LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

5 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Ok guys, don't laugh, i tried my best.

it's time to farm some PONTS.

Stonks

1600013389_24marchlttvspcmr.png.e72beb2c18ee5989f2d7b0be27a74768.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I've got 20 x headless rigs with Ryzen 3900X sitting not doing anything at the moment due to clients either shutting down or cost-cutting. Just SSHing into them now to install FAH on them and contribute.

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Stonks

Kinda have to combine two gif/memes for this.

giphy.gif

and 

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I HATE IT WHEN THERE ARE NO GPU WU'S available for 2 days....

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Hi guys, i'm new to this. 
I'm having an issue with the CPU WU while my GPU WU is working fine. So my CPU is ready but cant find any WU; its stuck on download or WS Assignment. 

1 minute ago, 1Blash said:

I'm having an issue with the CPU WU while my GPU WU is working fine. So my CPU is ready but cant find any WU; its stuck on download or WS Assignment. 

Please read the blue message at the top on the thread 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, 1Blash said:

Just give it time, the servers are being overloaded with the requests and returns.

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Please read the blue message at the top on the thread 

1 minute ago, ThetaSigma said:

Just give it time, the servers are being overloaded with the requests and returns.

Thanks both of you! 

HELLO 

i started yesterday folding with my 1080 and 780ti and it worked well

but today i added my gtx 670 also and now only the 670 and 1080 shows up in foldingahome

whats wrong ? all three shows up in windows

1 minute ago, Plingen said:

HELLO 

i started yesterday folding with my 1080 and 780ti and it worked well

but today i added my gtx 670 also and now only the 670 and 1080 shows up in foldingahome

whats wrong ? all three shows up in windows

Probably shortage of WUs by your explanation of problem. 

Next time post screenshot or logs so we can have better insight.

Also:

READ FAQ

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

1 minute ago, Favebook said:

Probably shortage of WUs by your explanation of problem. 

Next time post screenshot or logs so we can have better insight.

Also:

READ FAQ

image.thumb.png.ac0200bb0adb380174bdeb5e22d7b17e.png

here you can see the problem

3 minutes ago, Plingen said:

image.thumb.png.ac0200bb0adb380174bdeb5e22d7b17e.png

===== edit====

go to configure->slots, click add, select gpu, leave the gpu-index as -1

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

1 minute ago, Plingen said:

You need to add a new GPU slot to fold under the configure tab.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Got F@H working...however, my PC evidently never goes to sleep mode on it's own no matter how I set it.

Anyways, running max power for as long as there is work...

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

You need to add a new GPU slot to fold under the configure tab.

how ? dosent seem to add itself when i try

3 minutes ago, zassou said:

just go to the log tab

too many folders, not enough assignments

15:12:38:WARNING:WU01:FS00:Failed to get assignment from '18.218.241.186:80': No WUs available for this configuration
15:12:38:ERROR:WU01:FS00:Exception: Could not get an assignment

still cant see 3 gpu's anywhere in the software

1 hour ago, Favebook said:

Before judging them, you do know they are non-profit organisation and mostly run by volunteers? 

Also, on the other note, ACTIVE users are growing exponentially and while their servers were okay (saying "okay" because even then there was some problems) with handling 30k users, and now they have over 400k (as of 20.03.2020.)!!!

And I imagine that number is gonna be (if it already isn't) doubled in a few days/weeks.

I'm well aware of how F@H is structured, I'm not new to folding, I have 860mil points to my name.  My point was that services and support have been offered both on the back and front end and it seems like there's been enough time passed that they could have taken advantage of it.  Work generation and distribution servers aren't that difficult to replicate and job coordination between generation servers is also a surmountable obstacle.  I know they're overwhelmed but if they aren't sending out work units people will quit folding soon and may not come back if they do eventually scale up.

is there a way to confirm you're signed up? I participated in a couple events already and never got the badges (apparently they're supposed to be automatically assigned).

6 minutes ago, Cerberus044 said:

-snip-

I can tell you from my chat with Linus that they(F@H) are working very hard to get more servers up, it just takes time to make sure that it all works...

F@H have accepted support from a good number of sources and are currently working diligently and very hard to get everything sorted. But at the end of the day they are a small team who are volunteers. Relax, crack a beer or grab a coffee and just let them do their thing. I can tell you from my experience studying and working on large scale networking that nothing is as simple as it seems from the outside. 

6 minutes ago, 42thgamer said:

Yes! We earned more points than the default team last update!

spacer.pngfah.thumb.PNG.3f9cdd34104135ed494728bbcbdfab15.PNG

We have for the last 3-5 updates... 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

2 minutes ago, chairitable said:

is there a way to confirm you're signed up? I participated in a couple events already and never got the badges (apparently they're supposed to be automatically assigned).

You're correctly signed up, see the list here:

Do confirm your folding name is correct (your folding name is the same name as your forum name, correct?)

The badges for the events are handed out 'automatically', as in moderators by hand, gave out the badges for previous events. But you still had to comply by the minimum requirements (x amount of days active, y amount of points, etc.). Keep in mind this event doesn't have a badge associated with it.

So just confirm your folding name is correct and fold as much as possible (or at least until the minimum requirements of this event, which are listed in the first post of this thread) and you're good.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 minutes ago, chairitable said:

The badges are assigned by Mods after the datasheet produces a list of people who qualify. What events have you participated in, I have copies of all past datasheets so can look them up for you. but I  can tell you, it has been checked and doubled checked by 3-5 people each event. We haven't missed anyone yet despite the fact I've had probably 100 people over the last couple years messaging me telling me they most certainly participated. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240