Why the Fraktal R6 doesnt have a filter on top?

Windows95

there doesnt seem to be a filter on top where you can place fans. Not on the detachable piece and not on the actual case... why?

2 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

there doesnt seem to be a filter on top where you can place fans. Not on the detachable piece and not on the actual case... why?

There is, the detachable top has it on the inside (it can be separated from the closed metal top).

Behold, the filter!

image.png.27d3bf6fe96f38170baada68fdec72d1.png

EDIT:  Did you even watch the video you posted?  Paul pulled the filter off the top... He shows the damn filter. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

Behold, the filter!

image.png.27d3bf6fe96f38170baada68fdec72d1.png

But wheres the filter? is it on the grid detachable piece? I cant see it on the videos.

10 minutes ago, Windows95 said:

But wheres the filter? is it on the grid detachable piece? I cant see it on the videos.

It's on the underside of the grill.

Either way, the top fans should be set up as exhaust anyway so not having a filter, as is the case with many cases, isn't necessarily the end of the world.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

44 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

See below at 3:50

https://youtu.be/WWaxLG2hCgo

Ahh shiet

what about the fan above the PCI slots?

fractal-caja-define-r6-gunmetal-ventana-

It has a grid there, but I think there's no filter? My R4 at least has no filter there, I always wondered why

2 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

It's on the underside of the grill.

Either way, the top fans should be set up as exhaust anyway so not having a filter, as is the case with many cases, isn't necessarily the end of the world.

right so the fans at the front suck air in, the rest of the fans push it outside

5 hours ago, Windows95 said:

what about the fan above the PCI slots?

It has a grid there, but I think there's no filter? My R4 at least has no filter there, I always wondered why

The filters are there to stop dust from outside being sucked in to the case. Only intake fans need to be filtered. The rear fan is usually used as exhaust, so it does not need a dust filter.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450