what load line level do i use for overclock

ok so i have an ASUS ROG Crosshair VII HERO alongside a ryzen 7 2700 and im trying to overclock. but im not sure what load line calibration level to use, my choices are from level 1-level 5. but im not sure what level to use? i tried level 2, but my vcore kept on fluctuating and dropping. i had vcore set a 136875 and cpu ratio set to 41.50 but vcore under 100% load dropped down to 1.30 and the system froze what level do i use so i can stress test for stability

for clarification to reach 4ghz stable on my old tomahawk board my cpu needed 1.368 and with proper load line set on the old board vcore never dropped past 1.367

You usually want to set it in the middle. With 5 levels, I wouldn't go above 3 with that voltage because there is a chance that your vcore could spike way over 1.4 and kill your chip. 

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

23 minutes ago, dreamcast4599 said:

ok so i have an ASUS ROG Crosshair VII HERO alongside a ryzen 7 2700 and im trying to overclock. but im not sure what load line calibration level to use, my choices are from level 1-level 5. but im not sure what level to use? i tried level 2, but my vcore kept on fluctuating and dropping. i had vcore set a 136875 and cpu ratio set to 41.50 but vcore under 100% load dropped down to 1.30 and the system froze what level do i use so i can stress test for stability

for clarification to reach 4ghz stable on my old tomahawk board my cpu needed 1.368 and with proper load line set on the old board vcore never dropped past 1.367

4.1ghz going to use around 1.40v. 

When I set multi to 41x the rest on auto, the board seems to run LLC lvl 4 at 1.3850 and at load will be about 1.410v. So when I manually clock the chip, I try to copy the boards actions.

Unfortunately, this is the point 2700 starts getting hot.

1.40v wont kill the chip, just keep the temps under 85c. 90c is throttle point on 2000 series.