Lian Li TU150 Air Flow...

SYNERGY6

Hey guys

I ordered this:

Case: http://www.lian-li.com/pc-tu150/

GPU: https://www.gigabyte.com/za/Graphics-Card/GV-N207SWF3OC-8GC

Fans: https://www.wootware.co.za/cooler-master-r4-120r-203c-r1-masterfan-mf120r-argb-120mm-case-fan-3-pack.html

CPU Cooler: https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NH-D15-chromax-Black-Dual-Tower-Cooler/dp/B07Y3CTQNT

RAM: https://www.wootware.co.za/g-skill-f4-3600c16d-16gtznc-trident-z-neo-16gb-2x8gb-ddr4-3600mhz-cl16-1-35v-black-desktop-memory.html

Will use the AMD 3600 stock cooler until I get the Noctua DH-15 Chromax in.

Which will be the best way to install the fans? 

The GPU sits at the bottom and I can install 2 fans there. However, wont this create air turbulence when its hitting the GPU?

Should I install the 3rd fan as intake or exhaust? Or get another and do both?

Thanks!

If you want my opinion, the most important case fans are the ones at the front and back. As long as you have decent positive and negative pressure, it will be more than sufficient. If you have to pick between installing fans at the top or bottom, I would say go with fans on top, especially considering you're using an air cooler and you don't have to install a radiator or anything. 

Super simple diagram right here: ideal.png

@SYNERGY6 I'd go with 1 front intake, 1 bottom intake and 1 back exhaust, I think it's better combo than 2 bottom and 1 back

CPU: i5-4590 | CPU Cooler: SPC Spartan LT HE922 | MOBO: ASRock H87 Fatal1ty | GPU: Gigabyte R9 280 3GB | RAM: 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix 1600Mhz | SSD: MX500 1TB | Case: SPC Armis AR7X | PSU: XFX TS550W | Custom Cables: Phanteks Extension Kit (White)

2 hours ago, xKr1Sx said:

@SYNERGY6 I'd go with 1 front intake, 1 bottom intake and 1 back exhaust, I think it's better combo than 2 bottom and 1 back

Thanks!

Will test and post results with the different configs some time next week.

3 hours ago, ConduitCreator said:

If you want my opinion, the most important case fans are the ones at the front and back. As long as you have decent positive and negative pressure, it will be more than sufficient. If you have to pick between installing fans at the top or bottom, I would say go with fans on top, especially considering you're using an air cooler and you don't have to install a radiator or anything. 

Super simple diagram right here: ideal.png

Would have went with fans on the top if the case allowed it.

Will go with an intake, exhaust and 1 intake at the bottom.

Thanks!

Be aware that the rear exhaust fan will be a tight fit with this case and heat sink. Some people opt out the exhaust fan due to this, I wouldn't as it get pretty warm with my build with four Noctua NF-F12, three intake (Bottom and front), and one exhaust (Rear.)

Don't forget to get dust filter for the bottom, does not come with one.

Untitled.png

14 hours ago, Soyo13 said:

Be aware that the rear exhaust fan will be a tight fit with this case and heat sink. Some people opt out the exhaust fan due to this, I wouldn't as it get pretty warm with my build with four Noctua NF-F12, three intake (Bottom and front), and one exhaust (Rear.)

Untitled.png

Perfect, thanks!

• 1 month later...

How thick is that exhaust fan?  I measured and I'm only getting 14mm of clearance between the back of the heat sink and the case.  Is the NH-D15 "pressed" forward to make this all fit?

• 8 months later...
On 2/7/2020 at 12:28 AM, Soyo13 said:

Untitled.png

What Temps do you get, I just set something up very similar and it's pretty toasty. (50-73. 83 max) I'm debating adding the other cpu cooler fan back or gutting the front mount to add a 140mm fan. 

PXL_20201213_063358182.jpg

8 hours ago, floopa said:

What Temps do you get, I just set something up very similar and it's pretty toasty. (50-73. 83 max) I'm debating adding the other cpu cooler fan back or gutting the front mount to add a 140mm fan. 

Please don't revive old threads. Locked.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv