Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for upgrade recomendation

About to be tax return season looking to upgrade my GPU. I have a freesync 144hz monitor and a 4GB Reference RX480 and id like more frames. My monitor is on the g sync list and I'm kind of leaning towards a card on team green.

I just find it so confusing, The 1660 1660TI and 2060 are fairly close in price, I am in Canada and the cheapest 2060 is around $410 and some 1660s are $360-380. I am noticing most of the nvidia cards are 1 year old now, should I be waiting for the next gen or is it safe to buy now. I don't mind a card from team red but I only have a single 8pin connector on my PSU (Evga 430w) and id rather not buy a new PSU and re cable manage.

Looking for the right choice here, what makes sense.I would like to spend under $450 but also value price to performance and don't mind spending less money.

15 minutes ago, ajhockey1 said:

About to be tax return season looking to upgrade my GPU. I have a freesync 144hz monitor and a 4GB Reference RX480 and id like more frames. My monitor is on the g sync list and I'm kind of leaning towards a card on team green.

I just find it so confusing, The 1660 1660TI and 2060 are fairly close in price, I am in Canada and the cheapest 2060 is around $410 and some 1660s are $360-380. I am noticing most of the nvidia cards are 1 year old now, should I be waiting for the next gen or is it safe to buy now. I don't mind a card from team red but I only have a single 8pin connector on my PSU (Evga 430w) and id rather not buy a new PSU and re cable manage.

Looking for the right choice here, what makes sense.I would like to spend under $450 but also value price to performance and don't mind spending less money.

A lot of people were waiting for the new cards to come out.  There was a standard “1 month from now” action by AMD yesterday.  The problem is the epidemic thing upends everything.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.