Whenever i launch overwatch it makes all of my monitors change color slightly

KSores

Whenever i launch overwatch it makes all of my monitors change color slightly, it makes them all have a hint more red/orange

i first noticed it yesterday and the colors go back to normal when i close overwatch

i have windows night light disabled

Does Overwatch happen to have its own color settings, either in-game or in your graphics card's control panel? Team Fortress 2 does a similar thing except that it only changes contrast to its own settings.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

5 hours ago, KSores said:

Whenever i launch overwatch it makes all of my monitors change color slightly, it makes them all have a hint more red/orange

i first noticed it yesterday and the colors go back to normal when i close overwatch

i have windows night light disabled

1) If you have F.lux installed, it might be being turned off when the game activates. 

screenshot.jpg

2) If you have bluelight reduction or "night mode"'s turned on, it might be being turned off

win-10-blue-light.jpg

3) It could also be a UI configuration for enabling color-blindness mode.

Overwatch

1. Launch Overwatch.
  2. Select Options.
  3. On the Video tab, click the + on the right of Color Blind Options to expand the menu.

You can select a filter for Deuteranopia, Protanopia, or Tritanopia. Use the Color Blind Strength slider to change the intensity of the filter.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/31224

5 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Does Overwatch happen to have its own color settings, either in-game or in your graphics card's control panel? Team Fortress 2 does a similar thing except that it only changes contrast to its own settings.

Haven't noticed this myself in quite a while but I'm betting this is it.  I remember some games used to have their own colour settings and rather than just applying in-game, it would change the whole system at launch and then change back when you left.  Problems started when you force quit them and they didn't set things back... for this and other reasons I always thought it was an odd way to do things, but perhaps there's a technical reason I don't understand.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

• 6 months later...

Same thing happening to me, did you manage to fix this?

Long time ago when I was playing OW on my 1060 I had an issue where the game would randomly and suddenly go into a yellow or a purple tint mode. 

I found out that it is very sensitive to VRAM OC on my graphics card, no other game would have an issue but OW would always screw my colours because of the OC. It wasn't doing that if I removed the OC from the VRAM. 

KSores, man thank you so much, was going crazy about to RMA my monitor, this fixed it!