Compromised build for amateur video production and CAD workloads

Lemonage

Good day! I'm in a bit of a conundrum here as I was planning to build my first PC from the ground up by the end of April. Unfortunately, with the expected increase in part prices or at least that's what I've been hearing, I'm pretty much forced to make the purchase months earlier before I can meet the expected budget for my ideal build since I'm in need of a PC for work(amateur-level video production and CAD for the most part) this coming May. I also intend it to be upgradeable into a decent gaming PC down the line.

Would love to hear if my components will suffice for moderate workloads. Here are the intended parts followed by the original parts that I wanted to get:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 - $127; Was hoping to get either a 3600 or 2600x for $219 and $164 respectively. But if the performance differences are marginal, I might just stick with the 2600.

Mobo: MSI B450M Pro VDH - $83

Memory: T-Force Vulcan DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz - $79; Originally wanted to get a 4x8 bundle.

PSU: Cooler Master MWE 550w White V2 - $51

Storage: Gigabyte NVMe 512GB - $65; On sale, and apparently almost as cheap if not cheaper than the available 2.5" SSDs of the same capacity

Case: Tecware Edge Midtower - $34

GPU: RX 580 4GB(Used) - $78; Originally wanted the PC to double as a decent gaming rig so I wanted a GTX 1660 Super or RX 5600 XT but they're priced at $229 and $329 respectively which I can't afford right now. Worst case if I can't meet the budget is a pre-owned, and by the looks of it, unbranded GT 630 that came with my old pre-built. This is so I can just get a working display while I save up for the better cards.

Lastly and an important question in case I'm gonna have to stick with the old GT 630 for a while, will an ancient component like that be compatible with the other parts I have listed? Last thing I want is having bought stuff that I wouldn't be able to use for weeks 'coz I don't have a working GPU to stick in it lol. 

Thanks in advance!

can you afford this? can you give us a max budget?

6 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

can you afford this? can you give us a max budget?

I'm only at $550 currently. Unfortunately, I can only get parts locally coz buying from Amazon, Newegg, etc. entails about +20% to 35% cost for int'l shipping and tax.

Originally intended to have around 700-800 dollar budget but I'm pretty much forced to buy stuff early. Lol.

Just now, Lemonage said:

I'm only at $550 currently. Unfortunately, I can only get parts locally coz buying from Amazon, Newegg, etc. entails about +20% to 35% cost for int'l shipping and tax.

what's your country and local currency then?

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

what's your country and local currency then?

Philippines. Philippine peso.

22 minutes ago, Lemonage said:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 - $127

good enough. maybe see how much a 2700x is, shouldn't be much more, or try to find it used.

Mobo: MSI B450M Pro VDH - $83

good

Memory: T-Force Vulcan DDR4 2x8GB 3200MHz - $79; Originally wanted to get a 4x8 bundle.

2x8 or 2x 16, 4x8 isn't great.

PSU: Cooler Master MWE 550w White V2 - $51

try to find a bronze unit

23 minutes ago, Lemonage said:

Storage: Gigabyte NVMe 512GB - $65; On sale, and apparently almost as cheap if not cheaper than the available 2.5" SSDs of the same capacity

Case: Tecware Edge Midtower - $34

good

23 minutes ago, Lemonage said:

GPU: RX 580 4GB(Used) - $78;

good price. go for this and hold off with the upgrade until nvidia 3000 series drops, there should be a flood of second hand 2060's and 1660's then on the market.

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

2x8 or 2x 16, 4x8 isn't great.

good price. go for this and hold off with the upgrade until nvidia 3000 series drops, there should be a flood of second hand 2060's and 1660's then on the market.

Will the 2x8 still suffice for my workload? The cheapest 2x16 I can find is priced at almost $200 so that's not an option for me currently.

Thanks for the input and tips!

12 minutes ago, Lemonage said:

Will the 2x8 still suffice for my workload? The cheapest 2x16 I can find is priced at almost $200 so that's not an option for me currently.

Thanks for the input and tips!

unless you do 4k video editing, it should be fine.