Urgent help needed on choosing a 1650 super

Morty77

Hi all,

I have two choices 

Asus tuf 1650 super 

Gigabyte 1650 super windforce

Asus one is about 10% more expensive.

Is it worth that? I want the most robustly built most reliable card. Not caring about slight performance variations. 

No, not worth it. All 1650 Super cards will perform roughly the same, and differences in cooler/VRM are minor and won't make much of a difference.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

9 minutes ago, Morty77 said:

Hi all,

I have two choices 

Asus tuf 1650 super 

Gigabyte 1650 super windforce

Asus one is about 10% more expensive.

Is it worth that? I want the most robustly built most reliable card. Not caring about slight performance variations. 

The same thing so  pick gigabyte unless you dont like gigabyte or are a huge fan of ASUS

Blake has arrived!!

Just your local tech geek!

Love to help!

Already bought the Asus :p 

thank you for the opinions though.

that space grade lubricant ,double ball bearing fans, IP 5 dust resistance and overall Asus fit and finish bought me. I hope it lives longer XD 

3 hours ago, Morty77 said:

Asus one is about 10% more expensive. Is it worth that? I want the most robustly built most reliable card.

Already bought the Asus ?

thank you for the opinions though.

that space grade lubricant ,double ball bearing fans, IP 5 dust resistance and overall Asus fit and finish bought me. I hope it lives longer XD 

Then don't buy the cheapest version one can buy, get something like FTW3 or Nitro+. It's like buying a Chevrolet Matiz because the Chevrolet Camaro(2019) is reliable.

Snake oil and ball bearing doesn't mean that Asus didnt use cheap or knock off components. Buy yeah, the more you buy, the more you save.

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu