is it bad to unplug my ethernet cable from my PC while it's running

lamyathla

will it cause any damage

or you recommend first to shut down my computer and then unplug the ethernet cable from my pc or my switch that leads to my PC 

Nope.

I suppose in some cases, you might find yourself not having a network connection when you go to plug in an Ethernet cable again, but a simple reboot should fix that.

NO!

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

No, most devices on the back of the PC are designed to be hot swappable.

Now back in the day there was a time when disconnecting your PS/2 Mouse during operation could kill the motherboard but those days are long gone. :D

However as far as I have seen boards that still allow PS/2 devices are still not hot swappable.

1. You cannot connect a device after the system is powered on
  2. You cannot disconnect and reconnect a device while the system is powered on.

As for Ethernet. They're designed to be connected and/or disconnected while the system is in operation.

Actually, I'd argue that it is bad. You will not damage the computer hardware, but depending on what you're doing you may actually drop important connections. It's going to be less bad that pulling out a USB drive, but there is still the possibility of corrupting a file that is mid-transfer, or interrupting your connection to the local Minecraft server - That's why the connections have a locking tab, you don't want the connection just popping out randomly. :)

In all seriousness though, you won't break anything. If you do a quick swap of a cable to change ports or something you *may* have a program complain about the interruption, but you can usually resume a download where it left off, and if you're using an application that is particularly sensitive to network drops (Like SSH or IRC) you'd probably know about it, so just close your sessions before yanking on the cord.