Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What to upgrade for more fps

lynno1
 Share

Here are my specs, this is a pc i build like in 2017 i think ard there.

 

Intel Pentium G4560 3.5ghz dual
MSI - Z270M MORTAR Micro ATX
Asus - Radeon RX 570 4GB OC STRIX
Vengeance LPX ddr4-2800 8 GB
TOSHIBA 3.5" HDD 7200
Todhiba 2.5" SSD
SeaSonic - 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX
Thermaltake - Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
AOC G2460PF 144HZ 1 MS

 

I think i can afford around $500 -+ to make it give more fps for gaming.

I'm going to buy new rgb ram sticks and a tempered glass case and either change the gpu or cpu. I'm trying to make it rgb and also increase the fps.

Any suggestions will be appreciated :D thanks !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

CPU is a must.

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

 

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

 

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

 

 Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Cpu+ mobo

Get a ryzen 5 3600 with a msi b450 a-pro max and another 8gb ram of the same frequency and you'll be fine.

 

Or find a second hand i7-6700 to stick in the same motherboard

If you can get the 6700k for less than $100, go for it. Thats a significant boost. Of you can spend more, go for the 3600+b450 max combo. You cant go wrong with ryzen right now. 

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

 

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

 

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DeluxeClaus said:

Here are my specs, this is a pc i build like in 2017 i think ard there.

 

Intel Pentium G4560 3.5ghz dual
MSI - Z270M MORTAR Micro ATX
Asus - Radeon RX 570 4GB OC STRIX
Vengeance LPX ddr4-2800 8 GB
TOSHIBA 3.5" HDD 7200
Todhiba 2.5" SSD
SeaSonic - 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX
Thermaltake - Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
AOC G2460PF 144HZ 1 MS

 

I think i can afford around $500 -+ to make it give more fps for gaming.

I'm going to buy new rgb ram sticks and a tempered glass case and either change the gpu or cpu. I'm trying to make it rgb and also increase the fps.

Any suggestions will be appreciated :D thanks !

You can easily get either a 6700k or a 7700k for dirt cheap nowadays and trust me it will be a hefty upgrade plus upgrade your GPU to RTX 2060 

My personal Build as i am a cool tech enthusiast B|

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheSneakyRM/saved/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Martin2132 said:

If you can get the 6700k for less than $100, go for it. Thats a significant boost. Of you can spend more, go for the 3600+b450 max combo. You cant go wrong with ryzen right now. 

He already has a Z270 and I say no one will buy that thing rn so ig he choosing a 7700k for dirt cheap will be better

My personal Build as i am a cool tech enthusiast B|

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheSneakyRM/saved/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, killer5247 said:

He already has a Z270 and I say no one will buy that thing rn so ig he choosing a 7700k for dirt cheap will be better

Why would no one buy z270 ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

i'd get a 1600 AF and B450M Pro4/Pro VDH and another 8gb of ram along with a corsair CX550 for the PSU, use whatever you got left for a better GPU.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

i'd get a 1600 AF and B450M Pro4/Pro VDH and another 8gb of ram along with a corsair CX550 for the PSU, use whatever you got left for a better GPU.

Dude he has a seasonic 520 watt 80+ bronze psu seasonic PSUs are way better than corsair one's what are you even saying?

My personal Build as i am a cool tech enthusiast B|

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheSneakyRM/saved/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, killer5247 said:

Dude he has a seasonic 520 watt 80+ bronze psu seasonic PSUs are way better than corsair one's what are you even saying?

so you're saying an llc resondant dcdc 80+ silver meeting psu with full ocp, opp, otp, uvp and ovp covering made by cwt or greatwall loses from a 12 year old psu with group regulation double forward, opp, uvp only on 5 and 3.3v and ovp just because RSY or Seasonic made it?

 

the cx is way more modern and better

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

so you're saying an llc resondant dcdc 80+ silver meeting psu with full ocp, opp, otp, uvp and ovp covering made by cwt or greatwall loses from a 12 year old psu with group regulation double forward, opp, uvp only on 5 and 3.3v and ovp just because RSY or Seasonic made it?

 

the cx is way more modern and better

Look he definitely does not needs a PSU upgrade it will be like just a waste of money for now he can upgrade it later but now the PSU he has can easily handle a 2060 and a 7700k 

My personal Build as i am a cool tech enthusiast B|

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheSneakyRM/saved/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, killer5247 said:

Look he definitely does not needs a PSU upgrade it will be like just a waste of money for now he can upgrade it later but now the PSU he has can easily handle a 2060 and a 7700k 

i suggest you read this...

s12ii was okay when it was out, but outdated by today's standards, specifically c6/c7 sleep states

 

he has in my eyes perfect reason to upgrade, and again, seasonic isn't magic, i would've said the same with something like a vs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

i suggest you read this...

s12ii was okay when it was out, but outdated by today's standards, specifically c6/c7 sleep states

 

he has in my eyes perfect reason to upgrade, and again, seasonic isn't magic, i would've said the same with something like a vs

I have seen vs PSUs dying in front of me they are poor shit

My personal Build as i am a cool tech enthusiast B|

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheSneakyRM/saved/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, killer5247 said:

I have seen vs PSUs dying in front of me they are poor shit

and I've seen s12ii's exploding and frying

 

what's your point?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

and I've seen s12ii's exploding and frying

 

what's your point?

i need to upgrade my psu also? can my psu handle upgrades?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DeluxeClaus said:

i need to upgrade my psu also? can my psu handle upgrades?

i would highly recommend doing so, mainly due to that topic i sent earlier here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

i would highly recommend doing so, mainly due to that topic i sent earlier here

i don't really understand it, can you do a TL:DR. Is 520watt not enough or what or the psu last time design sucks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, DeluxeClaus said:

i don't really understand it, can you do a TL:DR. Is 520watt not enough or what or the psu last time design sucks

the design is from 10-12 years ago, and lacks some protections that are in my eyes required these days

 

with that the voltage can easily get too high on it with modern midrange hardware

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, DeluxeClaus said:

i don't really understand it, can you do a TL:DR. Is 520watt not enough or what or the psu last time design sucks

500 watts is plenty but quality is important too

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Get a Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB of 3200MHz RAM, and an MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX. That should increase your FPS by about 100.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/21/2020 at 4:46 AM, Fasauceome said:

500 watts is plenty but quality is important too

how can you tell if the quality is good? and does the quality matter? if so how does it matter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DeluxeClaus said:

how can you tell if the quality is good? and does the quality matter? if so how does it matter

generally I refer to the tier list for things I can't find myself. Usually you have to find reviews (and not amazon or newegg "reviews") that break down the performance and stuff like the fan.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×