LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

1204676509_Screenshot2020-03-23at6_13_48PM.png.d10758022ee1ece5cda1e98aed76fedf.png

y'all are crazy

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

5 minutes ago, Shlouski said:

Repeating what has been said many times before in this thread,

Most of the issues people are experiencing at the moment are being caused by the F@H servers being overloaded, the number of users trying to access the servers have increased severalfold in a very short time. 

This means,

It is difficult to get WUs, your system is most likely working correctly if you have had a least one, so it you are not getting more then it likely because there are no WUs available and you should wait, how long, how long is a piece of string?

It may take a long time to receive your passkey so be patient, again how long is a piece of string?

It takes time for your stats to update so relax, it can take hours, even a day or more for them to update so I wouldn't sit around refreshing it every few minutes.

Nobody in the thread has a crystal ball and because of this are unfortunately unable to answer questions referring to how long the servers will take to perform given tasks, so we all have to wait and be patient 👍

THIS. And read the pinned blue box on top of this thread, it will answer 95% of your questions. 99% questions have been answered already but no one seems to know how to use the search function.

1 minute ago, Gegger said:

1204676509_Screenshot2020-03-23at6_13_48PM.png.d10758022ee1ece5cda1e98aed76fedf.png

y'all are crazy

you gotta be a little crazy to throw hardware at F@H

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, ShortRouter said:

THIS. And read the pinned blue box on top of this thread, it will answer 95% of your questions. 99% questions have been answered already but no one seems to know how to use the search function.

Yep! Read the blue message, OP and FAQ anf pretty much all the normal questions are answered!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, ShortRouter said:

SO MUCH THIS

Its ok tho, lots of new folks just trying to get info, we appreciate all of you :)

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

Hey I get to give my home server's Xeon and Quadro something to do when it's not being used as a game server, file server, or CAD modeling :)

I use to FAH back in like 06-07 with my pitiful socket 478 Pentium 4 and an APG slot GeForce 6200. Safe to say the output was not impressive lol.

Just now, thall320578 said:

Hey I get to give my home server's Xeon and Quadro something to do when it's not being used as a game server, file server, or CAD modeling :)

I use to FAH back in like 06-07 with my pitiful socket 478 Pentium 4 and an APG slot GeForce 6200. Safe to say the output was not impressive lol.

I think I started BOINC/folding no a P4 HT haha. Maybe it was my Athlon 64. I was only a kid in middle school...... 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

2 minutes ago, LIGISTX said:

I think I started BOINC/folding no a P4 HT haha. Maybe it was my Athlon 64. I was only a kid in middle school...... 

I'd dig my other old rig out of the closet with a pair of RX480's in it, but I'm afraid I'll burn the house down...

I tried adding a GPU (GTX 780, Kepler) I can't see it in the advanced client and can't be sure it's compatible?

any idea?

Just now, REDYul said:

I tried adding a GPU (GTX 780, Kepler) I can't see it in the advanced client and can't be sure it's compatible?

any idea?

Fully compatible, make sure you can see it in device manager 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, REDYul said:

any idea?

Did you add it as a new slot? Advanced > Configure > Slots > Add

extrem-oc folding server stats are down ... seem they reach their limits too

Simple rules:

- If it works, dont update it.

- You don't know how, just do it, you will learn.

- Test, restest, test again, and maybe it will do it.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?u=919931

Just now, stratege1401 said:

extrem-oc folding server stats are down ... seem they reach their limits too

EOC is fine for me 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

EOC is fine for me 

Same, my profile is showing.

1 minute ago, LIGISTX said:

Did you add it as a new slot? Advanced > Configure > Slots > Add

Thnx I was tryiong to put an invalid value! simply did add + next + save and all ok

sorry!

Just now, REDYul said:

Thnx I was tryiong to put an invalid value! simply did add + next + save and all ok

sorry!

No problem. Welcome to the fold! Glad to have you :)

Just signed up to the forum and the cause using a Rysen 9 3900 and a Geforce 1050ti - the cpu can do the work in 20 minutes per WU - the gpu - 4 hours per WU.

:(

Just wish the servers would be stable - oh and if you use acronis - add the f@h exe to the whitelist for ransomware protection or it will block you after it uploads the first work unit.

let kick this virus in the teeth!

So i have this running on a Linux ubuntu 18.10 vm great the viewer is kinda awesome to watch. I then put this on my windows workstation with 2 xeons in it for 56 cores and a gtx 1080ti and the viewer is stuck in demo. I would sure like to peak in the viewer once and a while to see what it is doing but it wont connect for some reason. How do i fix this?

7 minutes ago, TravisW said:

So i have this running on a Linux ubuntu 18.10 vm great the viewer is kinda awesome to watch. I then put this on my windows workstation with 2 xeons in it for 56 cores and a gtx 1080ti and the viewer is stuck in demo. I would sure like to peak in the viewer once and a while to see what it is doing but it wont connect for some reason. How do i fix this?

If I recall correctly the viewer that comes included with the F@H client only works on Linux and MacOS.

Alternatively there is a github release of a viewer that appears to have fixed the Windows issues, but your kilometreage may vary ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13 hours ago, Phantombulit said:

For anyone interested, there is a WORKING FAH Viewer linked in the github i found an executable that someone compiled here:

https://github.com/FoldingAtHome/fah-issues/issues/1283
https://github.com/FoldingAtHome/fah-issues/files/4364298/FAHViewer-091713f412-windows-x86_64.zip

Apparently this has been fixed for a while now, but they never pushed a release.

Now you can watch something besides the "demo" mode, enjoy

Finally got a CPU workload! Man the 3900X makes short work of this O_O

*edit* According to my UPS I'm drawing 594W from the wall with CPU/GPU folding. Dunno how accurate that is

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

1 hour ago, Gegger said:

y'all are crazy

I came back from a weekend of limited internet connectivity and uh...
1947685795_manypeople.png.697f373ebc00535c78bf980cf00e7b45.png

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

I am definitely really new here, I just submitted my folding username and LTT forum name in the google doc.  I got everything up and running and have a passkey, using a dual xeon x5675 rig with a 1650, so its a little bit of an odd build but it should be decent enough.  Hopefully my 24 old logical processors can pull their weight well enough on the cpu side 😀