Android on Nintendo Switch is AMAZING.

nicklmg

Would it be possible to make it faster by replacing / jerryrigging another type of storage device on it?

image.png.84769604e75417d32ab8797cd8dfc6a8.png

Someone forgot to do the description.

Here's some useful links:

XDA Thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-news-guides-discussion--development/rom-switchroot-lineageos-15-1-t3951389

Switchroot Discord (read the rules dummy): https://discord.gg/9d66FYg

Switchroot website: https://switchroot.org/

Gitlab: https://gitlab.com/switchroot

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Absolutely thrilled to see the awesome work of CTCaer (Hekate) and the entire Switchroot team being put up on display from such a big channel. There is a few more things you can also do with this such as:

• Running Ubuntu
  • Running Lakka (RetroArch on top of Linux)
  • Running Atmosphere (A custom firmware made by team Reswitched)

I'm a member of team AtlasNX. (Our guide is actually linked inside the XDA forum post.) We mainly write homebrew to enhance the custom firmware experience and create a bundle called Kosmos that comes with Hekate, Atmosphere, and some must have homebrew. Not sure if I'm allowed to post our Discord on here, but if anyone needs any help setting up your Switch our community is super helpful and friendly. (We do not support or condone piracy of any kind, so if you are looking for help with that you will have to look elsewhere.)

Which video is this? Title of the video or link to the video please.

@nicklmg

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

5 minutes ago, mythmashofficial said:

I was watching one of LTT's videos and saw this..

Also I wasn't sure where I should put this so I put it here..

Thanks for pointing this out. I've merged this in with the relevant video discussion topic.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, mythmashofficial said:

Android on Nintendo Switch YT 2 MATCH 60 75 

Sorry I'm on a phone

Can't wait to watch the latest video, banging title & description guys ;)

2020_02_22_23.04.03.jpg

2020_02_22_23.03.52.jpg

2020_02_22_23.04.09.jpg

2020_02_22_23.04.06.jpg

2020_02_22_23.02.41.jpg

I feel like this is partly a YouTube side issue. Because it appears correctly in the recommendation feed

2020_02_22_23.15.06.jpg

Nintendo takedown in 3, 2, 1.....

I've owned all home consoles because of their IP. The Switch is the first console i've passed because of the arrogant, out dated and straight out childish way Nintendo has been behaving. C'mon, is Nintendo still living in the 80's? If you say something we don't like we'll send our expensive lawyers after you and silence you because even if you have every right todo what you're doing, you won't have the money to fight us so just shut up!

Ok, an argument can be made for live streaming their games, is it derivative? Is adding your gameplay, commentary and personality to it enough to make it unique? I don't know. But hitting critics who show gameplay footage with DMCA notices? And again, if you don't like it fight it out with our lawyers. Angry Joe along with several other channels have a standing boycott for Nintendo games. I can understand why they're doing this, but us consumers are the ones who are suffering because of it. We will never get the full story before buying Nintendo products, just shills and fanboys who think everything is great!

For me bully tactics are unacceptable and I won't be buying any of their products and I encourage everybody to give their products an hard pass.

1 hour ago, maksakal said:

Nintendo takedown in 3, 2, 1.....

I've owned all home consoles because of their IP. The Switch is the first console i've passed because of the arrogant, out dated and straight out childish way Nintendo has been behaving. C'mon, is Nintendo still living in the 80's? If you say something we don't like we'll send our expensive lawyers after you and silence you because even if you have every right todo what you're doing, you won't have the money to fight us so just shut up!

Ok, an argument can be made for live streaming their games, is it derivative? Is adding your gameplay, commentary and personality to it enough to make it unique? I don't know. But hitting critics who show gameplay footage with DMCA notices? And again, if you don't like it fight it out with our lawyers. Angry Joe along with several other channels have a standing boycott for Nintendo games. I can understand why they're doing this, but us consumers are the ones who are suffering because of it. We will never get the full story before buying Nintendo products, just shills and fanboys who think everything is great!

For me bully tactics are unacceptable and I won't be buying any of their products and I encourage everybody to give their products an hard pass.

Im confused on how buyers are suffering over this?

I have a switch and finding reviews for games (even when the reviews say the game is shit) is very easy with a quick google search.

3 hours ago, maksakal said:

Angry Joe along with several other channels have a standing boycott for Nintendo games. I can understand why they're doing this, but us consumers are the ones who are suffering because of it. We will never get the full story before buying Nintendo products, just shills and fanboys who think everything is great!

I know I'm a dude with Super Mario Kart as my avatar so you're going to ignore whatever I say anyways. Especially when you're throwing out words like "shill" and "fanboy". Even so I fail to see how Nintendo's aggressive stance towards creators, modding and fan projects hurts consumers. Do I agree with their approach? No. But making things harder for content creators is kinda the opposite of what a company should be doing if they want favourable coverage. By rubbing content creators the wrong way all they've done is ensure that a large section of people will nit-pick.

The way Nintendo does things one thing you can pretty much guarantee that videos like this one from LMG are not sponsored in any way. Especially in a video about running unauthorised software on it. Not saying that LMG are "shills" for anyone else but because they're clearly not being supported at all by Nintendo in the above video? When they talk positively about the Switch in the above video, it's clearly not something they're saying to get a tick from Nintendo. 

And if you think Nintendo's approach means they're "bullies" who push people into being positive about their products? Clearly you have forgotten about the Wii U

As a side note, as cool as running Android on the Switch is as an owner of an early model Switch I don't I'll bother with it. Seems more of a "because you can" thing than something actually useful. Besides, it's not like there's a shortage of other Android devices that can fill that gap for me. Very cool, very impressive but only in the "running Doom on your Fridge" kind of way.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

This might be the closest thing to a Shield Portable 2 we will get (unless GeForce Now convinces Nvidia to do something).
In a number of ways, the Switch is a better piece of hardware. There are photos out there from developer units that have ended up in pawn shops and ebay so we know that it wasn't that different from the Shield Portable. The big things IMHO is the USB type C port and the lower complexity of the physical device (thought the Joy Con's leave room for argument there).

If you have an unpatched Switch, it was pretty easy to get Android running once I had the RCM jig. I followed instructions int eh XDA forums and I was up and running pretty quickly.
Hopefully someone can either find a new vulnerability or find another way around the security measures in the recovery mode to open up later consoles too.

• 3 years later...

Is there a way to switch back to switchOS?