⚠️ A NEW FOE HAS APPEARED ⚠️ - Honeywell claims it has the most powerful quantum computer

rcmaehl

Source:

CNN

Honeywell

Technology Review (Quote source)

Summary:
Honeywell has rolled out it's own quantum computer among giants Google and IBM, claiming it to be the best among existing quantum computers.

Media:
image.thumb.png.91d7d7da2e32c89223a0cf2629792993.png

Quotes/Excerpts:

Honeywell, a...company best known for its home thermostats,...announced that it has built the world’s most powerful quantum computer. Honeywell has been working quietly on quantum tech that it plans to make available to clients via the internet in the next three months. Most quantum computers, including those being developed by IBM and Google, are built around superconducting qubits, which use supercooled circuits. Honeywell...uses a different technology, called ion traps, which hold ions—the computer’s qubits—in place with electromagnetic fields. Superconducting quantum chips are faster, but ion traps are more accurate and hold their quantum state for longer. Honeywell also says it can hit pause on a quantum computation, read off the state of a qubit, and then restart the computation down a different path depending on the result. The firm claims its computer will be twice as powerful as IBM’s machine, Q System One, when it launches, although that particular claim is likely to be contested. Honeywell also has partnerships with JPMorgan Chase and Microsoft, which will provide quantum computing algorithms and general computing know-how. Honeywell might seem like an outsider in this space, but it is a massive company with a wealth of industrial expertise that goes well beyond thermostats, especially in many high-precision sectors such as defense and aerospace. Its experience working with vacuums and cryogenics is likely to have played a big part in its efforts to build a quantum computer, which draws on many more areas of engineering than a regular computer. This suggests the smart money for next-gen quantum tech should be on industrial conglomerates like Honeywell just as much as on traditional tech giants like IBM and Google. 

My Thoughts:

If you had asked me to name 20 companies I thought would develop a quantum computer just a few hours ago, the list would have been drastically different and Honeywell wouldn't even have been thought of. If true, this may be an indicator of things to come as tech companies may be fighting an uphill battle of learning technologies other huge manufacturing brands have years of experience in. Who do you think will be next to join the quantum computer race?

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Just now, rcmaehl said:

Who do you think will be next to join the quantum computer race?

Hell if I know? Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts could be working on a super computer for all I know at this point.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I like how everyone forgets all the different things Honeywell makes. I'm not completely surprised given how much defense money they get.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Next, gaming company announced quantum computer.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Oh shit nice.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

and is i tlike double confirmed?

as i would say if this is true this would be world news

currently rocking 

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 32 GB of corsair vengeance RGB ram and hoping to get my 6800XT soon!!!!

17 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Hell if I know? Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts could be working on a super computer for all I know at this point.

rick-and-morty.jpg

We sell a lot of Honeywell products where I work, and trust me, they can't even ship their devices with the correct firmware, so I'm not too confident with their super computer.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Not surprised honestly, Honeywell make a tonne of tech. A lot of mines, oil, gas, manufacturing, etc, run on Honeywell gear for sensory equipment and use their process historian database software - it’s super expensive critical gear. We have an important piece of Honeywell gear go down at one of our sites and we can be losing millions of dollars. They’re a $110B company... bigger than IBM.

“My not yet good for anything still in early research type of computer is ever so slightly more powerful than yours”. It’s good that more people are looking at it.  I understand when the things reach 128 bits they might actually be good for something.  I await that day.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I'm sure Disney will be next; forget about our Computer Overlords, what about our Rodent Overlord?

3 minutes ago, Mope El Two said:

I'm sure Disney will be next; forget about our Computer Overlords, what about our Rodent Overlord?

I mean they supposedly have the best experience in Cryogenics, decades ahead of others ?

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

44 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Next, gaming company announced quantum computer.

You don't think NVidia could roll out a serious contender currently?

Retask Geforce Now. Done. (not exactly but you know what I mean)

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

Honeywell makes the infrastructure for the US aircraft carriers. With that kind of money coming in, I wouldn't be surprised they're working on quantum computing. Good for them.

Remember when Honeywell released details of achieving quantum supremacy before IBM and Google?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

But_Pepperidge_Farm_aint_just_gonna_keep_it_to_Pepperidge__5c6a319f9b808bca3f929f02bc45f1b8.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance 3600Mhz PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 4TB Samsung EVO SSD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB

3 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

I like how everyone forgets all the different things Honeywell makes. I'm not completely surprised given how much defense money they get.

I agree, Honeywell has been around a very long time and has been involved with a ton of different things over time.

This really isn't suprising to me even though I too would have never had their name in the pot for such an endeavor.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

3 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

next week: Hershey's announces claim to world's best quantum computing CPU

I think Nestle will do it before them... They just have more chocolate.

5 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

Honeywell, a...company best known for its home thermostat

I don't know where they got that from. Honeywell is similar to Raytheon in terms of it being a general military and government technology contractor.

Here's a short list of Honeywell product interests:

• Small military Drones
  • Military and Commercial Flight Hardware, including FMCs
  • Weather Radars
  • Targeting Radars
  • Space craft on board GNC equipment
  • Bendix King general aviation equipment
  • Radiation hardened microprocessors
  • GNSS satellite MIMS systems
  • Military Helicopter Engines
  • Military Bomb and Missile Racks
  • Aircraft Auxiliary Power Units
  • A plethora of switches, joysticks, and sensors for general commercial, industrial, military, or spaceflight use

Honeywell is actually a software and computer hardware provider for the government and big industry at large. Honeywell Aerospace, Honeywell Defense, and BendixKing are their primary subsidiaries. Honeywells main competitors are Raytheon and Rockwell-Collins.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Honeywell had/has nuclear reactors and mainframes as well, so this is no surprise to me. They are a bit like GE. They make just about everything and you would never know it.

Huh. Like many others, Honeywell even being in the Quantum computer "race" is a surprise to me.

But hey, if they can help push Quantum PC advancement further, I'm all for it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

Huh. Like many others, Honeywell even being in the Quantum computer "race" is a surprise to me.

Why is that a surprise?

Honeywell's primary business is as a software and computer/electrical hardware provider mostly to the military, but also to aerospace and commercial industry at large. They are in the same space as Rockwell-Collins and Raytheon.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME