Which is best Processor for Music Production Software Intel Or AMD

I have been discuss many people that "which processor is best for Music productivity?".But majority of the people says that intel is best for musical productivity.

but i am not sure because I am using FL Studio and It is a multi-threading software so it needs more cores 

AMD has more cores in a less price and i can't buy Intel due to its higher pricing

Also no one is talking about music productivity  

does anyone have right answer for this???

Audio decoding and encoding usually favors fast single threads. I'm not familiar with your software exactly, but in general all audio processing software always favored faster single thread than bunch of slow cores. With Ryzen, you should be fine even with something like Ryzen 5 3600X. It's still 12 threads and boosts to 4.4GHz. That's pretty nice clock for single thread and you still have a lot of threads if they are needed. Though I'd personally wait for AMD to release Zen 3 if you're in no rush. They seem to be tweaking the logic how Ryzen CPU's turbo and they made quite an improvement with Zen 2 (3000 series). As for Intel, just take whatever boosts the highest as you'll benefit the most from that. They'll have plenty of cores at that point too anyway.

Any CPU you can afford will work... You can improve performance 4 free by adjusting some settings & using less plugins.

Having the lowest Buffer length setting is not a competition. If you are happy with 20 or 30 ms then that's great. Remember, the lower the buffer length setting, the higher the CPU load. We strongly recommend 10 ms (ASIO mode) as a minimum setting. At lower settings than 10 ms, most people don't experience improved 'responsiveness' and the CPU load climbs rapidly. To put 10 ms in context, the delay between touching a key on a real piano and the hammer hitting the strings for a 'pianissimo' note can be well over 100 ms 

I think your main concern will be a screen with high resolution and big enough in size that you can fit everything in it and be able to read all the settings... also lot of RAM... hard drive will fill up quickly when you work with wav format files too.

We don't have enough info to provide you with an accurate answer. Which program(s) are you using and why do you need a new computer? It might not be the CPU that is bottlenecking you and if that's the case it won't get any faster no matter which CPU you buy. 

You didn't even give us a budget! 

Stop focusing on which logo is on the box and start focusing on comparing two specific chips in the same price range. 

2 hours ago, fredrick2002 said:

I have been discuss many people that "which processor is best for Music productivity?".But majority of the people says that intel is best for musical productivity.

but i am not sure because I am using FL Studio and It is a multi-threading software so it needs more cores 

AMD has more cores in a less price and i can't buy Intel due to its higher pricing

What's your budget? I wouldn't go with anything intel right now since amd is absolutely slaying the competition. fl studio's website has a page on pc specs: https://support.image-line.com/action/knowledgebase?ans=214

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

16 minutes ago, fredrick2002 said:

Bcoz amd has good spec for low price 

I'm sorry... but I don't think that answered the question. Yes, AMD has good specs for low price.

But have you thought this through?

What's your budget that you're willing to spend?

Would you still go with Intel?

And, echoing @LAwLz, what are the other specs of your computer? W

I'd love to help you out, but I need some more information.

Edited by silicon_lottery
formatting + some minor changes
8 hours ago, aisle9 said:

A turd with an HDMI cable jammed into it is more powerful than a MacBook Air, and up until this year it had a better display, too.

☢️ Know Your Allergens: ☢️

Pollen | Plastic | Radiation | Antimatter

part list

In the hobbyist category, it really doesn't matter too much - unless you are going to be running huge projects of real time audio recording and processing multiple effects and generators and dozens of tracks on the same machine, you won't run into too many problems. Cost/performance of AMD is still supreme. There are other factors that can affect audio performance other than just CPU.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've read that AMD systems were sometimes having issues related to latency and also compatibility with some audio equipments (focusrite to name only one)... 

Is it true? Was it only with previous generations? 

Before I switch to AMD (mainly due to Intel lack of some CPUs availability), I want to be sure that everything will run smooth, without any problems. 

Thanks! 

• 1 month later...