Any way to change static ip

Khoomn

I recently got into a big mixup with discord false banning my alt which then proceed to ban my ip. Was wondering since I have comcast xfinity, if there is any way to change my public static ip so im no longer ip banned from discord. thanks

Alright update, discord won't unban me so I need to know how to change it. I can't edit my mac address for some reason with Comcast default router and modem.

If it was a mistake made on discord it sounds like something you should taken up with them to get unbanned.

If you contact your ISP you can request that your IP be changed. They may ask questions which you will have to provide valid answers but they can provide that service.

If you don't want to talk to your ISP your other option is a VPN.

13 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

If it was a mistake made on discord it sounds like something you should taken up with them to get unbanned.

If you contact your ISP you can request that your IP be changed. They may ask questions which you will have to provide valid answers but they can provide that service.

If you don't want to talk to your ISP your other option is a VPN.

yeah just waiting for discord, but do you know if xfinity does it specifically?

3 minutes ago, Khoomn said:

I have no personal experience asking Xfinity specifically to change an IP but as I had heard people succeed requesting new IP's from their ISP's for one reason or another it is my expectation that Xfinity would also oblige the request. If you can give them a good reason.

1 hour ago, Khoomn said:

Cable ISPs usually don't have a magic way to "change" your IP, as their network simply assigns them from a rotating pool of available IP addresses. One thing you can try on your own is bridging your modem, then connecting your own router or computer directly to the modem. This will usually assign a new IP since the MAC address requesting the IP will have changed, after which you can see if you get another new IP when you unbridge.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, Khoomn said:

Firstly they dont give you a static IP, UNLESS you pay extra for it and even then its very rare for them to allow it on residenital service in most areas. Secondly IP addresses on their network are assigned based on Mac address. That being said, if you use a STANDARD cable modem and seperate router, it can be easy to change the IP address. As you just need to use the mac address clone feature on your router to change its mac address and that will baiscally force a new IP address assignment, as your current IP would be assigned to the old mac address. That being said, most people use Xfinitys crapy gateways, and if thats what you are doing, then you will need to call and beg. Hopefully you get someone who knows what the fuck your talking about. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Sounds like a bunch of wankers.

You can usually MAC clone another address on the WAN side of the router to obtain a different DHCP lease.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

5 minutes ago, beersykins said:

Sounds like a bunch of wankers.

You can usually MAC clone another address on the WAN side of the router to obtain a different DHCP lease.

I have the same ISP. If the OP is using one of their gateways, that wont be possible. As Comcast does not issue standard cable modems. Which is why some of us buy our own. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

14 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Which is why some of us buy our own. 

Ah, indeed.  I didn't even hook that POS up before giving them the MAC of my MB8600 out of the box :P

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

On 2/8/2020 at 6:17 PM, Khoomn said:

I recently got into a big mixup with discord false banning my alt which then proceed to ban my ip. Was wondering since I have comcast xfinity, if there is any way to change my public static ip so im no longer ip banned from discord. thanks

Alright update, discord won't unban me so I need to know how to change it. I can't edit my mac address for some reason with Comcast default router and modem.

If you have your own router you can spoof the mac address of one of your machines on your network. Then unplug your modem for about 60 seconds and plug it back in. That should cause an IP change.