Gaming PC for around €1,250 (mainly Cities: Skylines and Civilization VI)

Hi guys,

I'm looking into building my first ever desktop pc and would like some feedback for some more experienced people. I attach my PCPartPicker list below, my "store of preference" would be the German amazon, but anything with decent shipping to Germany would also work. I also list the answer the "required info" questions below:

1. Budget & Location

Around € 1,250 in Germany

2. Aim

Play games like Cities: Skylines and Civilization VI for now. If Bethesda releases their the new Elder Scrolls or Bioware releases the new Dragon Ago I would also like to play it on day 1 though.

3. Monitors

I have a 1080p 60Hz Samsung monitor for now. 

4. Peripherals

I think I would still need to purchase a copy of Windows. Any tips on that?  I also couldn't care any less about RGB or any of that. I would like to have it look professional if anything. Performance, reliability and warranty support >> aesthetics.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I have a rather dated laptop at the moment (Intel i7-4500U, Nvidia 745m) which still works relatively well, but not for gaming. I also do not really need a laptop anymore (have one from work if I need something mobile), so can invest in a desktop now.

PS: For the case I picked the P400S because I just love how it looks, I am aware of the airflow issues, but really don't like how the P400A looks. If you have any other suggestions for the case, feel free to drop it below.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X - Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX - Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2070 Super - G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 C16 @3600 MHz - ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB - Corsair SF 600W 80+ Platinum - Cooler Master MasterBox NR200P White

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€176.50 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports ONE (Black/Yellow) CPU Cooler  (€17.98 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€92.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€74.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€111.85 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€63.75 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB EX (1-Click OC) Video Card  (€517.99 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-DELTA RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  (€69.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex III Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€85.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €1211.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-08 15:48 CET+0100

you can get windows from ebay for a few euros.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

I don't think you need 32GB RAM just for those games. 16GB is fine.

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

On 3/8/2020 at 3:41 PM, Ralf said:

Thank you for your reply Ralf!

Thank you for spotting the better deals for the storage and graphics card. However, I don't really understand why you changed the power supply though. Any reason in particular?

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X - Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX - Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2070 Super - G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 C16 @3600 MHz - ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB - Corsair SF 600W 80+ Platinum - Cooler Master MasterBox NR200P White

On 3/8/2020 at 3:49 PM, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€176.50 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 33 eSports ONE (Black/Yellow) CPU Cooler  (€17.98 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€92.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€74.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€111.85 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€63.75 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB EX (1-Click OC) Video Card  (€517.99 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-DELTA RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  (€69.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex III Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€85.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €1211.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-08 15:48 CET+0100

you can get windows from ebay for a few euros.

Thanks for you reply Herman!

I see that you changed a couple of things and I am trying to understand why. 

1) I see you switched the MB from the Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE to the MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX, any reason in particular?

2) Never heard of KFA2 as a graphics card manufacturer tbh, do you have any personal experience?

3) The case is a bit too "gamery" for my taste, but if you have any other suggestions I am all ears.

4) I see that you also switched out the PSU to a Super Flower, also never heard of them. Good experiences with them?

Thanks!

On 3/8/2020 at 3:55 PM, Xiee said:

I don't think you need 32GB RAM just for those games. 16GB is fine.

As soon as you start adding mods to Cities Skylines you breach 16GB easily ?

44 minutes ago, Lord Blue of Screenshire said:

Thanks for you reply Herman!

I see that you changed a couple of things and I am trying to understand why. 

1) I see you switched the MB from the Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE to the MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX, any reason in particular?

2) Never heard of KFA2 as a graphics card manufacturer tbh, do you have any personal experience?

3) The case is a bit too "gamery" for my taste, but if you have any other suggestions I am all ears.

4) I see that you also switched out the PSU to a Super Flower, also never heard of them. Good experiences with them?

Thanks!

1) The MAX series boards have BIOS ready for Zen 2 straight out of the box. The Aorus will require you to get your hands on an older Ryzen chip to update the BIOS before you can use the 3600 in it.

• See also that our Motherboard Tier List suggests that the power delivery and VRM cooling is better on the A-Pro MAX than on the Aorus Elite.

2) I've never personally owned a KFA2 cooler, however they are a recognized brand. They even have high end units to compete with the big boys. This 1-Click OC cooler is about equivalent to the lower end Dual Evo OC you've got on your build. I assume he utilized this, since it's about the same quality for a lower cost. The windforce unit in other builds is about the same as well.

• Our GPU Tier List should give a general idea to build quality, so the you can compare approximate quality to unit price.

3) This will fall largely to your personal taste. There are obvious things you want in a case, like airflow and cable management. Most of these cases with a solid front have some kind of top and bottom vents to let air in, but none are as good as a mesh faced case.

• Cougar MX-330(G, X are optional variants), Fractal Design Meshify C, Focus G (lacks PSU cage), Coolermaster H500 - are all options with really good airflow. 
    Note that any RGB fans can always have the color turned off and just be black fans.

4) According to our PSU Tier List the Super Flower Leadex Gold is a Tier A unit. (You can see in the drop downs how the tiers are determined.) For the listed price, I'd say that's a big yes.