Just some questions about audio and stuff.

Mentu
Go to solution Solved by rice guru,

Schiit is a newish legend responsible for bringing a lot of gear pricing down. Since they didn't have much competition in the modi magni stack for 3 generations they got away with improved but not super improved products per generation. The release of the liquid spark, and JD's labs atom. As well as great DACs like the khadas tone board and topping d10 and d30 made it hard to reccomend  the schiit stack 

The heresy and magni 3+ and maybe the hel shows major improvements and is actually competitive in the market now so they are now easier to reccomend their stuff

hi again community, i feel like i am spamming this forum way too much lately.

So i got another question, i am pretty much sold on the FiiO K5 Pro thanks to recommendations on my previous post.

But, i still got questions. one of them would be that: why do so many people recommend schiit while others dislike it?

I will post the other questions once they come back to mind, thanks everyone!

38 minutes ago, Mentu said:

why do so many people recommend schiit while others dislike it?

It boils down to a matter of preference.

Some prefer schiit because it's great audio for the price and others don't like the sound.

It's like asking why do some people prefer apples over oranges.

1 minute ago, fuzz0r said:

It boils down to a matter of preference.

Some prefer schiit because it's great audio for the price and others don't like the sound.

It's like asking why do some people prefer apples over oranges.

Ah, makes sense.

I am not so keen on schiit audio. In the early 2010's, they had this widespread reputation as being high performance, but there was no real cop on the beat during this period to actually verify this. More recently, there has been a surge of interest in benchmarking audio products, and a lot of those early schiit products were revealed to be poor, even by the standards of the time. So there is this unsavory smoke and mirrors type of feeling I get with the company. That being said, each new product gets a clean slate and is judged by its own merits.

Schiit is a newish legend responsible for bringing a lot of gear pricing down. Since they didn't have much competition in the modi magni stack for 3 generations they got away with improved but not super improved products per generation. The release of the liquid spark, and JD's labs atom. As well as great DACs like the khadas tone board and topping d10 and d30 made it hard to reccomend  the schiit stack 

The heresy and magni 3+ and maybe the hel shows major improvements and is actually competitive in the market now so they are now easier to reccomend their stuff

2 hours ago, rice guru said:

Huh, i didnt actually know all that, so if you would have to recommend an AMP for around the same price as a Magni 3+/Heresy what would you recommend?

I really like my stuff from schiit audio (Yggdrasil DAC), the Schiit YGGDRASIL sound's almost as good as my Chord DAVE, but it sounds different. My DAVE is very analytical, and I find the Yggdrasil pairs really well with my HD800's as it cuts a tiny bit of that shrillness down.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

2 hours ago, Mentu said:

Huh, i didnt actually know all that, so if you would have to recommend an AMP for around the same price as a Magni 3+/Heresy what would you recommend?

Liquid spark is for a warmer smoother sound. The heresy and atom for analytical , and for a warmer sound the 3+ when it comes to $100 amp