Xbox says Sony and Nintendo are no longer their competition

10 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

Coming from the guy who thought that it was a good idea to force people to buy Kinnect and to have an internet connection to play Xbox games.

Yeah, Sony thought so too. Don't know why everyone forgets that. They just saw the massive backlash that MS got and backed off on it.

In other terms, cloud services aren't very functional until data caps and internet speeds globally increase significantly, especially if 4k is going to be more commonplace.

#Muricaparrotgang

2 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Honestly I would likely have less access to my games if I had hard copies. I have never had steam ban me or a game no longer available while I have broken and lost countless games over my lifetime. For alot of people the idea of steam is super convenient and better than having hard copies. 

There's literally a guy in this forum who's had his account flagged and blocked off and on for over a year because Valve was charging him bullshit and he cut that out. He literally can't access anything.

And apparently bookshelves are just too damn complicated for you.

There's also the "gracious" refund policy of less than 2 hours, which is straight garbage. And the fact that you can't resell them, even though according to Steam they sell you a product, except not really.

#Muricaparrotgang

Cloud Gaming is a great idea on paper.... it still suck balls if you're anywhere far away from the servers... And I wouldn't be surprised if the servers gets clogged up by too many connections at once, since that's using up a lot more bandwidth than plain searches query.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

39 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

Some of us don't want an entire house of bookshelves. I've repurchased every classic game I have possible to do so purely so I do not have to deal with CDs and CD keys. It is fundamentally stupid how, at least it is for Sony, if you buy the physical game you need the blu ray in the PS4 to play it but if you buy it digital off the PS Store you don't (like duh). The hell, it's the same bloody game and PS Store delivers updates for both, just treat the physical copy as a cached download, argh.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Some of us don't want an entire house of bookshelves. I've repurchased every classic game I have possible to do so purely so I do not have to deal with CDs and CD keys. It is fundamentally stupid how, at least it is for Sony, if you buy the physical game you need the blu ray in the PS4 to play it but if you buy it digital off the PS Store you don't (like duh). The hell, it's the same bloody game and PS Store delivers updates for both, just treat the physical copy as a cached download, argh.

Same if you "install" a game onto your Xbox. I could understand asking for the disc every other week, but every time is ridiculous.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Same if you "install" a game onto your Xbox. I could understand asking for the disc every other week, but every time is ridiculous.

Why at all, every physical PC game purchase now days is a case with a Steam key in it. Shouldn't ever have to do something you don't have to do on a digital sale.

4 hours ago, pas008 said:

Clearly you havent seen kids when they are hyped up during a gameplay. I have the misfortune of underestimating a kid's energy and lost a 3k tv because my nephew threw the controller at it for losing at fortnite. You will think twice about having bad internet after that experience.

25 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

Clearly you havent seen kids when they are hyped up during a gameplay. I have the misfortune of underestimating a kid's energy and lost a 3k tv because my nephew threw the controller at it for losing at fortnite. You will think twice about having bad internet after that experience.

Lol sounds more like parental problems

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

There's literally a guy in this forum who's had his account flagged and blocked off and on for over a year because Valve was charging him bullshit and he cut that out. He literally can't access anything.

There's also the "gracious" refund policy of less than 2 hours, which is straight garbage. And the fact that you can't resell them, even though according to Steam they sell you a product, except not really.

Yeah like normal retail stores all have great return policies as well. I'm sorry but you can still appeal to get a return after the 2 hour limit if you have a legitimate reason but I can definitely see a reason why they have the 2 hour rule in place otherwise people would abuse the return policy. Also an anecdote of one guy getting screwed by valve doesn't really convince me tbh. 

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

That's a few thousand games at that point. I'm never going to entertain actually housing a few thousand games. You can fit 1-200 games in a small bookshelf or a cabinet. If digital ever gives you the ability to do things like you can with physical copies, I'm open to switching, aside from having to download 100gb games. The other day I turned on my friends Xbox and couldn't play anything except Forza because everything else had some massive update it needed. 40gb isn't an update, that's an entire damn game.

1 hour ago, leadeater said:

Why at all, every physical PC game purchase now days is a case with a Steam key in it. Shouldn't ever have to do something you don't have to do on a digital sale.

But why have physical? They don't even have the common courtesy of actually putting the game on the disc, it's literally just a Steam code.

49 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Yeah like normal retail stores all have great return policies as well. I'm sorry but you can still appeal to get a return after the 2 hour limit if you have a legitimate reason but I can definitely see a reason why they have the 2 hour rule in place otherwise people would abuse the return policy. Also an anecdote of one guy getting screwed by valve doesn't really convince me tbh. 

Even Gamestop, shitty as they are, has a better return policy. I bought some work shoes from JCPenny's and after ~3 months the soles just fell off. I was still within their return/refund period and they actually gave me money back for disgusting shoes. My local computer store has varying states of returns/refunds, aside from a few items like modems that also goes up to 3 months, covering anything from $5 to $500.

But yeah, I bought a game that sucks ass so I guess I just get to deal with that instead of being able to at least recuperate some amount of money spent. Why would I be able to hold control over a product that I bought, purchased, paid for, own? Imagine if I sold you a chair, and you just have to keep it literally forever. Doesn't matter if you hate it, best you can do is shove it in the attic with all the other crap you wasted money on.

And people being banned from games for stupid reasons or the DRM just deciding it's an illegitimate copy happens pretty frequently, but whatever.

#Muricaparrotgang

24 minutes ago, CircleTech said:

Cloud based gaming will become popular as soon as ISPs install nationwide fiber internet to every citizen from Manhattan to Rural Oaklahoma for a fee of under $100 a month.

In other words, not in our lifetimes. 

Currently, there is too much latency for cloud based gaming to work on the multiplayer level. For single-player games it will work, but multiplayer games are far more popular and thus what the big tech companies are targeting. 

Oh and Elon Musks and Amazons nationwide internet? Yeah, that will just make the problem worse. The latency for satellite internet is horrible, and a mesh network or worldwide satellies isn't gonna make things better. Light through glass cables is a lot faster than radio signals through a congested atmosphere. 

I don't know where companies got this idea could based gaming is feasible for FPSes. Physics just get's in the way.

Wheres the money in rural Oklahoma?

They will target highly populated areas where the money is at

I have played with this stream shit but on gigabit connection very nice for what it is right now

Actually 2 of my 1060s and 5700xt are from gamers that moved to it because they can in their location

Plus they can play on almost any device which is nice for shits

Not for me yet but im not doubting how awesome it is for many people

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

That's a few thousand games at that point. I'm never going to entertain actually housing a few thousand games. You can fit 1-200 games in a small bookshelf or a cabinet. If digital ever gives you the ability to do things like you can with physical copies, I'm open to switching, aside from having to download 100gb games. The other day I turned on my friends Xbox and couldn't play anything except Forza because everything else had some massive update it needed. 40gb isn't an update, that's an entire damn game.

But why have physical? They don't even have the common courtesy of actually putting the game on the disc, it's literally just a Steam code.

Even Gamestop, shitty as they are, has a better return policy. I bought some work shoes from JCPenny's and after ~3 months the soles just fell off. I was still within their return/refund period and they actually gave me money back for disgusting shoes. My local computer store has varying states of returns/refunds, aside from a few items like modems that also goes up to 3 months, covering anything from $5 to $500.

But yeah, I bought a game that sucks ass so I guess I just get to deal with that instead of being able to at least recuperate some amount of money spent. Why would I be able to hold control over a product that I bought, purchased, paid for, own? Imagine if I sold you a chair, and you just have to keep it literally forever. Doesn't matter if you hate it, best you can do is shove it in the attic with all the other crap you wasted money on.

And people being banned from games for stupid reasons or the DRM just deciding it's an illegitimate copy happens pretty frequently, but whatever.

Nit the same tbh. You buy games for entertainment and if you can get a game for entertainment use it for an extended amount of time and simply return it then it is a huge problem. Also a chair takes space where as a digital game only takes up memory to play and you can remove it if you don't want it on your computer. I am all for returns for when it makes sense but for a good that is not meant to entertain indefinitely and some games you could absolutely get good entertainment value out of them and return them if they had lax return policies. 

I think Microsoft needs to ground their feet a little. While I do believe cloud gaming will definitely become a medium to play games in the future, I personally don't see it happening within the next 5 years.

What they're saying now would probably make a lot of sense IF the infrastructure to support cloud gaming (ie. high speed, low latency internet) is available in a lot of countries. Unfortunately, even in first world countries, or heck even in major cities in developing economies, this type of connectivity isn't available everywhere all the time.

Being a visionary and being delusional are sometimes separated by a thin line. And lol at ignoring Sony and Nintendo as competitors. It's what a sore loser would do - stop playing the same game and try your luck in a completely different one while saying "yeah I'm so over this now".

Ryzen 5 2600 OCd to 3.9Ghz @ 1.275v l Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS Wifi l MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super

GSkill TridentZ RGB 16GB DDR4 l NZXT Kraken M22 AIO l Deepcool Macube 310P

9 hours ago, leadeater said:

So what if I own a Nintendo pro controller but not the console?

For when I go round to people's places to play Mario Kart so I can crush them

Same. Gone through too many Xbox 360 controllers... thought I'd try some Xbox One controllers... well, at least the 360s lasted a year. Both Ones (one official and one apparent quality branded third party version) wore the button or joystick out in less than 3 months. The Nintendo Switch Pro controller is so much nicer though. Just hoping it holds together (seems designed differently, so should do... look up the One controllers and they might have nice extra rumble in the triggers, but seem made out of cardboard and really bad design decisions)

Sony has been pretty chill about Nintendo for a very long time. I remember the Sony CEO talking about loving his Wii U.

19 hours ago, SeraphicWings said:

Ahh, so that's why the Xbox One was first marketing as a TV box when it was released 7 years ago

Sorry M$, when I buy a console I want to play game

I also remember them saying it was powerful enough that it would likely be the last console they'd ever release. Then they replaced it a few years later with the X varient.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

8 hours ago, JZStudios said:

I think if you read the fine print, you never buy a game. You buy a license to use a game,  which can be revoked under certain circumstances at the discretion of the publisher. Especially in the digital space, it becomes very easy for a publisher to revoke your license.

Even with physical games, this is technically the case I think, although if you have a disc or cartridge which you can play offline, you can at least be sure as long as your hardware works you are able to make use of your license. 

Rock paper shotgun has an interesting article from this: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/02/01/thought-do-we-own-our-steam-games/

So yeah.. if you are not comfortable with that, don't give them your money.

6 hours ago, JZStudios said:

That's a few thousand games at that point. I'm never going to entertain actually housing a few thousand games. You can fit 1-200 games in a small bookshelf or a cabinet.

Only if it's a single slim case package, if I buy physical I buy deluxe and my older games are a proper cardboard box. I mean you can but you also can't, I already have a linen closet full of game boxes and it's not even 100 games, every shelf is full. I have 400 games in just my Steam library then you have to also add GOG, Origin, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 etc, I don't want to dedicate storage in my house for physical game copies when I don't have to.

Digital distribution revolutionized the industry and greatly increased user experience, it's not really a matter of if you actually like it or the legal technicalities of it it's irrefutable that digital is a better experience. If however physical copies didn't require to have the media in the device to use it then you'd have a much stronger case, and you can't sell a game that has a damaged disc or a missing CD key.

All options of purchasing today has pros and cons and I don't consider any outright superior, but I'm sure as hell not going to buy everything as a physical copy, my house, my storage and I say no to that.

6 hours ago, JZStudios said:

No idea, it's really stupid and wasteful too. I experienced the change over and it was really weird at the time, plus super annoying as I had really bad internet so had a reason to buy physical above all else at the time. It was not fun having to wait 3 days to be able to play the game I brought.

Game publishers aren't the brightest bunch when it comes to consumer experience.

It was obvious to me a long time ago. It seems that Microsoft is not paying attention to anyone, let alone Sony or Nintendo.