Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

 

 

I've read that Fold@Home has a VMWare client but it lists vCenter as a requirement. Is there anything out there if I just have a standalone ESXI host?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to start, but not sure if its doing anything :/ its just said loading forever

Ryzen 9 3900x & Ryzen 7 3700x 120 AIO / MSI 2070 Super Ventus OC / MSI B450 Tomahawk Max & MSI x570 Gaming Pro / Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600mhz 2x8gb / 970EVOplus m.2 NVME 250gb / Adata sata SSD 250gb/ 2TB Hard drive / 9x Noctua Redux 120mm fans / (spare Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz 2x8gb) / Fanatec CSLE+ F1 / V3 Pedals / Next Level Sim Rig / LG Ultra Gear 34" curved ultrawide 144hz / Oculus Rift S / Asus 27" 144hz / crappy keyboard / crappy mouse

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Valentyn said:

 

You're using Chrome?

Use a different browser, it's a known bug. Also not getting a WU is normal at the moment. The mass influx of new people has overwhelmed the servers. They are expanding them though.

Thanks :D

image.thumb.png.2c3c9bbe9443465953439215996b6e8d.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

First time folder, signed up thanks to the LTT video on this whole thing. Didn't know there was a giveaway on. Probably going to miss it, because it's the 22nd and it appears the drawing is on the 26th, but hey. Every bit helps, eh?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, svenman2 said:

Thanks :D

image.thumb.png.2c3c9bbe9443465953439215996b6e8d.png

You may wanna check out the FAQ @Metallus97 has written linked in the blue message at the top if you have any more issues. Thanks for joining in!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 4Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    Aorus GTX 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Niterider said:

Strangely, I've been getting more GPU work than CPU work...too bad, my 1070GTX takes about 4-ish hours to finish a work unit while the ThreadRipper will chew one out in under an hour.

That's actually a very GOOD thing because GPUs are many times more efficient in parallel computing. Factor 10 at the very least.

Link to post
Share on other sites

been like this for maybe 10 minutes

Desktop Screenshot 2020.03.22 - 15.55.36.03.png

Ryzen 9 3900x & Ryzen 7 3700x 120 AIO / MSI 2070 Super Ventus OC / MSI B450 Tomahawk Max & MSI x570 Gaming Pro / Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600mhz 2x8gb / 970EVOplus m.2 NVME 250gb / Adata sata SSD 250gb/ 2TB Hard drive / 9x Noctua Redux 120mm fans / (spare Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz 2x8gb) / Fanatec CSLE+ F1 / V3 Pedals / Next Level Sim Rig / LG Ultra Gear 34" curved ultrawide 144hz / Oculus Rift S / Asus 27" 144hz / crappy keyboard / crappy mouse

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ash19256 said:

First time folder, signed up thanks to the LTT video on this whole thing. Didn't know there was a giveaway on. Probably going to miss it, because it's the 22nd and it appears the drawing is on the 26th, but hey. Every bit helps, eh?

The event starts on the 26th. Still plenty of time to sign up!

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CB_J_IRacing said:

been like this for maybe 10 minutes

Desktop Screenshot 2020.03.22 - 15.55.36.03.png

Unfortunately that is normal at the moment. See the blue bubble at the top of the page for an explanation.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CB_J_IRacing said:

been like this for maybe 10 minutes

Desktop Screenshot 2020.03.22 - 15.55.36.03.png

Leave it for couple hours, servers can't keep up with the work assignment because we are so many.

Link to post
Share on other sites

oh ok thanks guys

Ryzen 9 3900x & Ryzen 7 3700x 120 AIO / MSI 2070 Super Ventus OC / MSI B450 Tomahawk Max & MSI x570 Gaming Pro / Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600mhz 2x8gb / 970EVOplus m.2 NVME 250gb / Adata sata SSD 250gb/ 2TB Hard drive / 9x Noctua Redux 120mm fans / (spare Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz 2x8gb) / Fanatec CSLE+ F1 / V3 Pedals / Next Level Sim Rig / LG Ultra Gear 34" curved ultrawide 144hz / Oculus Rift S / Asus 27" 144hz / crappy keyboard / crappy mouse

Link to post
Share on other sites

What would be the best match up of hardware for a i5 2500k @5ghz and a i5 4460 with a gtx 760 and random old gpu? I want to make sure I'm contributing the most possible

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Flamewake said:

What would be the best match up of hardware for a i5 2500k @5ghz and a i5 4460 with a gtx 760 and random old gpu? I want to make sure I'm contributing the most possible

Overclocked hardware often produces errors when folding at full power. GPUs typically contribute the most compute power and produce the most points. Any hardware helps though.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ahaber said:

Overclocked hardware often produces errors when folding at full power. GPUs typically contribute the most compute power and produce the most points.

Ok. Ill pair the 760 with the 4460  and just have the 2500k running stock with the best gpu I can find then

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SheepGod said:

Ok ladies and gents lets get to work.

We are already well at work. Welcome to the team.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it a server issue when my status is: Waiting for: WS Assignment?

WS and CS are both still on 0.0.0.0.

Over the past week I have been occasionally folding some proteins, but I'm stuck more than that I'm actually doing anything. Yesterday it was stuck all the time on a WS without any jobs. Is there any way to switch WS, since others seem to have enough according to the server stats page?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Luck, and pausing/unpausing or restarting the client after about 1-2 hours of getting nothing.

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX2080S, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

 

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

 

GPD Win 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FooYoungHi said:

Is it a server issue when my status is: Waiting for: WS Assignment?

WS and CS are both still on 0.0.0.0.

Over the past week I have been occasionally folding some proteins, but I'm stuck more than that I'm actually doing anything. Yesterday it was stuck all the time on a WS without any jobs. Is there any way to switch WS, since others seem to have enough according to the server stats page?

At the moment work assignments are in high demand and there isn't enough bandwidth to send them all out. Personally I have been waiting for the last few hours for an assignment with no luck yet.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spovox said:

Im new to this party and willing to give all that I got 😀

Welcome to the team!

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

Link to post
Share on other sites

I read enough to register for whatever the google doc was, and to switch to this team.  Hope I didn't need permission to contribute.  Rummaged around and put together as many cores as I could find.  Might be a ratty bundle of parts, but its kicking out ~800k as long as I can keep it in WU's

  

24/7

r7-2700 - HD7850 + 2 x 6450

r5-1600 AF + 2x  HD 6450

i5 - 4570 + HD6450

 

70%

r5-3600 + RX 480

 

 

BTW, Moved here from reddit-homelab, because I kept ending up here when I was looking for tweaks Thanks for that.

 

I made a simple powershell script that has been very handy to kick my clients over with minimal effort. Shove your username where it belongs. Paste it into POWERSHELL ISE, save as...,  then right click it and run with powershell, or make a scheduled task to run about every 8-12 hours.  I'm not doing it more often to keep from hitting the servers more than necessary.  This is about achieving a common goal, not getting the highest numbers, give the servers some slack.

 

TASKKILL /F /IM FAHClient.exe /T
Start-sleep -seconds 60
C:\Users\INSERT-YOUR-USERNAME-HERE\Desktop\Folding@home.lnk

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

is there a way to check if our signup for the event is confirmed? I know we had one last time

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Polyspecific said:

I read enough to register for whatever the google doc was, and to switch to this team.  Hope I didn't need permission to contribute.  Rummaged around and put together as many cores as I could find.  Might be a ratty bundle of parts, but its kicking out ~800k as long as I can keep it in WU's

  

24/7

r7-2700 - HD7850 + 2 x 6450

r5-1600 AF + 2x  HD 6450

i5 - 4570 + HD6450

 

70%

r5-3600 + RX 480

 

 

BTW, Moved here from reddit-homelab, because I kept ending up here when I was looking for tweaks Thanks for that.

 

I made a simple powershell script that has been very handy to kick my clients over with minimal effort. Shove your username where it belongs. Paste it into POWERSHELL ISE, save as...,  then right click it and run with powershell, or make a scheduled task to run about every 8-12 hours.  I'm not doing it more often to keep from hitting the servers more than necessary.  This is about achieving a common goal, not getting the highest numbers, give the servers some slack.

 

TASKKILL /F /IM FAHClient.exe /T
Start-sleep -seconds 60
C:\Users\INSERT-YOUR-USERNAME-HERE\Desktop\Folding@home.lnk

 

 

 

No permission needed to contribute. Glad to have you on the team!

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Saksham said:

is there a way to check if our signup for the event is confirmed? I know we had one last time

@GOTSpectrum will likely post a list of signups when he is able to get everything verified and sorted out.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×