Batch converting audio files into video files?

Hello

I wanted to publish some(royalty free)music on my youtube channel, I got a few hundreds tracks that I cannot simply upload to youtube since they're mp3 files, not videos.

I know how to create a simple video with a static image and add an audio, but the process would be much faster if I knew a way to batch processing multiple mp3 files into separate simple video files with a background image(and I don't particularly care about that either even a 320x240 black screen will do), any help would be greatly appreciated ~

you could just set up a render que which will render them all at once and only need to change the audio track in a video editor

Uhmm,that's actually not a bad idea...

Edit:

Well, I still have to manually set each video's duration accordingly to the corresponding audio track, it's still not very automated.

Look into FFmpeg. It's command line solution. I've researched it once before for similar issue.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Well I am really not a tech users so anything without an user interface send me running.

Anyway, for now I found the fastest solution so far is the following:

- Get a cover for the music(any JPG/PNG file),better if it's relevant to the actual music

- Make a 30 seconds long video with a free video editor(I use HitFilm express)

- Use AviDemux to copy + paste the 30 seconds clip until you get the desired duration - I base this duration on the longest music file I've got to process(Like, 6 minutes and 7 seconds) - I'll call this the"basefile"

(Extra notes:

Using AviDemux to extend the duration of the clip is way faster than rendering it from the get-go as there's no re-encoding involved with AviDemux)

- Open the basefile AviDemux again(or just keep it open from the previous step)

- Take note of the music file's length you want to use(just have the windows explorer window next to it)

- Cut the base file to match the duration of the audio file - save that copy separately(I'll call this the blank file)

- Get MKVtoolNix(Also free software), smash the blank file with the corresponding audio file to make a single MKV video file out of the two

(Extra notes:

Just like AviDemux, there's no rendering/encoding going on with MKVtoolnix - it simply compile / mix audio and video sources together into a single mkv file - it's a lossless AND very fast process)

- Rename the resulting file accordingly

-  Back to AviDemux - press CTRL+Z a couple of time to undo the cut, so you're back to your basefile

- Repeat the step for every remaining audio files

It would be nice if the whole process could be faster tho :V

19 hours ago, Alyssa390 said:

Well I am really not a tech users so anything without an user interface send me running.

The commands needed are easy to find. Though you need to convert music files to AAC first to make sure they will play correctly. You can do batch music file conversion with Foobar2k for example.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25381086/convert-mp3-video-with-static-image-ffmpeg-libav-bash

19 hours ago, Alyssa390 said:

It would be nice if the whole process could be faster tho :V

Using single Davinci Resolve project I could probably do one file in few minutes. Plus setting up project + rendering time.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 3/10/2020 at 11:39 AM, LogicalDrm said:

Look into FFmpeg. It's command line solution. I've researched it once before for similar issue.

Agreed. And if command line is too difficult, use "Axiom GUI", its a user interface for FFMPEG. Best software I have ever used to convert media.