full size case with good airflow ...

so i'm using an old ibuypower prebuilt case and its not bad but id like to upgrade or change to something full size ... is there every a such thing anymore? 

i'll i'm seeing is mid towers which is fine but with some of the reviews i'm saying on some of them they really cramped and tight for space 

id like to find a good full size case with good airflow and something that will allow me to install more fans ... for example the case i have no is only vented for one fan to go up top

something that allows me to install move fans and at the top would be idea and i want to go full sized so i dont have to worry about space and in the future i can do as i please with said space 

any one have any recommendations i'm all ears!

thanks 

4 hours ago, Bvance44 said:

any one have any recommendations i'm all ears!

You would need to list the components you intend to use. Full size towers seem to going extinct with drives being smaller these days and not much demand for 5.25 bays for most people. I only use SSD and M.2 drives now.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

4 hours ago, Bvance44 said:

so i'm using an old ibuypower prebuilt case and its not bad but id like to upgrade or change to something full size ... is there every a such thing anymore? 

i'll i'm seeing is mid towers which is fine but with some of the reviews i'm saying on some of them they really cramped and tight for space 

id like to find a good full size case with good airflow and something that will allow me to install more fans ... for example the case i have no is only vented for one fan to go up

"Mid" and "Full" towers really have no meaning. the Fractal Design Define R6 and 7 are about 63L large in volume and can hold 11 and 14 HDD's respectively OR dual 360 radiators (or 420 and 280), but are only mid towers. So the definition of what a Mid tower is is fairly skewed, as a 36.8L Meshify C and an 83.8L Silent base 801 are the same class. (Personally I think anything about 60L should consider being called a Full tower, but that's just me)

One case that does come to mind as "Full tower (with a useless amount of space) and good airflow" is the upcoming Enthoo Pro II. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

for example this is what i'm worried about with these "mid tower" cases 

i'm seeing alot of reviews where people are struggling to fit everything in and not able to get as many fans in 

Screenshot_(4).png

On 3/15/2020 at 9:05 AM, Bvance44 said:

for example this is what i'm worried about with these "mid tower" cases 

i'm seeing alot of reviews where people are struggling to fit everything in and not able to get as many fans in 

Because they're trying to do push/pull on that AIO, which the case is only truly designed for push or pull with a full sized GPU. Not enough research was done by that user for what they wanted to do. The 220T's max GPU length without a front fan is 300mm, there are PLENTY of cases where it's well over 360mm (and well into the 400's) which with two front fans and a RAD would allow a GPU of around 285mm to fit without much issue.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 3/13/2020 at 1:58 PM, TVwazhere said:

"Mid" and "Full" towers really have no meaning. the Fractal Design Define R6 and 7 are about 63L large in volume and can hold 11 and 14 HDD's respectively OR dual 360 radiators (or 420 and 280), but are only mid towers. So the definition of what a Mid tower is is fairly skewed, as a 36.8L Meshify C and an 83.8L Silent base 801 are the same class. (Personally I think anything about 60L should consider being called a Full tower, but that's just me)

One case that does come to mind as "Full tower (with a useless amount of space) and good airflow" is the upcoming Enthoo Pro II. 

I've usually seen the distinction being larger motherboard/PCIe expansion support, but then there's "full" towers that don't support XL-ATX (aka very tall EATX, lotta PCIe slots) so yeah it's quite weird. Even on my 750D I couldn't put a dual slot PCIe device in the bottom slot because there isn't an expansion slot on the case itself. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

18 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Because they're trying to do push/pull on that AIO, which the case is only truly designed for push or pull with a full sized GPU. Not enough research was done by that user for what they wanted to do. The 220T's max GPU length without a front fan is 300mm, there are PLENTY of cases where it's well over 360mm (and well into the 400's) which with two front fans and a RAD would allow a GPU of around 285mm to fit without much issue.

Yeah I have a 280 mm rad which if that's the case should fit okay?

I'm trying to find a case that I can put my rad with three fans in the front three in the top one in the back get as much air flow as possible it will be overkill not needed but I would like it

I can game now and render 4K videos My back's temps stay below 60

And to get a little more FPS might as well add RGB lol...absolutely not a fan of RGB could care less about it at the same time I wouldn't mind lighting up my case so you can actually see in it It's getting to be nowadays You can't really buy parts that aren't RGB 🙄

Just now, Bvance44 said:

Yeah I have a 280 mm rad which if that's the case should fit okay?

I'm trying to find a case that I can put my rad with three fans in the front

The 220T can only hold two 140mm fans, not three. If you want three 140mm fans, you'll have to look at cases like the Fractal Design Define R6/S2/ Define 7, or the Phanteks P600S

Good thing about RGB is you can turn it off ;) 

On 3/17/2020 at 8:50 AM, TVwazhere said:

The 220T can only hold two 140mm fans, not three. If you want three 140mm fans, you'll have to look at cases like the Fractal Design Define R6/S2/ Define 7, or the Phanteks P600S

Good thing about RGB is you can turn it off ;) 

2 140mm in the front and 2 in the top would be fine  with one in the back 

where the current case can only do 2,1,1 or 3,1,1   id like the bigger 140mm fan bc they push more air

or even something they will allow me to put more 120mm fans in will work   my cooling is fine now but i want more air flow so anything would probly be an upgrade 

1 hour ago, Bvance44 said:

2 140mm in the front and 2 in the top would be fine  with one in the back 

where the current case can only do 2,1,1 or 3,1,1   id like the bigger 140mm fan bc they push more air

or even something they will allow me to put more 120mm fans in will work   my cooling is fine now but i want more air flow so anything would probly be an upgrade 

How long is your GPU again? 

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

How long is your GPU again? 

Honestly if I would have to look it up I have not measured

If it means anything to you it is an RTX 2070 dual fan GPU

I'm thinking instead of a case even if I just put two 140 mm fans on the other side of the radiator as push-pull configuration and add better fans one to the top and one to the back that alone will help

13 minutes ago, Bvance44 said:

Honestly if I would have to look it up I have not measured

If it means anything to you it is an RTX 2070 dual fan GPU

Most of those should be under 270mm long (if it's the reference card, it's 228mm)

AS long as your card isnt more than 248mm long, you should be good to use a 280mm AIO on the Corsair 220T if you really wanted to use that case (and there's a few of them that are that short, so it reeeeeally depends on what exact card you have.)

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Most of those should be under 270mm long (if it's the reference card, it's 228mm)

AS long as your card isnt more than 248mm long, you should be good to use a 280mm AIO on the Corsair 220T if you really wanted to use that case (and there's a few of them that are that short, so it reeeeeally depends on what exact card you have.)

My best guess is 10.5 '

8 minutes ago, Bvance44 said:

My best guess is 10.5 '

A 220T wouldnt work then, but a Meshify C would. However, with a front RAD in push OR pull, you'd only be able to install up to a 287mm long GPU. Triple fan cards get to be anywhere from 295-325mm long, so if you want future support for cards like those without every having issue, the P400A, Enthoo Pro M TG, or MB511 RGB would be more appropriate (choosing well ventilated cases for cards in that size range, as I'm assuming they will be very powerful cards that require really good cooling) All of those can install 3 120mm fans at the front, and at least two 120 or 140mm fans at the top (The Pro M can do three 120mm fans at the top too, or a 360 rad)

Has anyone ever tried running fans on both sides of the radiator?

8 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

A 220T wouldnt work then, but a Meshify C would. However, with a front RAD in push OR pull, you'd only be able to install up to a 287mm long GPU. Triple fan cards get to be anywhere from 295-325mm long, so if you want future support for cards like those without every having issue, the P400A, Enthoo Pro M TG, or MB511 RGB would be more appropriate (choosing well ventilated cases for cards in that size range, as I'm assuming they will be very powerful cards that require really good cooling) All of those can install 3 120mm fans at the front, and at least two 120 or 140mm fans at the top (The Pro M can do three 120mm fans at the top too, or a 360 rad)

So this is my current case I tried to get a measurement on it to give you a little bit better idea

If you look at the other picture you can see how much space and the current case I have between the radiator and the GPU tons of room for more radiators on the other side

IMG_20200319_183602.jpg

IMG_20200319_183615.jpg

IMG_20200319_184842.jpg

14 hours ago, Bvance44 said:

Has anyone ever tried running fans on both sides of the radiator?

In general? Yes. It tends to improve overall performance by 30% by being able to more efficiently move air through the rad. It's more performance technically but it's a poor value (kinda like custom watercooling. If you're really into max performance even if it's not the best for your wallet, by all means)

12 hours ago, Bvance44 said:

So this is my current case I tried to get a measurement on it to give you a little bit better idea

If you look at the other picture you can see how much space and the current case I have between the radiator and the GPU tons of room for more radiators on the other side

Spoiler

IMG_20200319_183615.jpgIMG_20200319_184842.jpgIMG_20200319_183602.jpg

Yeah you have a lot of room in that case, which believe it or not would still be considered a mid tower size, along the lines of the Fractal Design Define R6/S2, Define 7, Phanteks P600S, etc. If you like that size but just want more "usable" case that can somewhat fill the space with something if needed (hard drives, radiators, etc), something like those would be good. 

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

In general? Yes. It tends to improve overall performance by 30% by being able to more efficiently move air through the rad. It's more performance technically but it's a poor value (kinda like custom watercooling. If you're really into max performance even if it's not the best for your wallet, by all means)

Yeah you have a lot of room in that case, which believe it or not would still be considered a mid tower size, along the lines of the Fractal Design Define R6/S2, Define 7, Phanteks P600S, etc. If you like that size but just want more "usable" case that can somewhat fill the space with something if needed (hard drives, radiators, etc), something like those would be good. 

Yeah I will take a look I'm thinking about making a trip to a micro center this weekend

I'm almost leaning towards Corsair because some of their cases have the lighting controller in it

18 minutes ago, Bvance44 said:

a trip to a micro center

Oh how I envy thee!!!!!

Cases to look out for there:

Any of the Fractal Design Define cases

Phanteks P600S, P400A (P300A would be too short)

Coolermaster Mastercase H500 Series (H500, H500P Mesh, H500M)

Lian Li PC-O11D (you will need to buy fans as it does not come with any), Lancool 2

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

from what I understand most of their cases are on display so I want to go in and look at them in person that will give me a better idea

3 minutes ago, Bvance44 said:

from what I understand most of their cases are on display so I want to go in and look at them in person that will give me a better idea

They have a lot of good cases out on shelves to look at. Super rare to find at other Brick and mortar stores like Best buy for example (At least in a good selection, i suually just see a couple of Corsair and NZXT cases)

7 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

They have a lot of good cases out on shelves to look at. Super rare to find at other Brick and mortar stores like Best buy for example (At least in a good selection, i suually just see a couple of Corsair and NZXT cases)

I've been eyeballing two particular cases

One is iQue 465x 

And Corsair Crystal 570X

On 3/20/2020 at 6:28 PM, Bvance44 said:

I've been eyeballing two particular cases

One is iQue 465x 

And Corsair Crystal 570X

The last decent airflow cases Corsair made (outside the 275R airflow and 220T) IMO. Those would be decent assuming you havent already bought either one.