What is the best case fan and is it worth buying?

I would want to know what case fan is the best 120mm or 140mm

1 minute ago, AlluT said:

I would want to know what case fan is the best 120mm or 140mm

The best case fans are the Corsiar ML PRO, the price is a bit spicy.

But absolutely worth!!

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

25 minutes ago, Constantin said:

The best case fans are the Corsiar ML PRO, the price is a bit spicy.

But absolutely worth!!

I use the rgb version of them on my ek thick rad and I am impressed how much air they move through that 6cm thick fins at around 40 - 50% with my corsair pump being louder

5 minutes ago, Mephi00 said:

I use the rgb version of them on my ek thick rad and I am impressed how much air they move through that 6cm thick fins at around 40 - 50% with my corsair pump being louder

The thing though is that they can be use in every situation, radiator, intake case, exhaust case.

I have 2 in a 30$ air cooler push/pull configuration and they behave like its the top end cooler.

I will change all my other case fans also!

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Noctua has a lot of very high performance fans, like double the static pressure of any competing fans by Corsair, Cooler Master, Phanteks etc, but they are also pricy AF, lack wide availability...and their colour scheme is....you know...

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Depends what you need. Do you want silence, air flow, air pressure, rgb, longevity.... 

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

If you plan to buy stuff on a lower price, ID cooling fans are pretty ok. They can have as much as 3-4mmh20 pressure and 75 CFM for about $6-$8 though no rgb. Its to be expected at that price. Idk if it exists in your country though.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

12 hours ago, Constantin said:

The thing though is that they can be use in every situation, radiator, intake case, exhaust case.

I have 2 in a 30$ air cooler push/pull configuration and they behave like its the top end cooler.

I will change all my other case fans also!

Do you have any other high end fans?  While the ML pro are nice, I've used both he 120 and 140mm versions and been disappointed with both.  They're loud at mid-high rpms, have a low performance ceiling, cost too much compared to better products and are, at best, in the top 5th percentile when it comes to all around performance and high end fans.

(You can take my words with a grain of salt, but I own/have owned 45+ mid to high end fans.  The ML are nice, but in the end their only novel feature is the maglev hub)

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

but in the end their only novel feature is the maglev hub)

I'd assume that keeps them quieter at really low rpms vs a fan with a normal bearing hub, no? At higher RPMs I'd assume the fan blade/air moving noise just overtakes any advantages the maglev would have, making them best suited to really low rpm optimized rads or something. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

I'd assume that keeps them quieter at really low rpms vs a fan with a normal bearing hub, no? At higher RPMs I'd assume the fan blade/air moving noise just overtakes any advantages the maglev would have, making them best suited to really low rpm optimized rads or something. 

Entirely correct, the ML has it's best showing at sub 800 rpm.  But then it gets stomped by silence optimized fans running faster, same db and way more volume moved 

Also, maglev is donkadonk cheap lol.  Sunon sells what is basically an all black and beefed up ML120 pro for $13 USD, and they're almost certainly the OEM for corsair 

#Aliexpress C$ 1.43 30%OFF | 1pc Cooling Fan 120mm DC12V Silent Powered Maglev Switch Silent Computer Fans 1800 RPM 2 Lines 2pin 120x120x25mm https://a.aliexpress.com/_soBbEO

#Aliexpress C$ 16.04 30%OFF | Original SUNON MFC0381V1-Q000-M99 12038 12cm 120mm DC 12V 7.4W desktop fan https://a.aliexpress.com/_sEhSF8

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious