Trap Town Youtube Bot - Scam?

LateLesley

Has anyone else noticed on YouTube, in the comments there's seems to always be a comment from Trap Town xyz ( which also seems to have several different accounts too, Trap Town NCS , SIC , HTC, Also seems to use Bass Town or Yetistic too). They are always generic crap, with "can we be friends" or similar usually in the comment. Some people have made videos saying its a scam of some sort.

Can we talk about this, and try and get YouTube to do something about them? I report any I see on videos I watch, but I think YouTube are dropping the ball here. I'd also like to know what the motivation is?

You think this shit is worthy of being tech news? (no offence)

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Well, I wasn't sure where to post it - And with it being YouTube...I dunno, maybe I'm wrong posting it here. But I thought it was worth talking about, and giving people a "heads up". 

Maybe a mod could move the topic somewhere more appropriate? 

Apologies.

It does look odd to say the least of it.
I've nothing against mention of such as a "Heads Up", in fact it's good to have the occasional reminder of such so you tend to keep this in mind when browsing and so on.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

• 2 weeks later...

i highly doubt this is an actual scam, considering that there has been videos on it for months and if there were any serious security loopholes, Google would have patched them or at the least notified people of the issue. I suspect that this is some clickbait bs, especially considering the thumbnails on the vids

Someone laid out how they did it, it was a social engineering scam of sorts, trying to get you to use their music in your own video's, saying you could use it royalty free, then they'd copyright claim it, to get revenue from it. So there was a mechanism for it, but it only really targeted creators.

I think most creators would have been suss to it, but you know how these scams go. They cast the net wide, and see what they catch. 

This is old old.  Back in the days of IRC there was a guy who wrote a script to check all the feeds for his name.  The thing is there was also a marker to check which person had read what article so it appeared that he read everything.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.