Wilder vs. Fury II

GreatnessRD

Anyone watching this boxing fight? If so, who you got? I like Fury, he's a great showman, but you can't count out Wilder. He just one of those down south all he know how to do is fight type people, lol.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

I was hoping Wilder would win.  The fight was thoroughly dominated by Tyson Fury.  All respect for him, the Gypsy King is for real. 

I was expecting to see more movement from Wilder.  He did bring an improved double pump jab, but I was disappointed, as I didn't see much more of a boxing improvement.

Power ofc only useful if you can land it.

ofc the talk of a rematch is already happening, but honestly I think Wilder should consider a couple of tune-up fights first, along with a better emphasis on ring generalship.

He'll have to get them in fast b/c Fury is planning to retire soon, he has said, but he's up for the rematch. 

2 hours ago, Sphincter said:

I was hoping Wilder would win.  The fight was thoroughly dominated by Tyson Fury.  All respect for him, the Gypsy King is for real. 

I was expecting to see more movement from Wilder.  He did bring an improved double pump jab, but I was disappointed, as I didn't see much more of a boxing improvement.

Power ofc only useful if you can land it.

ofc the talk of a rematch is already happening, but honestly I think Wilder should consider a couple of tune-up fights first, along with a better emphasis on ring generalship.

He'll have to get them in fast b/c Fury is planning to retire soon, he has said, but he's up for the rematch. 

I don't care who won since I like both fighters, but Wilder was pretty much outclassed by Fury this time around. (Who I thought also won the first fight, imo) I don't want to see them have a rematch. And no more tune up fights either, Fury and Joshua for the Undisputed Championship should be next. I want a real World Champion. Sick of everyone ducking each other. Make that fight happen asap.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

Wilder looked very out of place and out classed last night. Im also in the camp of thinking that Fury won the first fight but last night was very definitive. A rematch is not only not interesting but quite frankly currently its undeserved. Wilder has to get a definitive win or two before he gets another shot at Fury

2 hours ago, GreatnessRD said:

I don't care who won since I like both fighters, but Wilder was pretty much outclassed by Fury this time around. (Who I thought also won the first fight, imo) I don't want to see them have a rematch. And no more tune up fights either, Fury and Joshua for the Undisputed Championship should be next. I want a real World Champion. Sick of everyone ducking each other. Make that fight happen asap.

To be honest after seeing both Ruiz fights I have very little interest in seeing Fury v Joshua.

Joshuas appeal to me is dead.

I believe Wilder would have to show improvement, before a rematch is even warranted, so in that regard I agree.  I definitely would not pay for an immediate rematch as there's no reason.

There's basically nothing left for Fury to beat, I don't feel Joshua has a chance.  Not sure I would pay for that PPV either.

I had reasonable expectations for Wilder to improve his game, and he bluntly failed at that.

Just because I was routing for Wilder doesn't mean I didn't like Fury.   Just to clarify for you, GreatnessRD

3 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

To be honest after seeing both Ruiz fights I have very little interest in seeing Fury v Joshua.

Joshuas appeal to me is dead.

I just want to see an Undisputed Champ with all the belts, that's all.

2 hours ago, Sphincter said:

Just because I was routing for Wilder doesn't mean I didn't like Fury.   Just to clarify for you, GreatnessRD

I wasn't implying you were if that was what you took out my statement. My apologizes, I liked both of them too.

2 hours ago, greenmax said:

Are you guys talking about MMA real fighting, or not real boxing with lots of padding on the fists.

They're both WWE status now, so it doesn't even matter. Khabib da man, though.

2 hours ago, greenmax said:

Are you guys talking about MMA real fighting, or not real boxing with lots of padding on the fists.

You know the padding means nothing right? Its only there to protect your hand from breaking.

The amount of force you punch is the same on a boxing glove as an mma glove. Its actually better if your opponent has on MMA gloves since theres not as much protecting their hands and they cant throw as hard without breaking the hand.

So if you are implying the extra padding boxing gloves have means the punches are softer you are VERY wrong on that.

Also while MMA is closer to "real fighting" its not very close at all. In MMA theres no kneeing/kicking tot he head of a downed opponent, no 12-6 elbows, no hitting the spine/back of the head, no spiking someone on their head, cant hit the balls, etc.

In no way is MMA a good representative for a real fight because it has rules. In a real fight there are no rules and theres no such thing as a fair fight.

And I love MMA. Ive been to over a hundred UFC, Strikeforce, Bellator, KOTC, Invicta, EliteXC, and local cards over the past 15 years or so.

Real fighting is MMA, use legs, elbows, head. Boxing is fake, like wrestling is fake. In a real fight you use kicks and elbows and grapple on the ground, not stand up with padding on your fists. Get real. It takes skill, and I dont want to get in the ring with Tyson no way Jose.

Both MMA and Boxing are SPORTS which involve RULES. There is nothing wrong with that, not sure why this got steered into that direction of "real fighting". What a stupid thing to say.

13 hours ago, greenmax said:

Real fighting is MMA, use legs, elbows, head. Boxing is fake, like wrestling is fake. In a real fight you use kicks and elbows and grapple on the ground, not stand up with padding on your fists. Get real. It takes skill, and I dont want to get in the ring with Tyson no way Jose.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing

Yeah it's more than 2000 years old, so it's totally fake...

If anything boxing is more dangerous than MMA, the padding on boxing gloves was brought in to protect fighters' hands and then more padding was added to create more dramatic knock outs. Think before you type :)

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

16 hours ago, greenmax said:

You have padding in MMA as well....so not sure why you keep bringing that up.

Both MMA and Boxing takes skill. Its why MMA fighters dont go into boxing and win titles. And vice versa (although pro boxers like holly holm was a boxing champ who came in to mma and won the title in 3 fights...)

Again MMA is not real fighting. If youve ever been in a fight you would know that theres no tapping out, no stopping when your not defending yourself, theres biting, hits to the balls, shots to the back of the head, eye gouging, etc.

Whens the last street fight you saw where people fought for double underhooks? 

Your whole argument is just asinine. 

On 2/23/2020 at 10:44 PM, GreatnessRD said:

I just want to see an Undisputed Champ with all the belts, that's all.

I wasn't implying you were if that was what you took out my statement. My apologizes, I liked both of them too.

They're both WWE status now, so it doesn't even matter. Khabib da man, though.

Well looks like Wilder is enacted his rematch clause so that outs and end to the fight with Joshua for now.

3 hours ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing

Yeah it's more than 2000 years old, so it's totally fake...

If anything boxing is more dangerous than MMA, the padding on boxing gloves was brought in to protect fighters' hands and then more padding was added to create more dramatic knock outs. Think before you type :)

Boxing is 100% more dangerous.

There no denying that.

In MMA you dont get ten seconds to recover and take more damage when you are dropped. If you get dropped and stop defending yourself the fight is over. In boxing if you can stand up within 10 seconds and keep going.

Boxers take alot more damage then MMA fighters. 

1 hour ago, RonnieOP said:

Well looks like Wilder is enacted his rematch clause so that outs and end to the fight with Joshua for now.

I want Wilder to get knocked out in the first 10 seconds after that bullshit he spewed talking about his armor is the reason he got cooked. So I'm with it.

2 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

There no denying that.

In MMA you dont get ten seconds to recover and take more damage when you are dropped. If you get dropped and stop defending yourself the fight is over. In boxing if you can stand up within 10 seconds and keep going.

I agree with this... Way more blows to the head in boxing

20 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

There no denying that.

Agreed, i don't get what @greenmax was talking about lol

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s