LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

1 minute ago, Der_fette_Vogel said:

❤️ I'm doing my part xD Now the GPU is working. 

FoldingAtHome-wus-certificate-72755645.jpg

Print and frame it 🤣

Main Rig:

Ryzen 5800x, ASUS Crosshair Hero VII Wi-Fi, 32gb of Corsair Vengence Pro SL 3600 CL18, MSI Ventus 2 OC RTX 3060 12gb, Corsair H115i Pro AIO cooler, Soundblaster AE-7, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 600Ohm headphones, Creative Giga Speakers, 1tb ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD, 1tb Intel 665P NVME SSD, 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD, 8tb WB Black SATA HDD, LG SATA Blue Ray Drive, Corsair CX850M PSU, Coolermaster Stryker case, ROG ARGB strips, China ARGB fans, China ARGB SSD heat sink. 🤣

HTPC:

Erying 11800 ES CPU/Mobo combo, 32GB of Corsair LPX 3200 CL16, Gigabyte 4060 8gb LP, Thermalright AXP90 full copper cooler, WD Black SN770 500gb NVME SSD, WD Black SN770 1tb NVME SSD, Crucial MX500 2tb SATA SSD, WD Blue 2tb SATA HDD, Pioneer Blu-Ray burner, Intel AX200 WiFi/Bluetooth, Seasonic 300w TFX PSU, Silverstone ML11 case. STILL NO RGB! 😭

Retro Gamer PC:

VIA C3 1000Mhz, VIA Epia PD-10000 LVDS, 1gb of Kingston DDR, PNY Geforce FX5500 128mb PCI, WD 80GB HDD, Random CD-ROM, Random 250w mini psu, Mini ITX case 🤣

12 minutes ago, HotaruMio said:

Cool. Time to bring out my decommissioned laptops and start folding. Already got a few rigs setup and folding. One is almost completing the first run. Unfortunately, all my GPUs are pretty weak...

Sync them all to the same username, team #, and passkey and you'll have a fairly decent amount of points between all of them.

5 minutes ago, HotaruMio said:

It seems the distribution is random. Few of my computers got the Coronavirus, while others get random ones such as myosin and other microorganism research. Though when I tried a method mentioned earlier with setting a client-type and beta, it seems to hit the coronavirus distribution each time.

They put a high priority on the COVID stuf but there are still other projects going on. Also important work 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

4 minutes ago, Der_fette_Vogel said:

❤️ I'm doing my part xD Now the GPU is working. 

-snip-

Was ein geiler Name haha! (Nice Name (the fat bird -german)

Happy to ave you on board bro!

I'm looking forward to the next few updates of EOC!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

8 minutes ago, archang3l_media said:

Okay, after Linus posted the Video about the 6 Editors Workstation being added to the team... Here are some (6) Xeon Platinum cores as well... Hopefully we will soon have a solution

image.thumb.png.4046439abb4263e983e1d9747d5e18d6.png

Just my private Stuff (18 CPU Cores and 1 RXT 2070S dedicated to the cause)... Let's do this, and fold this Virus :)

My "Gaming" Rig:
i5-9600k
RTX2070 Super
Three tier storage (nvme, SSDs, HDD)
Used for coding, gaming, photo and video editing.

2 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I'm looking forward to the next few updates of EOC!

YEH! Let’s hope WU supply holds up to that. ATM its looking good for me and I am finally getting back my 5700XT. JUST in time for the beginning of the event baby!

5 minutes ago, Oathkeeperspath said:

Sync them all to the same username, team #, and passkey and you'll have a fairly decent amount of points between all of them.

When I was checking my current username on FAH, it says that I have a total of 4543 of WU. Did I accidentally used another person's username? But there were no active clients under that name for 50 days...

b89b74ef51.png

I'm gonna start folding for the team again. It's been a while since I last did some folding. Might as well do my part.

1 minute ago, HotaruMio said:

When I was checking my current username on FAH, it says that I have a total of 4543 of WU. Did I accidentally used another person's username? But there were no active clients under that name for 50 days...

b89b74ef51.png

Yeah looks like you used the same username as someone else. That's part of why they have the passkeys. Also it will generally take a few hours for your stats to show up after you submit your first WU.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

Another newb here to add to the collective. (in fact, long time lurker/LTT viewier, first time poster)

I'm all set up and already working on the first WU. I've only got a 1060m but every little helps, right?

Just now, Ahaber said:

Yeah looks like you used the same username as someone else. That's part of why they have the passkeys. Also it will generally take a few hours for your stats to show up after you submit your first WU.

I did request for a new passkey. Though I havent finish any WU's yet. Maybe it might get updated afterwards?

Been waiting now over 1:30h and its doing nothing. Is it normal that theres no Ip?

1.PNG

Just now, WAVE said:

Been waiting now over 1:30h and its doing nothing. Is it normal that theres no Ip?

—snip—

lp?

but yeha please read the blue box and the FAQ. there is a surge in donors and not enough capacity on the server side.

but F@H team is on it!

1 minute ago, WAVE said:

1.PNG

Is there a chance, that your firewall blocks the traffic?

1 hour ago, ShortRouter said:
1 hour ago, Favebook said:

CC affects PPD much more, but lowering your memory speed can affect PPD, if you are a real enthusiast, I recommend you to OC CC as far as possible, then pull it back by two decrements (usually around 20-30 CC) and put your memory clock on stock or somewhere between +50 and +200. That is however for newer cards and usually Nvidia.

For AMD side, you really gotta be careful with that CC as a little bit too much of it can cause a heck of a lot of problems. My RX580 8gb ran at something about 1450CC if I remember correctly, but pushing it to 1500 CC would cause it to drop WUs from time to time.

You are giving dangerous advice. Any OC for 24/7 operation at full load can lead to a dead card, aside from loss of warranty because consumer GPUs are not rated for 24/7 operation in the first place. Inexperienced user overclocks his card, forgets to check if the temps are still safe temps and it cooks itself to death within days. Reason number 2 not to OC is the risk of F@H being very sensitive to data consistency. Reason number 3 is the inefficiency per Watt compared to stock. Reason number 4 is the official advice from F@H to run GPUs either stock or undervolted.

Read my post again. What I am giving is an answer to someone's question and not a dangerous advice. Overclocking does not brick your card nor does it "lead to a dead card", also it is so untrue that warranty is void if you overclock it.

Consumer GPU are actually made really durable, and not that fragile as you say. I never encourage inexperienced users TO PUSH their card to it's limits.

You cannot cook your card to death like that... WTF are you even talking about? I am so tilted right now that I am even reading or answering to this comment. I'll just stop myself here. Please inform yourself a little bit more before you say things like that.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

7 minutes ago, Ahaber said:

should I change my username to a different one then, or could I keep using the current one, as it seems that there's nobody using the current username.

1 minute ago, Metallus97 said:

lp?

but yeha please read the blue box and the FAQ. there is a surge in donors and not enough capacity on the server side.

but F@H team is on it!

Ip for Work- and collection server. I've read the FAQ but its working on my other rig.

2 minutes ago, Der_fette_Vogel said:

Is there a chance, that your firewall blocks the traffic?

Should be allowed but Log shows "65.254.110.245:8080': No WUs available for this configuration"

8 minutes ago, HotaruMio said:

I did request for a new passkey. Though I havent finish any WU's yet. Maybe it might get updated afterwards?

If you already have a passkey you won't get another one, it's already good. You'll likely have to look at the EOC stats instead of the FAH ones, EOC differentiates duplicate usernames.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, WAVE said:

Ip for Work- and collection server. I've read the FAQ but its working on my other rig.

Should be allowed but Log shows "65.254.110.245:8080': No WUs available for this configuration"

There won't be an IP until you actually get a WU. You just have to wait.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Im trying to do my part but they cant feed my monster quick enough...

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=931449 

My EOC F@H stats | My F@H Stats | My Real time F@H Production | My Boinc Stats

My team in point Generation order:

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Pre ordered Framework 16 Batch 8 | Ryzen 7 7840HS DIY | Plan on getting the Crucial 64 or 96GB ram Depending on feedback | and a 2 or 4TB WD Black SN850x and 2TB SN770M | 180Watt ACadapter

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Fry: Dell XPS 9520 | Win 11 Pro | Intel i7-12700H | 15.6" 3840x2400 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-4800 | 2TB WD SN810 & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | Nvidia 3050Ti | 130Watt ACadapter

Model 3 Ryzen APU | 2TB Samsung T7

Useful stuff i may mention

F@H Babysitter | F@H in the Dark | HFM Setup