Audio mixer Yamaha MG10xu is it for me?

MarcooTBH

So i am wanting to buy my first audio mixer for the purpose of fun, to be able to change my voice, sound like a robot, etc, etc, basically a voice changer, and also be able to loopback something i said, as i heard my friend had a yamaha mg12xu and he could say something and immediatly he could do something so it  just said it again. Like for example i say ''Mixer'' and i press a button and it replays what i just said i guess? sorry if i sound absolutely ridicilous.  But i was basically wondering if the mg10xu would be able to do that for me? 

First of all what are you doing that requires a 12 channel mixer? Unless you actually have 12 inputs that kinda seems like burning money, and even if you are just doing it for fun that kinda seems like overkill. For the looping thing, I don't usually do stuff live so I'm not really sure but, you might want to look into DJ mixers as what your describing sounds definitely more up their aisle. If your hard set on the Yamaha, you can take a look at those looping effect pedals and set up a effect that way. I don't use analog mixers that much, but i'm pretty confident it's impoosible to do this on just a mixer

My life

well, like i said, i dont have any experience in mixers, i dont even know what channels are lol, anyways i bought it already so i guess we will just have to see. Also i thought about dj mixers too but couldnt find any info on any good ones and ones that were in my 260$ price range. 

9 hours ago, Himommies said:

First of all what are you doing that requires a 12 channel mixer? Unless you actually have 12 inputs that kinda seems like burning money, and even if you are just doing it for fun that kinda seems like overkill. For the looping thing, I don't usually do stuff live so I'm not really sure but, you might want to look into DJ mixers as what your describing sounds definitely more up their aisle. If your hard set on the Yamaha, you can take a look at those looping effect pedals and set up a effect that way. I don't use analog mixers that much, but i'm pretty confident it's impoosible to do this on just a mixer

5 hours ago, MarcooTBH said:

well, like i said, i dont have any experience in mixers, i dont even know what channels are lol, anyways i bought it already so i guess we will just have to see. Also i thought about dj mixers too but couldnt find any info on any good ones and ones that were in my 260$ price range. 

If you already bought it I'm positive it's impossible to do on the mixer. You can use something like a Elgato stream deck Im pretty sure or set up a series of macros that does it

My life

I mean, i heard and saw my friend do it, he had a rode nt1a (same as me) and a yamaha mg12xu, and i have the mx10xu. Atleast thats what he told me after i asked how he did the loop and voicechanger thing. 

2 hours ago, Himommies said:

If you already bought it I'm positive it's impossible to do on the mixer. You can use something like a Elgato stream deck Im pretty sure or set up a series of macros that does it

19 minutes ago, MarcooTBH said:

I mean, i heard and saw my friend do it, he had a rode nt1a (same as me) and a yamaha mg12xu, and i have the mx10xu. Atleast thats what he told me after i asked how he did the loop and voicechanger thing. 

Like there's probaly a way to do it via software or OBS but that shouldn't require a mixer, but I don't know of a way to do it completely analogy. Also why not just ask your friend?

My life

10 hours ago, MarcooTBH said:

A channel is essentially just one bit of audio, your headphones are two channels, as they can handle two channels (left and right) of audio.

A 12 channel mixer can handle 12 inputs, or 6 stereo/2 channel inputs.

An 8 channel mixer can handle 8 inputs, or 4 stereo/2 channel inputs, etc.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

On 3/15/2020 at 4:10 PM, MarcooTBH said:

I tried, but he isnt answering me anymore, and hasnt for a couple weeks now.  Not sure why lol 

Because they were trolling you.