Is LOW HDD Space Bad for my PC?? 2 HDD with only 9gb and another with 4gb both out of 1TB

WolfLoverPro
7 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

I have 2 1tb hdd that are basically run out one has 9gb other had 4gb

I only run games off them so does it matter? ssd for windows

Loading the games will be slower on a more filled up drive, but if the current load times don't bother you, there is no issues

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I could see there being issues if any of the games installed to those drives requires an update. Could get a 5gb patch for a game that can't be downloaded/extracted/installed due to insufficient space.

Plus the obvious issue of not being able to install any new games.

Simple and free solution would be to just uninstall some games that you don't play to free up some space.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

It's the old excuse of parents, "you have so many games installed, the computer is slow". Reality is, you can have entire disk filled with games and it wouldn't make any difference with speed. Or health of computer. Only SSD's are slightly affected if they are filled all the time as they have hard time wear leveling, but other than that, no issues. And this doesn't even apply to old HDD's.

It can be fine for the most part, for games that tend to update regularly can become messy since disk will have to allocate space and move around and re arrange more and can take longer. It's advisable to have around 15% or so free space. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |