Best Aftermarket 770?

tihor29

Im building a 1400$ rig but I have no idea about what gtx 770 is best for maximum performance with overclocking. I am considering a asus, msi, or evga 770.  Also a big selling point for me is the aesthetics of a video card. I have a windowed case so this is important. Thanks

I like the MSI gaming version of them, but its mostly personal preference on what looks the best. They are all very closely the same when it comes to noise and temps. 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

EVGA Classified

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Best: Classified or Lightning.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Performance wise, there is very little difference between different coolers. The overclocking capabilities will be limited by the individual card, not the cooler. I personally like the EVGA ACX cooler, but aesthetics is down to you. If you have a red/black build, go with Asus. A clean black build, go with EVGA etc. 

Im building a 1400$ rig but I have no idea about what gtx 770 is best for maximum performance with overclocking. I am considering a asus, msi, or evga 770.  Also a big selling point for me is the aesthetics of a video card. I have a windowed case so this is important. Thanks

I Would go for MSI because out of the ones you are looking at i think it looks better but it is personal preference mainly

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

They're all pretty similar. Just get whichever aftermarket one is cheapest or whichever looks best to you.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I just bought a Asus GTX 770 yesterday. From what I have heard asus has amazing customer support and overall is a great card. It also has a backplate so it looks really good. You can get it for $309 from NCIX http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=84874&vpn=GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5&manufacture=ASUS&promoid=1084   But really it all depends on what you like. And with a $1400 budget could consider sli. Or just going with a 780. With a budget like that you could go for something like this. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2SZuF It sounds like you already have the case so i didn't include it. If you dont then get cheaper ram and no heatsink then pick out the case you want.

msi gtx 770 lightning for the blue color reactor xD. in my country it's even more expensive than the r9 290x powercolor ref and the r9 290 non x toxic xD.

Live your life like a dream.

I just bought a Asus GTX 770 yesterday. From what I have heard asus has amazing customer support and overall is a great card. It also has a backplate so it looks really good. You can get it for $309 from NCIX http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=84874&vpn=GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5&manufacture=ASUS&promoid=1084   But really it all depends on what you like. And with a $1400 budget could consider sli. Or just going with a 780. With a budget like that you could go for something like this. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2SZuF It sounds like you already have the case so i didn't include it. If you dont then get cheaper ram and no heatsink then pick out the case you want.

^ Buy that one. Asus, Gigabyte, EVGA, MSI are all good. The Gigabyte is the longer card and runs very slightly cooler, but won't fit in some smaller cases.

As far as windowed/aesthetics? I think the Asus looks good (backplate looks awesome). I got the Gigabyte cus it was on sale. Atm the Asus is on sale. Buy the one that is on sale. 309 for a GTX 770 is about as good as it gets price/performance atm.

Anything Nvidia right now with a non ref cooler runs pretty damn cool. You really can't go wrong with any of those big 4 brands. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.