EK-KIT Classic RGB P240

The SPC pump is not really what I would consider good value, also if you are going to use hardline at some point you should go hardline from the start since getting a new set of fittings is costly, and doing a soft tubing custom loop does not prepare you for hardline in any way.

Get a D5 or at worst DDC (D5, heavily recommended) and don't waste money on soft tubing fittings if you are thinking of going hardline at all.

The other P240 is more value since it comes with a D5 https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-p240 https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-rgb-240

1 hour ago, For Science! said:

The SPC pump is not really what I would consider good value, also if you are going to use hardline at some point you should go hardline from the start since getting a new set of fittings is costly, and doing a soft tubing custom loop does not prepare you for hardline in any way.

Get a D5 or at worst DDC (D5, heavily recommended) and don't waste money on soft tubing fittings if you are thinking of going hardline at all.

The other P240 is more value since it comes with a D5 https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-p240 https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-rgb-240

i got the petg tubing and the fitting already.

2 minutes ago, Brass_01 said:

i got the petg tubing and the fitting already.

Then just purchase the radiator, cpu block, and pump separately.

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

Then just purchase the radiator, cpu block, and pump separately.

I already did either way must be good?

- Thread cleaned -

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Brass_01 said:

I already did either way must be good?

So if you already did purchase the radiator, cpu block, and pump seperately, there is aboslutely no reason for you to buy a kit.

Just now, For Science! said:

So if you already did purchase the radiator, cpu block, and pump seperately, there is aboslutely no reason for you to buy a kit.

i mean i bought the kit i had the other fittings and tubes if i would want to converted it i could...

i mean i bought the kit i had the other fittings and tubes if i would want to converted it i could...

Okay I understand now, you are just wanting reassurance that you bought something worth the price. Bad news for you is that I do not think so. Since you are likely going to be using separate hardline fittings and tubes anyway, you essentially bought a SPC pump, Evo block, and PE240 radiator for 300 euros (MSRP). Given that individually these parts would cost  235 euros (MSRP), you've gotten yourself a seriously poor deal since you aren't using the soft fittings that come with the kit.

This is completely ignoring the fact that the SPC pump is meh, and you should have allocated the budget to a D5 pump combo. The PE240 and Evo block are fine, there are better looking and performing models out there that would have fit in the same budget, but that's another point/

8 minutes ago, For Science! said:

You're kinda right on the cost effective part did cost me a lot more than i thought could have bought me a rtx card but hey first time...

3 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Okay I understand now, you are just wanting reassurance that you bought something worth the price. Bad news for you is that I do not think so. Since you are likely going to be using separate hardline fittings and tubes anyway, you essentially bought a SPC pump, Evo block, and PE240 radiator for 300 euros (MSRP). Given that individually these parts would cost  235 euros (MSRP), you've gotten yourself a seriously poor deal since you aren't using the soft fittings that come with the kit.

This is completely ignoring the fact that the SPC pump is meh, and you should have allocated the budget to a D5 pump combo. The PE240 and Evo block are fine, there are better looking and performing models out there that would have fit in the same budget, but that's another point/

Could have make worst choice the first time too i guess i messed up a bit..

Could have make worst choice the first time too i guess i messed up a bit..

It will still work, and if that is the only thing you care about, call it a day and be happy about it. If the thought that knowing you could have gotten significantly better for the same price bothers you, then perhaps you should return the kit and buy parts individually.

Usually if you buy cheap, you buy twice. In this case you bought expensive, but you still might have to buy twice. So I hope your retailer has good return policies.

31 minutes ago, For Science! said:

It will still work, and if that is the only thing you care about, call it a day and be happy about it. If the thought that knowing you could have gotten significantly better for the same price bothers you, then perhaps you should return the kit and buy parts individually.

Usually if you buy cheap, you buy twice. In this case you bought expensive, but you still might have to buy twice. So I hope your retailer has good return policies.

I might just use it for as long as the fluid life span or and kit has to offer i bought white cryofuel and the tester too...could do part petg part soft tube i got to consider my gpu...

EKFC1080-GTX-TF6_NA_front_1600-1.jpg

19 hours ago, For Science! said:

thing is here everything cost a lot and if i knew i could order directly from ek before i would have order everything there but i still knew nothing about what's good for the price the performance and everything i don't feel like always asking  so i can find it my way still all i got must be good better than what i got now for sure..

On 2/14/2020 at 11:30 AM, For Science! said:

On 2/14/2020 at 11:30 AM, For Science! said:

Im gonna do a separate loop for the gpu with hard line petg and vertically mount the gpu.

1 hour ago, Brass_01 said:

Im gonna do a separate loop for the gpu with hard line petg and vertically mount the gpu.

ok, have fun

Just now, For Science! said:

ok, have fun

i know i will...i am gonna do better research on this too i know it's doable just take some patience and money.

18 hours ago, For Science! said:

ok, have fun

Still not finished yet need to fix gpu sagging for now?

pc now.jpg

40 minutes ago, Brass_01 said:

Still not finished yet need to fix gpu sagging for now?

Installing a waterblock will change the weight and centre of mass for the card so no point optimizing too much with the air cooler.

2 hours ago, For Science! said:

Installing a waterblock will change the weight and centre of mass for the card so no point optimizing too much with the air cooler.

More or less for the look you see it pointing more to the window id like it to be more straight thing is how to bend the back plate where connectors are to fix it properly mainly for looks.

IMG_20200221_095808304.jpg

IMG_20200221_095812804.jpg

IMG_20200221_095826601.jpg

5 minutes ago, Brass_01 said:

More or less for the look you see it pointing more to the window id like it to be more straight thing is how to bend the back plate where connectors are to fix it properly mainly for looks.

Can't tell because your photo is so perspectively distorted. But as I said above, everything will change with the waterblock so no point discussing this now.

On 2/21/2020 at 10:06 AM, For Science! said:

Can't tell because your photo is so perspectively distorted. But as I said above, everything will change with the waterblock so no point discussing this now.

85212719_10158642728331002_5805990245895766016_n.jpg

87194540_10158642488566002_7247906605063208960_n.jpg

87204023_10158642488796002_3244991059352092672_n.jpg

87520544_10158642728476002_7981493706484088832_n.jpg

87762657_10158642488986002_7920523712254705664_n.jpg

10 hours ago, Brass_01 said:

so you didn't go for a seperate loop in the end, that's good.

don't forget to remove the protective blue sticker on the ek logo, but also have a think whether that waterblock actually looks good in the vertical orientation or not, it jjust looks like a solid black wall.

10 minutes ago, For Science! said:

so you didn't go for a seperate loop in the end, that's good.

don't forget to remove the protective blue sticker on the ek logo, but also have a think whether that waterblock actually looks good in the vertical orientation or not, it jjust looks like a solid black wall.

Show stopper i know i should have gotten a clear one but first time doing a custom loop not best looking and perf but at least only missing is a cap at the end of the flush part but no leak on my first try so for me it's a win!

84210482_10158643745196002_2969000605554573312_n.jpg

87169227_10158643745241002_767730540940886016_n.jpg

87289497_10158643745281002_8625038768459481088_n.jpg

Now i think it worked no leak yet and thing is still get 71c in cinebench r20 at 100% load but in gaming cpu gets 50c 60c  and gpu surprisingly not gotten over 36c in gaming yet nice so i call that a success!?

IMG_20200229_150419504.jpg

Redid the petg part!