Covid19 fold sighted +help

Been folding covid 19 projects for the past like 24 hours on my 2080 super, btw been having issues with my 3900x and folding at more than 16 threads. Windows keeps saying its crashing do they just have bad multithreaded support? IMG_20200312_222358_967.thumb.jpg.4e13fc57b0378f0dba44b88ba4c1ad77.jpg

I've been folding all night on the same hardware (3900X / 2080 super) with no problems.  Maybe reinstall and/or restart?

913446749_foldingcoronavirus.thumb.jpg.dafbb7d24ed5e143b73d4c004db15e1c.jpg

2 hours ago, Kainhander said:

I've been folding all night on the same hardware (3900X / 2080 super) with no problems.  Maybe reinstall and/or restart?

913446749_foldingcoronavirus.thumb.jpg.dafbb7d24ed5e143b73d4c004db15e1c.jpg

I'll try a reinstall, could it be my overclock?

11 minutes ago, LiquidMotions said:

I'll try a reinstall, could it be my overclock?

Perhaps, I'm just running stock with no PBO right now. Temps are 72C CPU and 74 GPU, so not a ton of headroom for OC here :(

2 hours ago, Kainhander said:

Perhaps, I'm just running stock with no PBO right now. Temps are 72C CPU and 74 GPU, so not a ton of headroom for OC here :(

Reinstalled  windows keeps saying its crashing, its oc to 4.3ghz on all core temps are not am issue. Logs say warning:wu00:fs00:fahcore returned an unknown error code which probably indicates that it crashed

21 minutes ago, LiquidMotions said:

Reinstalled  windows keeps saying its crashing, its oc to 4.3ghz on all core temps are not am issue. Logs say warning:wu00:fs00:fahcore returned an unknown error code which probably indicates that it crashed

Try it without the OC to see if it still occurs.  If not, then check drivers for updates, and/or reset settings on f@h.  

32 minutes ago, LiquidMotions said:

I have the same issue with both of my PC's running BOINC...neither GPU is overclocked but they will crash every 10 minutes...

F@H is pretty sensitive to OCing. Does your GPU slot or the CPU slot fail? OR is F@H as a whole crashing? Wich process is it?

Besides that in my experience with my 3900x the windows scheduler is pretty bad on this combination of hardware. Well I have had a VII and now a 5700XT, but its the same deal. Everything over 8Cores CPU tanked the GPU performance. Check your "compute" usage for the GPU with taksmanager and compare GPU PPD with CPU folding on and off. 

For me the only solution was Linux or to not fold on my 3900x. Wich is a big waste because it can pull 300k-400k PPD!

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂