How to listen to CDs on PC

BarackOBatman
Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
12 minutes ago, BarackOBatman said:

My PC does not have an optical drive but I do own an external one .https://www.newegg.com/nurbenn-model-gll-121-cd-rom-drive/p/105-005S-00001?Item=9SIAH197TP2724

Will this do?

USB disk readers are basically as good as SATA ones by and large, I doubt you'd have any issues with this.

Maybe a bit of a silly question...

Any recommendations on what hardware (CD player) and software to listen to CDs on with the best quality?

My PC does not have an optical drive but I do own an external one .https://www.newegg.com/nurbenn-model-gll-121-cd-rom-drive/p/105-005S-00001?Item=9SIAH197TP2724

Will this do?

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

12 minutes ago, BarackOBatman said:

Will this do?

USB disk readers are basically as good as SATA ones by and large, I doubt you'd have any issues with this.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

In the past you had to connect the cd/dvd unit to the sound card using an analogue or digital audio cable.

Since after Windows 98, Windows is smart enough to read the data from discs digitally as 1s and 0s and play it... also, a lot of audio players support reading the audio tracks.

If you want as perfect as possible, you can use Exact Audio Copy to grab all the audio tracks and automatically encode them to FLAC (lossless quality) or Opus (lossy, but much better than mp3 or aac, at high bitrate it's practically lossless)

2 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Winamp

It really kicks the llama's ass

MediaMonkey. Winamp with features n shiz