Which Wii to HDMI adaptor should I choose

AndreiArgeanu

I got a Wii recently but I can only play it on a smaller different TV that has composite which is quite inconvenient and the quality of the signal isn't that great either so I was thinking of getting a Wii to HDMI adaptor and I look on Amazon only to find that there are many different ones with similar prices and basically looking exactly the same on the outside.

This one seems to be the most popular one out of them with the most reviews and marked as "amazon choice" so I'm considering getting this one. Any other suggestions?

with no external power I would be hesitant as it is converting what i would assume to be an analog signal into digital. But the reviews and user pics seem to convince me otherwise. My advance would be to get an active adapter such as this  Even thought its cheap it does have good review and be honest the Wii's graphics ain't getting better. 

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

7 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

This one seems to be the most popular one out of them with the most reviews and marked as "amazon choice" so I'm considering getting this one. Any other suggestions?

I've been using that one for years and it works fine.  

6 hours ago, Axeonelite said:

with no external power I would be hesitant as it is converting what i would assume to be an analog signal into digital. But the reviews and user pics seem to convince me otherwise. My advance would be to get an active adapter such as this  Even thought its cheap it does have good review and be honest the Wii's graphics ain't getting better. 

The one he linked is a active adapter, the wii's multi AV connector has both +5V and +12V pins so it's powered by the console.

2 hours ago, johnny5c said:

I've been using that one for years and it works fine.  

The one he linked is a active adapter, the wii's multi AV connector has both +5V and +12V pins so it's powered by the console.

News to me. Very informative! Thank you! 

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC