How do people with diabetes PRICK their finger PURPOSELY ? HELL NO

WolfLoverPro

What’s that? You knew it was me posting this questions. Hmmmm. Gonna have to start changing my game. 

Yeah. I CANNOT even look when people do it. I know a friend who does it 

I SWEAR if I had to I’d rather just die i cannot do that with needle or whatever pin prick NO NO NOOOO

i wonder why my brain and fingers typed this topic 

4 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

It's not painful, you barely feel a thing.

Nope. I saw that black long thin thing. He pressed down on it and I hear a CLICK 

that pin  must be bigger than a wasp stinger. AND I RUN if I see a wasp

what do u mean you don’t feel it? If you try and push a safety pin needle in your finger you can feel it going in  

blood test  I don’t feel it but that’s like really thin needle 

8 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Nope. I saw that black long thin thing. He pressed down on it and I hear a CLICK 

that pin  must be bigger than a wasp stinger. AND I RUN if I see a wasp

what do u mean you don’t feel it? If you try and push a safety pin needle in your finger you can feel it going in  

blood test  I don’t feel it but that’s like really thin needle 

The needle is very thin, it's meant to make a drop of blood appear, not dig into your fingers with the force of 1000 wasps, chill.

That click was either a lever/button being pressed or the spring doing its thing. 

A safety pin is larger than the one in the lancet.

Lancets come in many shapes and sizes, they're not designed to hurt the person using them.

6 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

The needle is very thin, it's meant to make a drop of blood appear, not dig into your fingers with the force of 1000 wasps, chill.

That click was either a lever/button being pressed or the spring doing its thing. 

A safety pin is larger than the one in the lancet.

Lancets come in many shapes and sizes, they're not designed to hurt the person using them.

Yeah but if the needle is so thin it won’t make the blood come out will it? That’s why bloody test have to pull and suck 

It's either a knife or the pin. Make your choice.

I guess getting beat up is also an option.

13 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Yeah but if the needle is so thin it won’t make the blood come out will it? That’s why bloody test have to pull and suck 

It's thin enough to not hurt that much but thick enough to get the necessary blood drawn. What's so hard to understand about that, especially if it means that you get to live another day by checking your blood if necessary?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

i once donated blood and they not only prick your finger but also jab this thing into your arm

Image result for blood donation needle

and what makes it worse is the person doing it for me didn't find my vein for the first 9 tries so i got jabbed 10 times

its a tiny prick feeling, some days its a bitch but its life...

If companies would be honest about the sugar in items everyone would be better off, but they have like 60 words to cover up the fact there is no sugar in the so called food or beverage

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

i once donated blood and they not only prick your finger but also jab this thing into your arm

Image result for blood donation needle

and what makes it worse is the person doing it for me didn't find my vein for the first 9 tries so i got jabbed 10 times

Dude. You'd have to chloroform me to even get one of those close to me.

How did you sit there and let him do it 10 times?

It's not a huge deal. You just kinda get used to the feeling over time. Sure, it hurts, but you have to live with it.

Being diabetic for 10 years now, I still have a fear of needles but you really do just, have to get used to it.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

31 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

It's thin enough to not hurt but just enough to break the surface of the skin allowing blood to come out, it's not a lot of blood just one drop. I've had a couple blood tests where they have used a finger prick, and it's been painless every time you just feel a bit of pressure on the tip where the prick is, not any actual pain for me, it could be different depending on your pain tolerance but I have never had a problem with a finger prick, getting blood drawn through an IV is completely different for me fuck that.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

You don't even see the needle with the right gear... You essentially just put what often looks like a half sized mechanical pencil that has a needle instead of a lead inside on your finger and "push". You barely feel a thing after a while.

Seriously, there's a limit to being scared of needles or blood...
It can be a matter of life or death for them.
Though if it's Type 2, tell you friend to get his ass moving and get back in shape to get his system moving properly. It won't "cure him", but it can reverse it, more or less, demanding a lot less attention... May not work for all, but it's a proven fact.

I'm guessing you're not going to be donating blood anytime soon either.
Not only do their prick your finger at the beginning to check your hemoglobin levels, but the needle itself for the blood donation is MUCH larger than the needles for vaccines. Though the sensation of blood leaving your body can be addicting actually...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

If it's death instead of finger pricks, I hope you exercise daily and keep a really good diet lol.  Diabetes is a kind of universal disease, even if you aren't predisposed to it bad diet choices can always lead you down the path.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 hour ago, WolfLoverPro said:

[...]

I SWEAR if I had to I’d rather just die i cannot do that with needle or whatever pin prick NO NO NOOOO

[...]

Well, that is the literal choice they have, and everyone makes it differently.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

A lot has to do with you expecting it to hurt. If you are expecting it to hurt, it probably will. I have to have blood drawn every six months (it used to be every three months) and it doesn't bother me at all. I even watch them poke in the needle. I feel it even less than when I accidentally stick myself with a sewing pin or needle.

Not everyone feels pain to the same degree and some are far less tolerant than others but, with the right frame of mind, it won't hurt nearly as much as it will if you expect the pain to be worse than it is. Most of the pain is in your mind.

If you think the getting a finger prick or needle stick is bad, try watching someone poke a long needle into your foot or shoulder, then partially withdrawing it and re-aiming it multiple times to inject an anesthetic or cortisone (I didn't like it but it didn't bother me). Don't get me wrong, I don't like needles and, if I have a choice, I prefer NOT to get stuck but it's just not that bad.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

its a tiny needle that just pricks you. Its less painful then a hang nail tbh.

Needles really dont hurt that much. Ive stuck myself/been stuck hundreds of times, have a crap load of tattoos, etc and cant really say that any of them actually hurt.

I got a spinal tap before and even that didnt "hurt" in the sense of a giant needle going in my back. What hurt was when it would glance a nerve in my back.

Tbh its mostly mental. Its why getting a shot in the arm as a kid feels like the worst pain in the world yet when you get one as an adult you dont think twice about it.

I had heart issues when I was little, and I was constantly having blood drawn, if you chill out a little before then it won’t hurt as much, if your freaked out it hurts like hell. 

now I’m 21 and marijuana is legal in Oregon, doctors visits are a lot less painful ?

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

back when i was like 5, i got sick, they did prick my finger multiple times, it hurt but it's way less painful than vaccines.

accidentally punching myself with my fingernail hurt way more, and so did stabbing myself with a sewing needle(on accident, duh)

i have the most problems with thick needles, it hurts a lot more, plus just seeing it makes me unconfortable

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

It's to measure blood glucose. It doesn't hurt. As you get older it will hurt a lot less. 

Well the lancets are extremely thin usually (not always the case, especially the ones most hospitals  use). The ones I use are 33 gauge (~0.2mm diameter), compared to say, a standard 20 or 22 gauge(~0.9mm and 0.7mm diameter, respectively) needle used for blood draws or IVs.

Most can also adjust the depth of penetration to allow you to only go as deep as needed. If set properly there is no pain at all.

531B7449-2FC7-4324-9272-15D6D674E96F.jpeg.90dcdec857b26a6f69a33a062e684b2b.jpeg

If you think needles are big, wait till you see a PICC line. They actually use a metal wire to check for correct catheter length. Its quite interesting to watch on the live radiology monitor while it's happening.

27117184-F570-48E6-8F58-7A1D6704C6BB.jpeg.3c21a1a36a736de53dea462bc0616ea4.jpeg

On 2/18/2020 at 4:33 AM, WolfLoverPro said:

i wonder why my brain and fingers typed this topic 

Would you like a venipuncture or Arterial Blood Gas? Those are way more traumatic than a needle prick. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

3 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

Would you like a venipuncture or Arterial Blood Gas? Those are way more traumatic than a needle prick. 

You won't even feel a blood gas if they shoot you up with fentanyl first. First and only real pain medication I have ever had and I will never have any others near me.

4 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

You won't even feel a blood gas if they shoot you up with fentanyl first. First and only real pain medication I have ever had and I will never have any others near me.

Who gives fentanyl for an ABG? That’s way too strong for a simple procedure. Lidocaine will do just fine. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside