Windows PC (Dell) version of the MBPr 15

pit5000

Dell's answer to the MBPr 15. Looks sleek.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2014/02/11/dell-precision-m3800-review-pc-users-finally-get-a-rival-to-the-15-inch-apple-macbook-pro-with-retina-display/?utm_campaign=techtwittersf&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

It has a pro GPU, so not the best for gaming. But if you want a Pro Laptop and don't want something that burns your legs you might have a choice in this thing.

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

looks great

but they used powermark to test the battery life vs  real usage

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

looks great

but they used powermark to test the battery life vs real usage

Real usage is far too subjective for it to be a reliable measure of average battery life.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

holy crap, dell are turning into the badasses of the market

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Real usage is far too subjective for it to be a reliable measure of average battery life.

the thing is they compared it to a MBP

and powermark doesn't work on OSX

so they really cant compare when he said MBP lasts 10 hours while the dell only lasted 4 hours

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

The High end Dell XPS laptops and the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 are pretty bad ass too. I just bought a Dell Inspiron 7000 and should be here Tuesday. costs around 1k on their website for the flagship model. Good deal for what you get IMHO. 1080p touchscreen with gorilla glass. less than an inch thin. 16Gb of ram. 1TB HDD or 256 SSD. all aluminum. nvidia 750m. Cant wait till it gets here. 

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 -> http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-7537/pd?oc=dncwb1565s&model_id=inspiron-15-7537

Dell XPS 15 -> http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-15-9530/pd?oc=dncwx1249h&model_id=xps-15-9530

Both are the Flagship models. The Inspiron being more worth it IMO.

Edit: XPS has a 3200 x 1800 Display

Dell XPS and Inspiron are not flagship products. ESEPCIALLY not Inspiron.

I guess you can call the XPS flagship consumer grade product.. but that is all.

If you want a well build machine, solid, better warranty, junk free, it's Dell Precision line, and Latitude, which encompass portability (however, lately (before they go private) they released crap for its Latitude series, making my statement, now, false, but hopefully Dell will return to it's root, as they no longer have to please their shareholders.

holy crap, dell are turning into the badasses of the market

That's what you get when you don't have to bend over backwards to satisfy shareholders that only care about short-term profits and not about the longevity of the company.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

That's what you get when you don't have to bend over backwards to satisfy shareholders that only care about short-term profits and not about the longevity of the company.

i and many others are waiting for alienware to follow suit. dell have got their shit together but its like alienware are getting worse.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

i've got this notebook and it's the best experience i've ever had with a windows notebook!! it was worth every cent!

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

I have the XPS 15 L521X (Ivy Bridge), but man does that thing throttle.  <_<  Arctic Silver 5 helped a lot though. :)

qcc5.jpg

Dell XPS and Inspiron are not flagship products. ESEPCIALLY not Inspiron.

I guess you can call the XPS flagship consumer grade product.. but that is all.

If you want a well build machine, solid, better warranty, junk free, it's Dell Precision line, and Latitude, which encompass portability (however, lately (before they go private) they released crap for its Latitude series, making my statement, now, false, but hopefully Dell will return to it's root, as they no longer have to please their shareholders.

Sorry I meant the high end model of its line. Not Dells actual flagship models. I should have been more clear and it was late lol. The links are for the highest end inspiron and XPS dell has on their site.

The High end Dell XPS laptops and the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 are pretty bad ass too. I just bought a Dell Inspiron 7000 and should be here Tuesday. costs around 1k on their website for the flagship model. Good deal for what you get IMHO. 1080p touchscreen with gorilla glass. less than an inch thin. 16Gb of ram. 1TB HDD or 256 SSD. all aluminum. nvidia 750m. Cant wait till it gets here. 

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 -> http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-7537/pd?oc=dncwb1565s&model_id=inspiron-15-7537

Dell XPS 15 -> http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-15-9530/pd?oc=dncwx1249h&model_id=xps-15-9530

Both are the Flagship models. The Inspiron being more worth it IMO.

Edit: XPS has a 3200 x 1800 Display

The Inspiron 15 7000 looks really nice and affordable, too bad they don't have a quad core i7 option, I would have really loved that.