What is this noise?!

Car712

Hey, so i've been having this extremely annoying "beeping" noise start on my PC, and im trying to figure out what it is, it started maybe 2 days ago, and I cant really describe it, so i'll just attach an audio file so you can listen. I have checked all the fans, its not any of them, not sure what it could be!

Sound.m4a

5 minutes ago, Car712 said:

Hey, so i've been having this extremely annoying "beeping" noise start on my PC, and im trying to figure out what it is, it started maybe 2 days ago, and I cant really describe it, so i'll just attach an audio file so you can listen. I have checked all the fans, its not any of them, not sure what it could be!

Sound.m4a 76.46 kB · 0 downloads

it could be coilwhine from your gpu, try running the PC without the gpu and see if the sound is still present

19 minutes ago, Ichoumaz said:

it could be coilwhine from your gpu, try running the PC without the gpu and see if the sound is still present

Welp, figured it out in the process of doing this, when I turned it back on without the GPU, my RGB cable had came loose, and no more sound, put it back in (without fixing the RGB cable), still no RGB, and still no sound, plugged the RGB cable back in, there was the sound again! I'll try moving the cable to another header to see if that fixes it.

16 minutes ago, Car712 said:

Welp, figured it out in the process of doing this, when I turned it back on without the GPU, my RGB cable had came loose, and no more sound, put it back in (without fixing the RGB cable), still no RGB, and still no sound, plugged the RGB cable back in, there was the sound again! I'll try moving the cable to another header to see if that fixes it.

haha, glad i could be of assitance