(Update 3/15) 6+ confirmed coronavirus cases found at Samsung, LG Display & SK Hynix factories

Pretty sure this is the end of the world. I mean with no more Samsung phones for a while ;)

19 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Its painkillers and hand sanitizer here in the UK, oh and dried pasta (which makes no sense since if you're sick with a flu the last thing you want to eat is pasta ?).

its yes over here in australia

✨FNIGE✨

17 hours ago, willies leg said:

Pretty sure this is the end of the world. I mean with no more Samsung phones for a while ;)

Currently 3.5 % of infections are fatal and most of these being over 70 with underlying health issues or health workers who are getting a higher than normal dose of the virus.

WHO have upgraded covid19 to a pandemic.

Just to show how fast this thing is spreading, yesterday there were 3700 new cases and today so far there are 5700 new cases bringing the total to over 122 k

Current Infection rates seem to suggest upto 80% of the population will be infected.

This isn't a "bad flu" is this a new SARS/MERS virus and its going to be bad.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

On 3/4/2020 at 11:12 AM, Loote said:

But this virus is not limited to south Asia, there are many infected in Italy, Iran, Germany, France and Spain and unless we get a month without new infections, I believe it'll continue spreading. From what I read about the US, it isn't going to be in a great situation either. At some point we might be forced to apply countermeasures that will have great impact on everything, just what China's doing.

It's even in Balkan peninsula.. Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia all 3 of them have confirmed cases. Here in Bosnia all work/schools and public meeting is banned for 3 weeks

edit: Also, the crossborder is closed

the way it's spreading & the window period for symptoms to show & on top the asshat of people deliberately trying to spread it. it's no surprise to me . You should expect it to hit everywhere by this time.

Details separate people.

1 hour ago, vorticalbox said:

Currently 3.5 % of infections are fatal and most of these being over 70 with underlying health issues or health workers who are getting a higher than normal dose of the virus.

WHO have upgraded covid19 to a pandemic.

Just to show how fast this thing is spreading, yesterday there were 3700 new cases and today so far there are 5700 new cases bringing the total to over 122 k

Current Infection rates seem to suggest upto 80% of the population will be infected.

This isn't a "bad flu" is this a new SARS/MERS virus and its going to be bad.

I don't know where you got this from but almost all of it is incorrect.

As of 6pm Today (UTC) there are 121,977 confirmed cases of COVID19, this number includes all current active cases, all confirmed recoveries and all deaths. There have been somewhere between 3000 & 3100 new cases confirmed today (worldwide) and there have been somewhere between 1800 & 1900 confirmed recoveries today. Out of the 121,977 total cases there have been 4386 confirmed deaths worldwide and 66702 confirmed recoveries worldwide.

Source - https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Total mortality rate means nothing because it includes countries that basically have no health care systems in place at all, places like Iran where people are literally dying on the pavement because there are no doctors to treat them. Also China spent almost 2 weeks denying anything was wrong before they took it seriously which didn't help their mortality rate.

80% infection rate was a number used by Bo Jo, the key missing part was he actually said "up to 80%" and went on to very clearly say thats an absolute worse case. As long as people heed the advice given to them we can drop that down.

Finally theres no such thing as a SARS virus, SARS (Severe Accute Respiritory Syndrome) is a disease caused by a viral infection of the chest and lungs. Viruses are often named after the disease they cause, the fact the Virus is called SARS-COV2 does not make it a SARS Virus, it makes it a Virus thats called SARS. Fun Fact: COVID19 actually stands for Corona Virus Disease 2019.

Edit - On that last point though I will concede that the original SARS virus and this new virus are from the exact same species of virus (which is why they both cause the same disease). I don't know if that makes them related or not though, I'm no virologist.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

14 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

snip

website i'm using to track is https://covid19info.live/

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´