A *CRAZY* Overkill Plan to Build an overly powered Beast

This Build is just an idea but let me decompose it:

***CLICK HERE FOR : PC part picker Page ***

----Specs:----

-it has the AMD TR 3970x (32c @ 3.7Ghz)

Inside the socket of an "Asus Zenith II Extreme" MoBo

Paired with 256 GB of ram (DDR4-3200)

and TWO Titan RTX (24GB)

All cooled with a Corsair HyperX water-cooling (2* 480 Rads in the front, 1*420 rad in the top & 2* LL120 exhaust fans (all fans are LL *** RGB from Corsair))

Inside the Beautiful Corsair 1000D   

----Storage:----

1* Intel Optane 905P (1.5TB) for the system, Apps & Games & the Always used Videos and templates (Intros, Music and sound effects, PNGs and all kind of stuff you will use frequently through all your videos)

4* Seagate IronWolf 16TB (hooked to the SYBA 8 port Raid card to configure them in raid 10 for a total of 32 TB of Archival Storage)

2*Samsung Evo 860 PRO 4TB (in software raid0)

4* Corsair MP600 2TB inside the Asus Hyper M.2 PICe expansion card (for scratch and Media for the active Projects giving 8TB at 15GB/s speed for up to about 8 hours of 8k red footage (red code 5:1 24fps 8k full format)).

----MORE AIO:----

1*Gigabyte GC-titan Ridge thunderbolt 3 PICe card( for extra connectivity and more functionality eg: hooking up a ProDisplay XDR)

----PSU:----

All powered By a 1600W corsair 80+ Titanium PSU

----WHO THE FUCK IS IT FOR----

It is basically speaking for no one, it just an overkill idea that can handle editing the highest quality footage, Gaming at the highest fps and Ultra settings And combining all what can PCs do in a single Machine

----SOME COMMENTS----

-I didn't use any of the five m.2 slots on the MoBo since the PCI lanes will already be occupied with all of the expansion cards and the GPUs.

----THE DREAM WORKFLOW----

-after shooting a lot of none-sense footage on the RED 8k CCam u come back home to offload all the footage in the Samsung Evo SSDs while that happens in the background you play some random game

after that when u decide to finally edit you copy all of your needed footage into the insanely fast raid0 m.2 drives and start editing hopefully with no limitation or bottlenecks (a very good CPU, GPU hardware acceleration, very fast storage and enough ram)

u export all the files then put'em in the SSDs if u will need them soon or dump then in the HHDs for storage (not forever if u will use this much storage eventually you will have a storage server with high capacity which can eliminate all of the HDDs and their raid card)

finally, you will enjoy great HDR 10-bit videos on the apple ProDisplay XDR hooked to the thunderbolt3 card.

then off to sleep and rewind all...

pretty crazy ideas, Maybe Linus will think to test this build... hopefully

EDIT (YES I'm A Asus , Samsung and Corsair Fan Boy) 

3990x? Also gives 88 lanes instead of 64, so you can use even moar PCIe devices

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

If I can justify another HEDT something like this sounds fun, but I'm semi broke from the current builds so 3970x will have to wait. 

If you move forward with this take lots of pics! 

HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse

As much as I don't like being a beggar, I honestly have no choice at this point. Is there anything you can do to help me? 

The XDR can be driven by the RTX USB-C port. You won't need the GC-TITAN RIDGE + dual DisplayPort input because the RTX and XDR support Display Stream Compression. With DSC, you can get 6K 60Hz RGB 12bpc with a single HBR2 link rate connection. If you have a GPU that doesn't have a USB-C port (but still supports DSC), then you can use a USB-C to DisplayPort bidirectional cable to get 6K but you'll be missing the USB features of the display (USB ports, brightness control, presets, rotation). You might be able to get the USB features using a Wacom Link Plus, Sunix UPD2018, or Huawei VR 2 Computer Connection Cable (they support DisplayPort 1.2 but that might be ok since you just need the HBR2 link rate with DSC to get 6K). Maybe you can connect multiple XDR displays this way.

For GPUs that don't support DSC, you need the GC-TITAN RIDGE and two HBR3 connections. The GC-TITAN RIDGE doesn't support dual HBR3 though because two full HBR3 connections would exceed the bandwidth of Thunderbolt 3. However 6K does not require the full bandwidth of HBR3 and Thunderbolt 3 doesn't transmit DisplayPort stuffing symbols, so Apple's Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 controllers are set to allow dual HBR3. I don't think the Windows Thunderbolt 3 drivers will enable that (or I haven't seen anyone succeed yet).

You might want a GC-TITAN RIDGE anyway if you have a GPU that supports DSC so you can get USB 3.0 speed from the USB ports of the display (and also to connect other Thunderbolt devices to the GC-TITAN RIDGE's other Thunderbolt 3 port).

Some AMD cards also have a USB-C port (W5700 for example). And Navi cards (5xxx) support DSC.

20 hours ago, Jurrunio said:

3990x? Also gives 88 lanes instead of 64, so you can use even moar PCIe devices

64 is enough for the things i need,, but the 3990x doesn't give any overhead for more ram nor better performance in either gaming or editing!! only of it's heavy VFX which isn't something i consider doin

On 2/8/2020 at 8:29 AM, joevt said:

On 2/8/2020 at 8:29 AM, joevt said:

The XDR can be driven by the RTX USB-C port. You won't need the GC-TITAN RIDGE + dual DisplayPort input because the RTX and XDR support Display Stream Compression. With DSC, you can get 6K 60Hz RGB 12bpc with a single HBR2 link rate connection. If you have a GPU that doesn't have a USB-C port (but still supports DSC), then you can use a USB-C to DisplayPort bidirectional cable to get 6K but you'll be missing the USB features of the display (USB ports, brightness control, presets, rotation). You might be able to get the USB features using a Wacom Link Plus, Sunix UPD2018, or Huawei VR 2 Computer Connection Cable (they support DisplayPort 1.2 but that might be ok since you just need the HBR2 link rate with DSC to get 6K). Maybe you can connect multiple XDR displays this way.

For GPUs that don't support DSC, you need the GC-TITAN RIDGE and two HBR3 connections. The GC-TITAN RIDGE doesn't support dual HBR3 though because two full HBR3 connections would exceed the bandwidth of Thunderbolt 3. However 6K does not require the full bandwidth of HBR3 and Thunderbolt 3 doesn't transmit DisplayPort stuffing symbols, so Apple's Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 controllers are set to allow dual HBR3. I don't think the Windows Thunderbolt 3 drivers will enable that (or I haven't seen anyone succeed yet).

You might want a GC-TITAN RIDGE anyway if you have a GPU that supports DSC so you can get USB 3.0 speed from the USB ports of the display (and also to connect other Thunderbolt devices to the GC-TITAN RIDGE's other Thunderbolt 3 port).

Some AMD cards also have a USB-C port (W5700 for example). And Navi cards (5xxx) support DSC.

it's not just to power a XDR i hate apple anyways and probably will get some Proarts from asus to complete the full theme but as an editing productivity machine having thunderbolt3 will be handy in so much situtation
PS: didn't know about the usb C in the back of the T rtx