4 pin rgb pinout corsair sp120 fans

tophercrunch
Go to solution Solved by tophercrunch,
On 2/26/2020 at 2:14 AM, LogicalDrm said:

That would mean it's ARGB/DRGB. Since standard 4pin is 12V, G, R, B.

I just ended up ordering the corsair hub and controller. Didn't want to dick around with frankensteining the rgb connector.

17 minutes ago, tophercrunch said:

Does anyone know what the pinout to the rgb 4 pin connector is ??

If you're talking about normal R/G/B LED strips, it'll usually be one ground pin per color with a common 12v connector. These systems are operated just by the voltage switching to each pin to activate colors.

If it's a custom control scheme like Aura sync, they're usually one 12v pin, one ground pin, and one "Program" pin that assigns colors to all LEDs using some logic in each LED and PWM (iirc) from the controller to assign color, brightness, or any patterns that are happening on the strip.  

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

3 minutes ago, BrinkGG said:

If you're talking about normal R/G/B LED strips, it'll usually be one ground pin per color with a common 12v connector. These systems are operated just by the voltage switching to each pin to activate colors.

If it's a custom control scheme like Aura sync, they're usually one 12v pin, one ground pin, and one "Program" pin that assigns colors to all LEDs using some logic in each LED and PWM (iirc) from the controller to assign color, brightness, or any patterns that are happening on the strip.  

I found it on the back of the fan where the wires are connected so its ( - DI DO 5V ) 

11 hours ago, tophercrunch said:

I found it on the back of the fan where the wires are connected so its ( - DI DO 5V ) 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 2/26/2020 at 2:14 AM, LogicalDrm said:

I just ended up ordering the corsair hub and controller. Didn't want to dick around with frankensteining the rgb connector.

• 3 years later...

For anyone else wondering, the DI and DO cables on the sp120 can be combined to work with ( 5V D _ - ) ARGB headers.

On 2/25/2020 at 11:54 AM, tophercrunch said:

On 7/23/2023 at 4:17 AM, bert2me said:

For anyone else wondering, the DI and DO cables on the sp120 can be combined to work with ( 5V D _ - ) ARGB headers.

Was searching how to connect LL120 4pin argb to non corsair controller. 

I will be getting a non corsair controller which is powered from sata and has a 3 pin out male (Argb)

So can I connect LL120 4 pin female to 3 pin male out after combining DO and DI. This should work fine?

Thanks

I7 8700k @4.9ghz @1.27v , Asrock z370 Fatality, 1070 Ti Oc @150 core @450 Memory, 16 Gb corsair xmp