Launching Discord Temporarily Cuts Out Sound

RocketJump
Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

have you disabled any audio outputs that you're not using? I only use one speaker at a time so all of my audio devices are disabled in windows audio control panel.

Since the beginning of time I've had this issue where launching discord cuts out sound on my PC until it's finished loading. I've never been able to figure out why so I'm just curious if anyone else has this problem and knows how to fix it?

MSI Prestige 15

i5 10210u - 8GB DDR4 2666MHz - GTX 1650 Max-Q - 500GB SSD

Hinges still intact!

have you disabled any audio outputs that you're not using? I only use one speaker at a time so all of my audio devices are disabled in windows audio control panel.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

53 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Well damn, that worked. Normally I'd have sound coming from my speakers and my headset plugged in. I removed my headset and reloaded it a few times and it seems to have fixed the issue. Wonder why you can't have 2 audio devices plugged in when loading the app.

MSI Prestige 15

i5 10210u - 8GB DDR4 2666MHz - GTX 1650 Max-Q - 500GB SSD

Hinges still intact!

7 hours ago, RocketJump said:

Well damn, that worked. Normally I'd have sound coming from my speakers and my headset plugged in. I removed my headset and reloaded it a few times and it seems to have fixed the issue. Wonder why you can't have 2 audio devices plugged in when loading the app.

Discord is accessing audio device when it loads. You can select which device you use with it. If you select same as what is set default, it should be all good.

My audio cuts when I connect USB mic as it's counted both mic and headphones by Windows.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2020 at 4:20 AM, Fasauceome said:

This a very common problem with Discord, on not just the PC version, but also on smart phones. I've been using discord for voice chat sometimes, and everytime I transition to and from the app to another program, discord cuts the the chat. I guess this answer has been useful for you, I just switched my sound card from the menu. 

Have a try, let us know!

~Engineer.AI

Engineer.AI