LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

I was folding for another team for about now, then i watched the folding video. So here i am, having finally joined the LTT forum after like 2 years of dedicated viewership. Can't wait to fold some more when i can get some sweet sweet WU's for my 3600/590 combo.

Thank FAH - Finally a good reason to run a non-matched GPU pair. Popped in the old 2060 to join the 2070 Super just to see what happens... and voila.. works like a charm! Best of luck Folders all of you and may your WUs be plentiful.

image.png.e4d548ada03368d8b58910675146c145.png

Servers seem to be down for me. Getting this error:

03:16:56:ERROR:WU01:FS01:Exception: Could not get an assignment
03:16:57:ERROR:WU00:FS00:Exception: 10001: Server responded: HTTP_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE

When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly, asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country! Ok?

6 minutes ago, Baos said:

Please read the blue box at the top of the page

Mini-ITX Desktop: i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB TridentZ RGB 3200MHz, Asus Strix Z390-i, EVGA 3090 Hybrid FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO+ NVMe 1TB, Lian Li O11 Air Mini White

Plex/Minecraft Server: Dell PowerEdge T320, Xeon E5-2470 v2, 48GB RAM, 19.25TB storage, RTX A2000 6GB

Tablet: iPad Pro 11” M1

6 minutes ago, Baos said:

I've gotten that error also. I think it connects to multiple servers, so one being down won't affect much. I've been still getting WUs when getting that error.

1 minute ago, Lordofcheez said:

Hey I was wondering if this is a good PPD.

Yes that is very good PPD.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

If anybody if having a hard time getting assignments..i just clicked the box for the cpu/gpu to only work while idling and it reset my queue every time. I repeated until i got an assignment withing 1-2 minutes.

Just now, Ahaber said:

Yes that is very good PPD.

Do you think I'll be able to get cool badges like you? 

2 minutes ago, Lordofcheez said:

Yes you will get badges if you're running that for any reasonable length of time

Mini-ITX Desktop: i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB TridentZ RGB 3200MHz, Asus Strix Z390-i, EVGA 3090 Hybrid FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO+ NVMe 1TB, Lian Li O11 Air Mini White

Plex/Minecraft Server: Dell PowerEdge T320, Xeon E5-2470 v2, 48GB RAM, 19.25TB storage, RTX A2000 6GB

Tablet: iPad Pro 11” M1

1 minute ago, Lordofcheez said:

These are the badge requirements - I don't think there'll be any special badges for this event unfortunately, although it'd be nice to have something to remember it by.  There's probably too many new users to coordinate handing out badges which is probably why they aren't doing badges this time.

Badge Requirements

1 hour ago, SmileyMan22 said:

I am definitely really new here, I just submitted my folding username and LTT forum name in the google doc.  I got everything up and running and have a passkey, using a dual xeon x5675 rig with a 1650, so its a little bit of an odd build but it should be decent enough.  Hopefully my 24 old logical processors can pull their weight well enough on the cpu side 😀

New person here as well (but have been viewing for a while ofc) and new to Folding at home, hopefully will be able to contribute even the smallest bit :)

4 hours ago, REDYul said:

I killed the app like 3 time until I hit a good server...

was noticing that my crap laptop was receiving WU  from IP X and my desktop was trying to reach Y!!!

The server IP are here: https://apps.foldingathome.org/serverstats

now both are working

4 hours ago, Rune said:

All about luck. After I submit a WU sometimes the next one queues right up, sometimes I have to wait half an hour.

Thank you so much for your help both of you. I am now folding away!

2020-03-23 (2).png

2020-03-23 (1).png

Can anyone help?!

My GPU wont 'fold'.

Using Catalyst, no Crimson drivers available for the card.

Thank you.

image.png.56becaa5c96f9ce8878281fffce7cec6.png

LOGS:

image.png.a1eba9cacd0d0f5e883a3e3df4ac9bec.png

1 minute ago, KingTwerk15 said:

Can anyone help?!

My GPU wont 'fold'.

Using Catalyst, no Crimson drivers available for the card.

Thank you.

image.png.56becaa5c96f9ce8878281fffce7cec6.png

LOGS:

image.png.a1eba9cacd0d0f5e883a3e3df4ac9bec.png

looks fine, the servers are overloaded dealing with the requests and the work units have been running out constantly. My GPU is also not folding for several hours now...

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. ~ Bill Murray

My folding stats

Just now, crocostix said:

looks fine, the servers are overloaded dealing with the requests and the work units have been running out constantly. My GPU is also not folding for several hours now...

Nice to know. Thank you crocostix.

1 hour ago, Ghost.Wolf said:

If anybody if having a hard time getting assignments..i just clicked the box for the cpu/gpu to only work while idling and it reset my queue every time. I repeated until i got an assignment withing 1-2 minutes.

Clicking pause has the same affect, but don't over due this. The servers are heavily overloaded at the moment from this influx of users which is what is causing the issues. Every time people try and pause and refresh, it pings the servers for more work. If folks repeatedly do this its just an effective DDOS on their back end. Glad you got a WU, but don't spam refresh it. The advice is if its been over ~30 minutes with no work, pause for 1 minute, then restart, and let it do its thing :).

Thanks for joining! Happy folding!

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

First time folder. I don't have the most powerful machine, but it was sitting idle and every bit helps, right? 

Happy to be folding for Team Linus 🤓

Screenshot (1).png

I just got my passkey and when i entered it it seemingly reset my points earned. Is that a glitch? 

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

Just dug an old HP Pavilion out of the closet and got it folding on full power for the LTT Folding Team. It ain't much, but it's honest work.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

HOLY $H!T

ploughing thru this thread defo helps...

Snipaste_2020-03-24_13-10-48.png

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

7 minutes ago, KenjiS9965 said:

I just got my passkey and when i entered it it seemingly reset my points earned. Is that a glitch? 

Im not 100% sure, but I assume the points you earned before entering the key can't be later on associated to your account. So I think those are lost to the anonymous account forever. 

But thats ok, right now we are trying to save the world! lol. Just keep folding and you will get plenty more :)

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air