Laptop - screen works only at certain angles

Cris.py

Hello,

I need some help with Asus F556U. It always starts normal, but after like 15 - 30s of use, the screen goes black. To get it back to working, I either have to move the screen angle, or push on the screen bazzle somewhere. Then it might die again, lasts from 15s up to 30min or sth.

I have already took it apart, the cable seems fine, all connectors look ok aswell. I even managed to move the cable when I had picture with no issues. Considering this I doubt the cable is bad.

Is there anything I can try before I order a new screen?

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Cris.py said:

screen goes black

Totally black black, or can you see the images, they are just very very dark? I'm wondering if the backlighting module has perhaps gone bad...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

8 minutes ago, Cris.py said:

Black Black, completely dies.

Sounds like perhaps a pinched wire?

Can you run the laptop without the bezel on, and see what happens?

If it still goes black black, then yes, I'd suspect a bad panel. If it stays up, something is being pinched/compressed somewhere

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

It’s most likely either the cable or the LCD panel, both of which are easily replaceable. Replace the cable first, if you still have the same issue replace the panel. 

I would also consider tested your laptop with a monitor to make sure it’s not the GPU, if that checks out it’s likely one or both of the things I mentioned above.

1 hour ago, Cris.py said:

I have already took it apart, the cable seems fine, all connectors look ok aswell. I even managed to move the cable when I had picture with no issues. Considering this I doubt the cable is bad.

You checked the cable only from one end? maybe it's disconnecting from the other end or it's pinched like @Radium_Angel said.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

I have tested GPU via external monitor and it is fine. Running the laptop without bezels on had no difference, but I still suspect the cable could be the issue, maybe at bends.

I did check cable at both ends. I believe I will follow @Founders advice and replace the cable first and check if that helps.