Future Proof PC under $1,500 USD in 2020

I have roughly a $1,500 budget and 6 - 10 month build time to build a decent rig for non-competitive gaming (AAA Titles, 1440p 75+ Hz is my highest expectation for this rig. ) and basic video editing tasks. What should I consider in this build? I want this to be compatible with upcoming hardware for years to come for easy upgrades.

Should I go Intel or AMD?

How much processing power will future games require (best guess)?

Should I wait a little longer for the next gen CPU and GPU to be released and go that route?

Any other considerations or ideas?

1 minute ago, A.Hruskach said:

I have roughly a $1,500 budget and 6 - 10 month build time to build a decent rig for non-competitive gaming and basic video editing tasks. What should I consider in this build? I want this to be compatible with upcoming hardware for years to come for easy upgrades.

Should I go Intel or AMD?

How much processing power will future games require (best guess)?

Should I wait a little longer for the next gen CPU and GPU to be released and go that route?

Any other considerations or ideas?

AMD and also futureproofing is sorta a myth 

3 minutes ago, Jaxzzzzz said:

AMD and also futureproofing is sorta a myth 

thank you, and I somewhat agree. I know technology is constantly evolving and improving, but how can I best adapt my system to accept the future technology? Example: I dont want to have to change the motherboard just because the socket type becomes obsolete. And with RAM, is a lower speed good to use? or should I use 3200MHz and faster RAM that has been developed recently. 

10 minutes ago, A.Hruskach said:

6 - 10 month build time to build

The gaming PC landscape will be so different in that window. Why is the window so large?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, A.Hruskach said:

thank you, and I somewhat agree. I know technology is constantly evolving and improving, but how can I best adapt my system to accept the future technology? Example: I dont want to have to change the motherboard just because the socket type becomes obsolete. And with RAM, is a lower speed good to use? or should I use 3200MHz and faster RAM that has been developed recently. 

3600 is the recommended for ryzen but 3200 is alright and yes make sure its going to play nice with 3rd gen ryzen I just upgraded from a 2600 to a 3600 and my existing ram was just not having any of it so i had to get a new kit  

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

The gaming PC landscape will be so different in that window. Why is the window so large?

I plan to have it built in that time frame because my current system is soon to become trash due to multiple failing components and older technology, and I wont have the funds until Mid Summer.

3 minutes ago, A.Hruskach said:

I plan to have it built in that time frame because my current system is soon to become trash due to multiple failing components and older technology, and I wont have the funds until Mid Summer.

You should wait until you can afford the parts before you make a build plan. What's good value now may not be in a couple months time, let alone 6

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad