Remove IP spam filter on SweepWidget

GigabitXe
Go to solution Solved by GigabitXe,
9 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Please post your solution incase there are others that may have this same issue now or in the future. We would rather leave this up than delete it. Thanks

Will do.

My solution was actually quite simple. In the "Edit" tab of your giveaway in the SweepWidget dashboard there is a checkbox to "Block duplicate IP addresses from entering". It is located under the Language and Google Captcha options. Uncheck this and you are good to go. Again, I can't believe I didn't see this when originally troubleshooting, but at least I found it now. 

I am running a small giveaway using a software called Sweepwidget. My giveaway is taking place mostly online, but entries will be accepted in person the day of my event. I will need to manually enter all of the in person entries myself. However, the software I am using does not offer a way to manually add entries as far as I can tell. That means that I will have to enter each of the in person entries as though I was a unique individual, but this leads to a problem. I tested doing this and after the first entry, I get an error saying that the entry was flagged by the spam filter. As near as I can tell it is an IP based spam filter because the only thing that allowed me to enter was to connect to a different VPN server for each entry I needed to make. While this is a solution, I am expecting a lot of entries the day of, and connecting and disconnecting to a different VPN for each person is tedious and time consuming. I was wondering if there is an easier way to quickly change your external IP address to prevent the spam filter from flagging entries. 

Now, I have contacted the company asking if there is a way to temporarily disable the spam filter or add entries manually, but I haven't heard back yet. Also, if I can't figure this out, I have found a way to use RAND functions in excel to pick a random name and just manually enter all people into a spreadsheet, but that is not the best solution either. Lastly, my giveaway is already well underway, so it is too late to switch to another software. I know I probably should have checked this earlier, but to be honest it never even crossed my mind that this would be an issue. 

Please Quote or tag me @GigabitXe to make sure I see your reply. 

I can't believe this, but I just found the option to disable the IP based spam filter. Thanks for anybody who was typing a response, but I no longer need an answer to this question. Feel free to delete this topic mods.  

4 minutes ago, GigabitXe said:

I can't believe this, but I just found the option to disable the IP based spam filter. Thanks for anybody who was typing a response, but I no longer need an answer to this question. Feel free to delete this topic mods.  

Please post your solution incase there are others that may have this same issue now or in the future. We would rather leave this up than delete it. Thanks

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

9 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Will do.

My solution was actually quite simple. In the "Edit" tab of your giveaway in the SweepWidget dashboard there is a checkbox to "Block duplicate IP addresses from entering". It is located under the Language and Google Captcha options. Uncheck this and you are good to go. Again, I can't believe I didn't see this when originally troubleshooting, but at least I found it now. 

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Sujan Mondal said:

Why showing this... please give me solution of this problem

IMG_20211013_113332.jpg

Solution has already been given. Contact giveaway holder or company they are using.

Also, please don't revive old threads to hijack. Your issue is different from OPs. Post your own thread instead.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv