LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

just about to hit 1  million points in 2 days. with only 2 pcs

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

finally start folding, altho gpu is still idling

Snipaste_2020-03-24_13-37-48.png

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

4 hours ago, Will Treaty said:

When I saw this reply and checked it, I saw whether my computer (i5 8250u, mx150) would fit the timing in just a few hours or miss it by a few hours. And I'm talking about expiration, not just timeout. Since my primary goal was to help and as far as I can see, the time constraints are longer, I decided to switch to BOINC so that I would do the same job at BOINC and help less interested Rosetta@home Project which is also Works for finding cure for COVID-19, and also at F@H when ı leave a WU to make room for faster computers than mine waiting. The reason I wrote this is to warn owner of lower level computer friends like me, if your Base and Estimated Credits are the same, you are probably doing it in vain because you will probably miss expiration date and all data for WU will be wiped and you will not get any credits. So if your goal is to help, you can check out Rosetta@home (there are instructions at their site if you want to install it) and switch to BOINC.

That is interesting.

It looks like BIONIC uses your computer in different ways.  Sometimes it needs large amounts of storage space.  It depends what projects are added.

Rosetta@Home compliments Folding@Home very well!!

But this thread is about FAH for the LTT team.  And COVID-19

Folding@home is easier to use and it does not consume storage space.

I don't want to take anything from the LTT Folding@Home team.

If you want to contribute to COVID-19 research and your machine can not keep up with Folding at Home.  Maybe try Rosetta@Home.

Thanks for informing me about alternatives.

32 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

Im not 100% sure, but I assume the points you earned before entering the key can't be later on associated to your account. So I think those are lost to the anonymous account forever. 

But thats ok, right now we are trying to save the world! lol. Just keep folding and you will get plenty more :)

Exactly and I didnt have too many anyways.. Now the work units are coming in steadily and im going to bed for the evening with my system running through the evening so ill more than make up for it. And as you said, the point is helping people, points are just a silly thing

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

@Spotty Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but another work around/fix for chrome is pressing f12 when the web tool is being buggy then right-clicking the refresh icon and selecting "empty cache, hard reload". not sure how long this will fix it for, results may vary but its lasted a decent bit so far.

8 minutes ago, Small Turdle said:

That is interesting.

It looks like BIONIC uses your computer in different ways.  Sometimes it needs large amounts of storage space.  It depends what projects are added.

Rosetta@Home compliments Folding@Home very well!!

But this thread is about FAH for the LTT team.  And COVID-19

Folding@home is easier to use and it does not consume storage space.

I don't want to take anything from the LTT Folding@Home team.

If you want to contribute to COVID-19 research and your machine can not keep up with Folding at Home.  Maybe try Rosetta@Home.

Thanks for informing me about alternatives.

I am actually doing Rosetta on my CPU’s and folding on my GPU’s. Since WU can be hard to get, I figured if at least get my CPU’s running 100% of the time on Rosetta.

Trying to give everyone as much data as possible!

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

Is there any way to ensure that your computer is folding for a particular project number?

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

1 hour ago, YellowJersey said:

Is there any way to ensure that your computer is folding for a particular project number?

If you set your web control to fold for 'any disease', you'll get Covid-19 Work Units.  I'm afraid you can't choose which project number you fold for, but the Covid-19 ones are:

11 minutes ago, Spotty said:

6. How do I know that I'm working on COVID-19 related projects ?
If you're running a project that's listed here, you're fighting COVID-19 :
CPU : 13862 - 13863 - 14328 - 14329 - 14337 - 14528 to 14531 - 14572 - 14574 - 14576 - 14600
GPU : 11741 to 11781

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=32463

(Bear in mind they could have added more Covid-19 projects, so the above is a non-exhaustive list)

Also make sure to add the LinusTechTips_Team:

On 3/14/2020 at 1:21 AM, GOTSpectrum said:

Folding@home team LTT id#: 223518

I can't get web control to pop up does anyone know how to get this to work?

5 minutes ago, Z_0018 said:

I can't get web control to pop up does anyone know how to get this to work?

use incognito or a different browser

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

Is there supposed to be a URL for the web control?

Tried to get an 11 year old ThinkPad folding, but the old girl couldn't handle the Windows 10 installation. I'll try tomorrow with Linux Mint.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

1 minute ago, YellowJersey said:

Tried to get an 11 year old ThinkPad folding, but the old girl couldn't handle the Windows 10 installation. I'll try tomorrow with Linux Mint.

T400/T500? They should run Windows 10 just fine if you have enough RAM

Intel Core i9-10900X, Asus TUF X299 Mark 1, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, Asus GTX 1080 Strix, 2TB 970 EVO Plus, 2TB SN570, 8TB HDD, DC Assassin III, Meshify 2

Old PC: Intel Xeon X5670 6c/12t @ 4.40GHz, Asus P6X58D-E, 24GB DDR3 1600MHz, Asus GTX 1080 Strix, 500GB, 250GB & 120GB SSD, 2x 4TB & 2x 2TB HDD, Fractal Define R5

PC 2: Intel Xeon E5-2690 8c/16t @ 3.3-3.8GHz, ThinkStation S30 (C602/X79), 64GB (4x 16GB) DDR3 1600MHz, Asus GeForce GTX 960 Turbo OC, 1TB Crucial MX500

PC 3: Intel Core i7-3770 4c/8t @ 4.22-4.43GHz, Asus P8Z77-V LK, 16GB DDR3 1648MHz, Asus RX 470 Strix, 1TB & 250GB Crucial MX500 and 3x 500GB HDD

Laptop: ThinkPad T440p, Intel Core i7-4800MQ 4c/8t @ 2.7-3.7GHz, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, GeForce GT 730M (GPU: 1006MHz MEM: 1151MHz), 2TB SSD, 14" 1080p IPS, 100Wh battery

Laptop 2: ThinkPad T450, Intel Core i7-5600U 2c/4t @ 2.6-3.2GHz, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, Intel HD 5500, 250GB SSD, 14" 900p TN, 24Wh + 72Wh batteries

Phone: Huawei Honor 9 64GB + 256GB card Watch: Motorola Moto 360 1st Gen.

General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion

Some other PC's:

Spoiler

Some of the specs of these systems might not be up to date

PC 4: Intel Xeon X5675 6c/12t @ 3.07-3.47GHz, HP 0B4Ch (X58), 12GB DDR3 1333MHz, Asus GeForce GTX 660 DC2, 240GB & 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD

PC 5: Intel Xeon W3550 @ 3.07GHz, HP (X58), 8GB DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 (GPU: 1050MHz MEM: 1250MHz), 120GB SSD, 2TB, 1TB and 500GB HDD

PC 6: Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.8GHz, Asus P5KC, 8GB DDR2, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470, 120GB SSD and 500GB HDD

HTPC: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0GHz, HP DC7900SFF, 8GB DDR2 800MHz, Asus Radeon HD 6570, 240GB SSD and 3TB HDD

WinXP PC: Intel Core2 Duo E6300 @ 2.33GHz, Asus P5B, 2GB DDR2 667MHz, NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT, 32GB SSD and 80GB HDD

RetroPC: Intel Pentium 4 HT @ 3.0GHz, Gigabyte GA-8SGXLFS, 2gb DDR1, ATi Radeon 9800 Pro, 2x 40gb HDD

My first PC: Intel Celeron 333MHz, Diamond Micronics C400, 384mb RAM, Diamond Viper V550 (NVIDIA Riva TNT), 6gb and 8gb HDD

Server: 2x Intel Xeon E5420, Dell PowerEdge 2950, 32gb DDR2, ATI ES1000, 4x 146gb SAS

Dual Opteron PC: 2x 6-core AMD Opteron 2419EE, HP XW9400, 32GB DDR2, ATI Radeon 3650, 500gb HDD

Core2 Duo PC: Intel Core2 Duo E8400, HP DC7800, 4gb DDR2, NVIDIA Quadro FX1700, 1tb and 80gb HDD

Athlon XP PC: AMD Athlon XP 2400+, MSI something, 1,5gb DDR1, ATI Radeon 9200, 40gb HDD

Thinkpad: Intel Core2 Duo T7200, Lenovo Thinkpad T60, 4gb DDR2, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400, 1tb HDD

Pentium 3 PC: Intel Pentium 3 866MHz, Asus CUSL2-C, 512mb RAM, 3DFX VooDoo 3 2000 AGP

Laptop: Dell Latitude E6430, Intel Core i5-3210M, 6gb DDR3 1600MHz , Intel HD 4000, 250gb Samsung SSD 860 EVO, 1TB WD Blue HDD

Laptop: Latitude 3380, Intel Pentium Gold 4415U 2c/4t @ 2.3GHz, 8GB DDR4, Intel HD 610, 120GB SSD, 13.3" 768p TN, 56Wh battery

2 minutes ago, Z_0018 said:

Is there supposed to be a URL for the web control?

http://localhost:7396/

this is one people use for when chrome doesn't work, might as well use it right off the bat

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

hi guys first time on the fourm and first time folding, looking forward to making my old 2500k sweat at 5 ghz but i hope the 1080ti will make up for the lack of cpu lol

45 minutes ago, Tad Bittoomuch said:

Bear in mind they could have added more Covid-19 projects, so the above is a non-exhaustive list)

They have indeed added more covid-19 units...

CPU : 13862 - 13863 - 14328 - 14329 - 14337 - 14528 to 14531 - 14572 - 14574 - 14576 - 14600

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

After complete two assignments the system displayed:

06:50:04:WARNING:WU01:FS00:Failed to get assignment from '18.218.241.186:80': No WUs available for this configuration
06:50:04:ERROR:WU01:FS00:Exception: Could not get an assignment

I mean, how to solve this issue?

Hi guys,

I started folding 2 days ago and completed at least 15 WU or so. However on the stats page, when I click on my name, only 3 of them and 19.000 points show up. I've set up the passkey and team, should I be worried or is the stats page lagging a day behind? The Advanced control shows an estimate of 1665109 per day, so it should be a lot more by now...

Thanks!

Is anyone else having trouble with the Web Control page in Chrome? The page keeps flashing and/or refreshing every second and is making it impossible to use. I do not have this trouble in Firefox or Edge. I have disabled all my extensions and it still does this on two different computers. 

1 minute ago, Ben946210 said:

Is anyone else having trouble with the Web Control page in Chrome? The page keeps flashing and/or refreshing every second and is making it impossible to use. I do not have this trouble in Firefox or Edge. I have disabled all my extensions and it still does this on two different computers. 

Chrome Dev?Just like mine, It will constantly refresh, you could just use another browser instead.

2 minutes ago, chriswang01 said:

After complete two assignments the system displayed:

06:50:04:WARNING:WU01:FS00:Failed to get assignment from '18.218.241.186:80': No WUs available for this configuration
06:50:04:ERROR:WU01:FS00:Exception: Could not get an assignment

I mean, how to solve this issue?

This is due to the sheer number of people folding, the F@H servers are being slammed, they can't distribute new work units fast enough.

2 minutes ago, RolandDS said:

Hi guys,

I started folding 2 days ago and completed at least 15 WU or so. However on the stats page, when I click on my name, only 3 of them and 19.000 points show up. I've set up the passkey and team, should I be worried or is the stats page lagging a day behind? The Advanced control shows an estimate of 1665109 per day, so it should be a lot more by now...

Thanks!

The F@H stats page is currently at least a few hours behind in terms of statistics tracking, but they'll show up eventually.  You can check out the extremeoverclocking.com folding stats page as they're more up to date, but still up three or more hours behind real time.

10 minutes ago, Spotty said:

They have indeed added more covid-19 units...

Thanks Spotty, I'll update it :)

How can you use 2 GPU if you have 2? I have a Dell Insprion 15 7000 Gaming, It have a 1050 TI mobile and a I5 7300HQ which have a intergated graphic  called Intel HD Graphics 630. But FAH only detect my 1050Ti. I need help!!!!!!!!!!!!