Freezes Troubleshooting PRO help needed (not a noob question)

gogi

Ok', im in a bit of a pickle here. I build a pc for my friend from used components i bought, tested it and all works. He gets it, and it freezes - hard locks in games, screen goes gray or the image goes still and audio sound is like '''EERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR'', than you have to hard-restart it. I take it home, and i can barely make it crash, and it is tottaly random! I have been trying to reproduce it crashing so i can start troubleshooting but to no avail, in the 48h i have been tourchering it has crashed only 3 times. In bf4 twice, one time in singleplayer while just standing still and starring at screen, other time in multiplayer match in a helicopter, and once in GTA5 durring first tutoriall, i have been trying to make it do again but it just wont crash! I opened multiple games and benchmarks at the same time, on 2 monitors even, and nothing! I am burning it with prime95 and Fur mark to make it hot, and it is hot now, but nothing, it wont crash!

I was thinking maybe its PSU bit faulty, but since it holds up to burning stress testing.....

Specs:

Intel pentium g4600 (stock cooler)

Sapphire nitro RX 580 4G 

Gigabyte ga-h110-d3a

Single stick 8gb ddr4 Kingston 2400 (in hw info its Clock is constantly fluctuating around 1066,1-1067,1, is that normal?)

Antec VP 500w

patriot burst 120g ssd+ wd 250gb hdd

4 cheap antec molex fans from antec case, i all put them on single molex power and stack it, was thinking that was doing the problems, but i can't reproduce the crash reliably to figure that out. It only randomly crashes sometimes in games, not in benchmarks stress testing (tried all unigine benchmarks, aida64 and furmark)

I allready did reinstall windows from scratch few months ago, test it it was fine, gave it to friend and than it crashes. Anyone have any idea what to do next except reinstall everything from scratch ? It looks like a software issue since hardware is holding up to stress testing. Temps are fine fine, gpu wont go above 62 and cpu above 60-70 durring haaard pushing with multiple games, only with prime95 and furmark i can get gpu to go up to 73 and cpu 95-100, with both prime and furmark running, cpu throttles to 3500/3600 from usuall 3700 when hitting 100.

IMG-20200206-140651-9.jpg

Also the clocks of GPU seems a little low for 580, and it is awfully COOL (my personal 580 8gb is much hotter and louder than this one)  and there is bios switch on gpu its on right position performance mode and getting only 1150 core and 2050 memory. I checked the sticker and it is real 580.

IMG-20200206-145226-8.jpg

IMG-20200206-144716-7.jpg

IMG-20200206-145708-5.jpg

Ok,  so i put another but same PSU,  clean installed new drivers and all, testing it for 2 days and no crash so far,  and also the gpu clocks are now different..... core 1340 / memory 1750, before it was 1150/2050. Could it be just bad amd drivers ? -_-

Maybe he was plugging it in to a multi power outlet ? Sometimes when you do that power is not really consistent since it takes a second or so to balance out power between all devices plugged in (you also may see your monitor flicker when you turn on your desk lamp or so. 

Maybe if the power outlet was too stressed and the psu was not really good like you said it caused it to fail. 

Would be weird tho 

49 minutes ago, gogi said:

Ok,  so i put another but same PSU,  clean installed new drivers and all, testing it for 2 days and no crash so far,  and also the gpu clocks are now different..... core 1340 / memory 1750, before it was 1150/2050. Could it be just bad amd drivers ? -_-

I don't think so since when video drivers crash windows usually shuts down with a blue screen or it doesn't shut down at all. Just closed all gpu applications and restarts the driver. What sometimes happens when you oc too far. 

The 1340 should be the base clock for the rx580 so there definelty was some kind of issue before hand. But like you said the bad psu could be a point there. 1750vram is a little low for the rx 580 but putting that to 2000 should be no issue since that's also the base