Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommendation needed for a Wireless HDMI extender (Sender & Receiver) solution?

Hi there,

We are moving our TV from one end of our living room to the other end. 
This is roughly 4.5m/15ft, with no brick walls.

I don't want to move the TV Box, as it's right beside the digital/satellite wall connections.
I'm also not allowed to run any more cables!

Can anyone reccommend a Wireless HDMI extender (Sender & Receiver) solution?
It doesn't have to be 4k... 1080p would be fine, once it's stable.

I dont want to spend over what I need to... but I also dont want to miss out on must-haves, by under spending on a solution.

Thanks in advance,

G.

I don't understand what you are asking. your moving your tv to the other side of the room? Also is your tv a smart tv because depending on what service you have there could be an app on you tv for it. Then you don't need to run cables. Additionally if I'm being honest I'm not sure if what your asking for exists.

At those prices, you could afford new TV xD... best solution, don't move the TV...

I never trust wireless, what if you hide cable under carpet?

Wireless HDMI is not cheap.

With $300 you can get a Apple TV or Nvidia Shield.

You can also have a HDMI to LAN, which is cheaper and better than wireless.

Ryzen 2600 @ 4ghz | Radeon RX580 | 32gb HyperX 3200mhz | 500gb Samsung PM981a | 5 TB HDD | Corsair CX450

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2020 at 2:46 PM, DxE said:

Hi there,

We are moving our TV from one end of our living room to the other end. 
This is roughly 4.5m/15ft, with no brick walls.

I don't want to move the TV Box, as it's right beside the digital/satellite wall connections.
I'm also not allowed to run any more cables!

Can anyone reccommend a Wireless HDMI extender (Sender & Receiver) solution?
It doesn't have to be 4k... 1080p would be fine, once it's stable.

I dont want to spend over what I need to... but I also dont want to miss out on must-haves, by under spending on a solution.

Thanks in advance,

G.

We've used different ones at work.

Older ones are made by HD Flow similar to (if not exactly like) these ones:

https://www.amazon.com/Peerless-HDS300-Peerair-Wireless-Multimedia/dp/B01A60Y4OQ/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=hd+flow+wireless+hdmi&qid=1582245840&sr=8-5

They're very expensive - but they do a pretty good job. The radios inside are pretty powerful.

Warning: They can get really fucking hot.

We've also tried these:

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-ST121WHD2-HDMI-Wireless-Extender/dp/B01NCHJ9VG/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=startech%2Bwireless%2Bhdmi&qid=1582245891&sr=8-3&th=1

And they suck, badly. We had one on top of a projector, going maybe 20 feet (probably less), and the projector itself was sometimes enough to block the signal. If you stood physically in the way of the signal, it would freeze or cut out. Do not recommend.

No wireless HDMI kit is going to be a good replacement for cables though - if you can run an HDMI or Ethernet cable, that's better. If not, maybe check out the HD Flow kit or something similar to it.

For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

me personnaly I'd look for a better wired solution, I've never had any luck with wireless hdmi unless its like 3 ft away (which i mean, whats the point of that?) as mentioned earlier check into a smart TV add on like an apple tv or fire stick or roku, or even look into a fiber hdmi, they are pretty expensive but theyre thin and easy to tuck under baseboards and hide pretty easily

• 1 month later...