cooler master masterbox 511 rgb

TechGames

hello, i bought the masterbox 511 rgb today and i noticed only 1 usb port on the front works, any solutions? when i plugin for example a usb drive the led in the usb drive lights up for maybe 2-3 sec and then just turns off and doesn't get detected. its not only the drive that doesn't work nothing works via that usb port i've tried via the other port and that works fine.

4 hours ago, TechGames said:

hello, i bought the masterbox 511 rgb today and i noticed only 1 usb port on the front works, any solutions? when i plugin for example a usb drive the led in the usb drive lights up for maybe 2-3 sec and then just turns off and doesn't get detected. its not only the drive that doesn't work nothing works via that usb port i've tried via the other port and that works fine.

Both USB ports should go to one internal header on the motherboard. Make sure it's fully inserted. If it is, you might have a defective front I/O port :( 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

9 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Both USB ports should go to one internal header on the motherboard. Make sure it's fully inserted. If it is, you might have a defective front I/O port :( 

Alright when i get home i will try to reinsert the usb header.

2 hours ago, TechGames said:

Alright when i get home i will try to reinsert the usb header.

can confirm it didn't work sadly...

24 minutes ago, TechGames said:

can confirm it didn't work sadly...

It's possible then that the port is dead, or there's some sort of defect in the connections between the port and the motherboard header. If it bothers you significantly, you can contact CoolerMaster support and see if they can do anything, but I dont think the Front I/O on that case is easily replaceable 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

6 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

It's possible then that the port is dead, or there's some sort of defect in the connections between the port and the motherboard header. If it bothers you significantly, you can contact CoolerMaster support and see if they can do anything, but I dont think the Front I/O on that case is easily replaceable 

alright i contacted them thank you!