What is missing off the PCB? TUF z390- pro gaming

Hi

Going through some cystomer returns to see if anything can be fixed. 

Checked on the pics of the motherboard and there seemed to be transistors above the pcie slot that are now gone.

Before I do any further testing it would be good to have those back on.

Can anyone tell me please what can be soldered on there and where to get these from please?

I'd like to try and fix this board

20200310_234543.jpg

You want someone with identical motherboard to take a picture of high quality to determine exact parts.

So far we have a picture of solder points. They look factory as if someone did Not remove them or they did a spectacular job doing so.

Are you sure these missing chips are preventing operation of the board??

Only looked at pictures of another brand new model and those are in place.

Not checked it yet.

These are PCIe muxes... typically used to remap PCIe lanes between slots.

It looks like a manufacturing defect where they were never installed since there are no traces of removal.

You'll need to find high enough resolution images of the board (or look at another one) to see what type they are, then search for those.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Quick Google shows images with components differing from your sample. I'd agree with the posters above me at a manufacturing defect vs foul play.

RTV that board

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

They'll usually use the same ICs between motherboards in the same series (z390 in your case).

And yeah, those chips are pci-e muxers or splitters, maybe to allow splitting of x16 to 2x8 or  x8+x4+x4

The board is probably usable with video card running from pci-e slot connected to chipset.

Those chips didn't break or fall off.. they were either desoldered by someone on purpose or never installed.

59 minutes ago, mariushm said:

The board is probably usable with video card running from pci-e slot connected to chipset.

If he can get it to boot it would be interesting to see what the BIOS or GPU-Z reports as the link, I'd expect it to be running at x8 only (first 8 would go straight to the slot, but the other 8 would go through the missing chips).

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

they were either desoldered by someone on purpose

They would have had to put serious efforts for the board to come out perfectly clean with no flux or other residues at all...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Thank you guys, I will try to boot the board tomorrow and report back. 

1 hour ago, razorrad said:

Thank you guys, I will try to boot the board tomorrow and report back. 

Good. Be sure to give the cmos a real nice clearing before post. ;)

It is powering on but the ex debug led stops in dram and switches off. Any suggestions?

Obviously tried other slots and sticks for the memory