Kinda worrying honestly!!! HELP

ItzUknown

I was helping a friend with his computer and I "benchmarked" his temps, by playing the "hardest" game to run on his PC .Opening Battlefield 1 was normal just like my PC ,playing was the same (I set his game to Ultra settings). He has a GTX 1660 Super from Palit with 1 fan only . Afterburner showed that the card went up to 1560 MHz and reached 47 deegres while playing for ~10 minutes. My card on the other hand is an RTX 2060 Super from Zotac (AMP edition 1980MHz max) reaches on the ultra settings preset 80 - 83 Celsius. Is this normal? I know that I have wrote about this matter a lot of times , but I am generally concerned. Tell me what is going on!!!

Thanks!!!!

I used to have a poorly ventilated case and my 970 went to 85°C, it ran fine all these years. I recently upgraded my whole PC and kept my old GPU, switched out everything else though. With a mesh front panel I get much better airflow, the temperatures went down to 60°C.

In general your card will put out more heat than your friends card, since it is using more power, clocks higher, etc.

And again, this again calls for undervolting :) 

and of course, a custom fan curve.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

12 minutes ago, merco said:

I used to have a poorly ventilated case and my 970 went to 85°C, it ran fine all these years. I recently upgraded my whole PC and kept my old GPU, switched out everything else though. With a mesh front panel I get much better airflow, the temperatures went down to 60°C.

In general your card will put out more heat than your friends card, since it is using more power, clocks higher, etc.

Well my case is a corsair 280x but with no fans on the front , so I might just have to get some of those

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Zotac cards, in my experience, want you to use firestorm to set a fan curve.   Temps are based on the silicon lottery, but 85+C is far more concerning as 88c is thermal throttle.

I use Afterburner but I could try Firestorm

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Either would work, but ya Zotac cards have crappy auto features.

The auto fan curve is really really bad. But with MSI afterburner and the fan curve set to something normal , its not bad

18 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

Well my case is a corsair 280x

I have no experience with matx cases, but from what I have read people often use blower style cards because of the small air volume inside the case. It should work with other style as well but I think you got to really think about your airflow. In general hot air will rise up so you should almost always intake front/down and exhaust top/rear. 

So your case is kinda special since you said no rear exhaust. I don't know what cooler you use, but I read this from someone on reddit that uses the case:

Top 2x exhaust

Bottom 2x intake

Front 1x intake on the lower slot so it cools the backplate of your GPU (this is because you have a 120mm rad on your CPU)

If you are using a tower cooler I would suggest 1x intake from the top slot on the front to blow cool air into the intake fan on your tower cooler.

21 hours ago, ItzUknown said:

Well my case is a corsair 280x but with no fans on the front , so I might just have to get some of those

Absolutely.  Looks like depending on your configuration you could go 2x120 or 2x140 on the front of your case.

One thing you can do is test your thermals with your side panel off - if your thermals improve you need better fans.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Crystal-Series-280X-RGB/p/CC-9011137-WW

On 3/8/2020 at 7:54 PM, PotatoDave said:

Absolutely.  Looks like depending on your configuration you could go 2x120 or 2x140 on the front of your case.

One thing you can do is test your thermals with your side panel off - if your thermals improve you need better fans.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Crystal-Series-280X-RGB/p/CC-9011137-WW

Huh, I will try to play with the panel on and off and I've beed thinking of having all 120s bottom and front intakes and top exhausts

On 3/8/2020 at 4:53 PM, merco said:

I have no experience with matx cases, but from what I have read people often use blower style cards because of the small air volume inside the case. It should work with other style as well but I think you got to really think about your airflow. In general hot air will rise up so you should almost always intake front/down and exhaust top/rear. 

So your case is kinda special since you said no rear exhaust. I don't know what cooler you use, but I read this from someone on reddit that uses the case:

I am using a cryorig h7 and also funny enough, I've been thinking about thr same configuration as well