Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New build almost complete

Got my build almost complete.  Still have some cable management to do, and I need to get a couple more case fans. 

I plan on an AIO for the CPU in a month or two.

20200228_195232.thumb.jpg.c9cb7029418cb501986ebf3158c35bc4.jpg

Sorry that the picture does not look that great.  My phone sucks at pictures anymore.

Parts list is in my Sig.

I ran valley and heaven for about 10 minutes and GPU did not go above 65c, so I think I might be okay on that one, but still think I need a couple fans for the front.

| CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E | RAM: Trident Z Neo 32GB(2x16) 3600 | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil RX 5700 XT | Storage: Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2 | Storage: 2TB Seagate 7200RPM  | Case: Lian Li 011 Dynamic PCMR | PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G5 80+ Gold| Display: Pixio PX7 Prime |

Did some quick stock benchmarks.

I think it looks pretty good.

Did change my memory speed

1605834295_DiskBenchmark.png.6622f9d607af652cec63bd0ca6238d6b.png

610187231_ValleyBenchmark.png.f5a5ede871149d4747cc514edb61c780.png1341644965_CinebenchR20.png.5f1c25cc84164324d4f4a9feab09952a.png188468789_MemoryMark.png.54a2f57c40b23647206e0b125d22de8c.png

| CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E | RAM: Trident Z Neo 32GB(2x16) 3600 | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil RX 5700 XT | Storage: Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2 | Storage: 2TB Seagate 7200RPM  | Case: Lian Li 011 Dynamic PCMR | PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G5 80+ Gold| Display: Pixio PX7 Prime |

Hi there my friend. So this was interesting to look at with your benchmarks. I also just completed a 3900x build with 32gb and ram but am getting a stock Cenibench20 score between 7200 and 7400 depending on how I setup the heatsink. Honestly the only notable difference in our componet list is the GPU where I went with a 2070super. But Cinebench does not appear to pull any load from the GPU when I run the score. I wonder why you are 200 points lower? I will say that I do run a Nactua NH-D15 heatsink instead of the stock AMD. I also have casefans and am running a ton of different fan configurations to see what results I get but am finding that the heatsink is the most important factor above all. Spending $100 on a really good heatsink might bring your CPU up to where it should be. The reason for this is because you'll get more boost results from the better heatsink. 

Just for run I ran my heatsink with no fans at all and got 6599. I then ran it with with both included fans directed inwards towards the center of the heatsink and got a 7404 score. With just the heatsink in a closed Fractal Design Mehify S2 case and no case fans I have been able to get a stable manual clock of 4400 which got me a score of 7725 running Cinebench on a 30min loop to test stability of the clock. No amount of extra air cooling has allowed me to go higher for 30min runs. I got over 7800 once but could only get that on single runs of the benchmark.

I plan on testing liquid metal to see if I can get better heat transfer to the heatsink and get that temp just a little lower. If I could run 7800 scores over 30min then I would be happy. 

Its fun to run the benchmarks and see how high you can get them but overall its not how to run the computer for every day use. 

I do like to use the benchmarks to tell me if I have my cooling setup in the most effecient manner and that how allowed me to run the highest score without messing with the cpu settings for my every day use.

So in conclusion. Heatsink might be more important then case fans IMO.

I plan on another CPU cooling plan later on, but I know if I spend anymore on this thing in the next month, I might end up sleeping on the couch. :)

So I shall wait on that. That will get me an AIO for the CPU and add a couple fans with that to the front of the case.

I also need to add a bracket to the GPU, you can tell it the corner sits a little lower then the rest of the card does.

I was worried about this build, I have not built a computer in about 15 years, kind of feel out of it for awhile, still does some repairs and upgrades, but did not build one from nothing in that time.  I was really happy when I posted first time I turned it on, and have only had minor issues, like when installing drivers. 

Now I have that PC building bug again, so I just might go broke this year.

I do a ways to go, I have only turned up the memory so far.  I will probably do some tuning later, but was thinking of leaving it pretty stock until I get some more airflow and that AIO.  I do have the 2 case fans that came with my case, most of the time the top one blows out coolish air, while the back one it can get a little warm, but not much. 

I ran the valley benchmark 4 times in row, and my GPU current temp never got above 77C. 

I like this case, was pretty easy to build in, but I did make one mistake. I meant to plug in the cpu power to the board before mounting it, I forgot, those are a pain to get into place with the motherboard mounted in the case.

Thanks for your feedback, helps to get someone else's perspective when trying to decide how to get a little more performance